Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oh no. (Read 3237 times)
newslang
CH.com Newbie

im not pressed in a book

United States
Oh no.
Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:46pm

I'm really scared I'm going to get a ha tonight.  I just have a bad feeling.  I have a ha "spidey sense". 

I have no medication.  Any quick suggestions?  I'm starting to panic.
Maybe it's only stress. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
namelesspride09  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Oh no.
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 10:57pm

Go out and get a few of the energy drinks like Rock Star.  At the very first twinge chug it down.  The Caffeine and the Taurine in it has helped a lot for many people.

Ice packs, having an A/C blowing directly in your face (try hyperventilating a bit too)  very strong coffee...all these are abortives and won't do anything to prevent you from having one in the 1st. place.

Good luck and let us know tomorrow how your night was.  O.K.?   I worry about you.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 11:04pm

Get thee to a neuro or an enlightened doc and get a script for O2. You WON'T be disappointed. Ask to be put on a preventative (verapamil works for many) and an abortive (I swear by Zomig nasal spray but there are other triptans: read, read, read on the left side of this site).

In the meantime, triple brewed coffee or better yet, an energy drink, like Red Bull but with more caffeine + taurine. I prefer "Wired". 344 mg caffeine plus 3000 mg taurine. Drink fast, as soon as the "tingle" starts. Melatonin (9-15 mg just before bed too). Cold and or hot shower is helpful for many. Deep breathing and concentrating on anything BUT the hit MAY help.

I'm rooting for you tonight. Getting caught without ammo is real scary, this shite is bad enough without the added stress. You don't want to feel like this again, right? Preparation is treatment all by itself...

Regards,

Jon
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2008 at 11:06pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 11:25pm

Good advice Jon but...(this is from one of his 1st. posts)  He's 17 yrs. old.

Quote:
My mother basically refuses to have me to a dr. for this.  She has a very "everything is just fine" personality.  I am under the impression that my family thinks I'm exaggerating the pain I'm in.  I've gone to school countless times, crying in the car, begging them not to make me go only to have someone need to practically carry me to the nurse 40 mins into the day. 
In fact, she's just told me that she doesn't think they're clusterheachaches for the following, I can sleep when I get them if I take phenergan and I don't have a clear "cluster pattern". 
Has anyone heard of a migraine, but with the exact same pain as a cluster headache?  ie- Fever, stabbing pain in one eye, runny nose and eye? 
This whole "anti-dr" thing my mom is on is bothersome.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 11:58pm

Oh yikes, dang, no disrespect intended newslang. I'm sorry I missed your first posts. That's a tough situation, but I'm really glad you are here. If you have to look out for yourself, there's no better place to be.

My ch started at age 26, didn't have this place, didn't know how I would survive. At 17 I couldn't have handled it, you got guts and other folks here will help you through it...

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:51am

Hi Madison,
I am a big fan of ice.  Prior to my being properly diagnosed, I kept one gallon bags in the freezer on the ready.  It helps if you add some water to the bag, just before using, for maximum coverage of cold.  I never bothered with a cover.  The colder it was the more effective.  Now, I have a few of those handy gel packs in the freeze.  If you try ice and find it helps I would pick up a few of them from any pharmacy.  Going outside in the cool night air can help also.  I found lying on the cold cement helped abort a hit a few times.  This is actually what made think of the ice so many years ago.  Until you can convince your mom to get you to the doc, these might help you.  Hang tough little sister.  We are thinking of you and giving you many, many wishes for pain free days ahead.

Thomas

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 9:15am

Are you kidding me??????  This girl needs some help. 

I am sure you love your Mom but its time to go over her head.  Ask the school nurse about how you can get some help on your own.  Are there any clinics in your area?  Sorry if this was all addressed in your first post.  Everything is not fine!!!!!!  You should not have to suffer with this pain.  I think you mom is in denial but she needs to wake up and realize you can be helped wth a proper medication.  I wish you all the luck and invite your Mom to come on this site and join in with all the other supporters

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 9:48am

Oh Madison,  Smiley

I'm so sorry you have to go through this!   It is so scary to face a hit with no abortive.  I really feel for you.  I didn't see this till the AM so please let us know how your night went.  I pray that you made it through pf.

As for your mom...........  Have you told her about this site?  Maybe if you could convince her to visit  and even ask some questions of some of the experts around here, she would come around.  Even if she thinks that you do not suffer from CH, she has to recognize your pain and find it's cause and a way to help you.    Maybe someone here (not sure I would be the best one to do it)  could send you a PM addressed to your mom.  Do you think that she would read it?  I don't know...... I just wish that I could find a way to help you!

Hang in there!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:38am

Madison,
How'd you do? Did you grab some Red Bull? Do you have tons of ice packs? Really, now, you know this place is open 24/7/365....please hop on whenever you feel your "spidey sense" working. Someone will be here to keep you going.
Meanwhile, get your Red Bull/Rockstar, get some 02, Ice, frozen peas......another great idea is some Melatonin for bedtime.

We're determined to straighten you out, young man!
We all want you PF!
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

newslang
CH.com Newbie

im not pressed in a book

United States
Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:50pm

Thanks everyone for the replies.  Just a side note, I'm a girl.  You all can call me Maddie if it sounds more feminine.  Wink

Anyway, last night I took enough phenergan to knock a horse out so I basically passed out and slept all night. 

I guess my mom had our GP call imitrex in but when she went to pick it up she decided it was too expensive.  We don't have insurance because my mom doesn't like going to the dr. anyway.  Having insurance didn't really pay off considering we don't go to the dr.  I try not to be negative but I feel a little screwed. 

I feel like I'm kind of living on borrowed pf time right now.  I almost feel like I'm due for a headache.  I get suspicious if I am pf for more than two weeks.

On a another side note, I'm very close to getting my license and a job so maybe in a month or two I'll make an appointment my own darn self.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
namelesspride09  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:58pm

Glad you made it through last night pf.  I think that you may be on to something there!  Taking matters into your own hands may be the answer!  It is sad that you don't have your mom to rely on but at least there may be some hope in sight in that you can start to rely on yourself!  I really hope that it works out for you!

What about your dad?  Is he able to help you? 

PF wishes!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Eren
CH.com Newbie

F.U. CH Thank U CH.com

Roselle, N.J.
Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 9:54pm

Happy to hear you made it thru ok, and got some rest while doing so. I was pulling for ya. Cheesy

Eren&&"What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger"
Qbano422  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!