Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No CH last nite - could it be over for now? (Read 1193 times)
TRG
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

No CH last nite - could it be over for now?
Jun 16th, 2008 at 10:39am

After 3 1/2 weeks with my husband having ch's, last week was the best (went on o2). Headaches (usually 2 per nite) which only happen of an evening, have been getting later in the night (last one about 10 pm). Been taking verapamil 480 mg and topamax 50 mg for 9 days.  Last night my husband didn't have a headache at all.  Could this mean the cycle is breaking!?

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: No CH last nite - could it be over for now?
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 10:55am

Maybe.  But a day without is really too early to tell, IMO.

Not trying to be a downer here, but I'd keep my powder dry.  Try to get him to make the most of this breather, and catch up on a little of the rest he no doubt needs by now.

I know that it seems to go on and on--but eventually it ends.  Try to take it one at a time...easier said than done, I know, but you'll just have to see what happens.  For whatever reason, these things seem to pass in their own time.  Anticipation will only drive the two of you nuts.

That said, I sincerely hope that he's started on the downside of this cycle.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Trooper
CH.com Veteran

I ain't skeert!

x0|mckinney|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 9:43pm

I would not count him out of cycle yet, sounds more like the medicine is finally kicking in. Most of the preventative meds out there take a few weeks before they start working. Either way it is a good thing. Hopefully the cycle is ending but if it is not, at least you have found a good treatment option. Smiley

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:03pm

I hope it is over for you guys, its kinda funny when my cycle ends i get shadows for about 3 weeks, and the meds just seemed drag it on for me and then i tried the RC seeds and 02. I just woke up the next morning and i knew it was gone. Feel better soon. Coach Bill
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:05pm by coach_bill »  

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!