Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache and Sleep Apnes (Read 1954 times)
tsarkar
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cluster Headache and Sleep Apnes
Jun 16th, 2008 at 8:58pm

I suffered through cluster headache for 20 years.  I read that there is a strong correlation between Cluster Headache sufferers and Apnea patients. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I did a sleep study and the study revealed that I have severe sleep apnea.  I am now on CPAP and the cluster headache has completely disappeared (for last two years).  I tried everything (including Immitrex injections) and nothing worked.  PLease please try to check if anyone has sleep apnea before trying out anything else.  You may be very very pleasantly surprised.

IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Re: Cluster Headache and Sleep Apnes
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:09pm

Apnea can negegatively effect many areas of life and should be treated if possible whether it helps with the CH or not.  Like every other treatment, it works for some and not for others.  I am happy to hear you have your headaches under control by using the CPAP. 

There are more articles on Apnea and CH/headache on the OUCH website:

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:16pm

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in 2000 (CH diagnosed in 1991). CPAP therapy has changed my life, but it didn't do anything for my CH. I was hoping it would, but it didn't.

IP Logged

gore2424
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 1:01am

Same here last year seen Dr and had Sleep Apnea real bad stopped breathing 67 times in an hour. Now during day I have noticed more energy I am more awake not as many naps during the week but it had NO affect on my CH Terry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!