Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BEAST IS BACK! (Read 1248 times)
Alvizo
CH.com Newbie

Keep Going.....Pain is
only temporary

Arlington, TX
BEAST IS BACK!
Jun 21st, 2008 at 6:52pm

Well, let me preface by introducing myself. My name is Stephen, I'm 30yrs old, and I have been living with CH's for 15yrs now. I actually didn't figure out what they where till about 5 years ago through the power of the internet and the wonderful world of Google. I, like most people I assume, thought I had horrible sinus headaches and was constantly misdiagnosed and due to the misdiagnosis, mistreated by doctors and that just became a vicious cycle. And nothing is worse that walking in to an ER, telling them you have this horrible headache and you're looking for help and relief and having them look at you like you're a junkie looking for a fix. Cry Not sure if that's happened to any of you but right now I'm just venting and reliving past experiences. Needless to say, I was brought to tears when I found this website and I finally figured out what it was that had been bringing to my knees all these years. Well, after doing my research and back dating I was able to figure out that my cycle came every 5 years and I was even able to almost pinpoint when I had my first one. But that's neither here nor there. What really hit me like a ton of bricks after figuring all this out, my body has decided to change on me. Within the past 3 years, I have had 4 cycles, 2 within the past 2 months.  I know diseases aren't dictated to follow patterns but it justs really brings me down to have thought I had my body all figured out and my body basically came back and said,"boy, you don't know sht!" What were once 45 min attacks have turned anywhere from 10-15 min attacks to literally 3 1/2 hour attacks and let me tell you, those are the ones that have you staring at those kitchen knives wanting to cut away that hypothalamus. Angry And the worst part of it is that unlike a gun short wound or child birth, something comparable in pain I've heard, it's not visible to the naked eye. So there's nothing to sympathize with to the outside world so people think you're nuts. I do my best to educate my family, friends, and employer about the condition. I just try to remind myself they're always someone that has it worse. I have an appointment with the Neurologist on Thursday. I'm on 20mg of Prednisone and 100mg of Topamax a day and for some reason I don't seem to be responding to it like I did in the past. Again, another reason my spirits are down. But, I have an understanding wife, a beautiful son, and hope for the future, I guess that's enough for now.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2008 at 6:59pm by Alvizo »  

Stephen

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Re: BEAST IS BACK!
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 6:58pm

Welcome aboard, and good luck at the neuro on Thursday.

Charlotte

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Re: BEAST IS BACK!
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 9:50pm

welcome to your new home!!!! this is the place to find that understanding ear. we ALL know and share what you are dealing with. Give that wife of yours a BIG HUG, a good supporter is PRICELESS!!!!!  Good luck and God bless,,,Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!