Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drinking Alcoholic Beverages (Read 3317 times)
Giovanni
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Cary|USA|usa|472|185|NC,North_Carolina
Drinking Alcoholic Beverages
Jun 22nd, 2008 at 7:08am

I'm fairly well in high cycle now and drinking is out of the question, but was wondering if any of you chronic people can ever have a drink, i.e. wine, mixed drink, etc. without any consequences?  Undecided

Its been over a year and I've gotten away with maybe a few drinks now and then.  Surely do miss my martini(s)  Tongue

John

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Re: Drinking Alcoholic Beverages
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 7:19am

I'm one of the lucky guys Tongue
Beer and Scotch (my favorite  Roll Eyes ) luckily don't trigger an attack.
So far the only alcohol related trigger I've found is wine.

Oliver
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2008 at 7:19am by gizmo »  

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 7:28am

I don't have any problem with it. But, being the Skipper/Owner of a Red Crab Boat has cut so much into my drinking time over the years, I'm almost a non drinker

Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:05am

Hey Oliver, I want to go drinking with you!!  LOL

Red Wine and Beer are the only triggers for me.  I gave up red wine, but I can get away with having a few beers.  I usually get a shadow about an hour later, but that gets knocked out with a cup of stong coffee or 02.

Never have gotten hit by the beast during or after drinking scotch.

Cheers,
Beth

Edit to add: During high cycle I avoid ALL alcohol.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:07am by N/A »  

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:24am

I too am one of the lucky one's who can drink some beers with no triggers on my CH's during cycle. Cheers!! Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:59am

barry_sword wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:24am:
I too am one of the lucky one's who can drink some beers with no triggers on my CH's during cycle. Cheers!!

I, too, once admitted that publicly. Given the hate-mail I got in return I'll never admit it again.

Cheers and beers,

Anon.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 2:45pm

Quote:
Hey Oliver, I want to go drinking with you!!  LOL

If I ever make it to the US...  Grin

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 2:54pm

AussieBrian wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:59am:
barry_sword wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:24am:
I too am one of the lucky one's who can drink some beers with no triggers on my CH's during cycle. Cheers!!

I, too, once admitted that publicly. Given the hate-mail I got in return I'll never admit it again.

Cheers and beers,

Anon.

it's hard to imagine anybody sending you hate mail brian. i can't drink in cycle but if somebody can i think thats great. Wink

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 4:59pm

I actually had a few beers last week and had a great time.  First time since mid April, when I started my latest cycle.  A couple days later, I had one shot of Cuervo and had some really strong shadows.  I guess that means I can't start my verap taper as of yet...

Before I was properly diagnosed, alcohol was a strong trigger and I did not know what was going on.  There were times I could drink and nothing would happen, and other times a few swigs of beer and it was go time.  Being I did not have a clue to what was going on with what I now know as the beast, looking back, I also now know I was in cycle during those times.  When I got hit back then, I would just get super drunk and the beast would leave me alone, or I was too drunk to notice.  I even noticed that after those druken nights the beast would leave me alone for a few days following, although, I did have those nasty hangovers to deal with.   Smiley

IP Logged

Chappy
CH.com Veteran

__

Tucson, AZ
Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 6:07pm

I don't drink wine because sulfites kill me, but beer and scotch are fine.  Getting drunk will cause strong auras the next day, but otherwise no increased activity.  I'm chronic, and haven't noticed a difference n higher cycle.

This still doesn't make me feel lucky to be chronic, however.

Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."&&Skitt's Law - "Any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself."

IP Logged

Lizzie2
CH.com Sponsor

"L'Chaim"~Hebrew Toast~"To
Life"

Boothwyn, PA
Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 7:16pm

I'm chronic, and I can drink white wine or hard alcohol, but I cannot drink red wine or beer.  When not in high cycle, I have gotten away with a few sips of beer to maybe up to 1 full glass of beer, but never more than that.  Red wine - forget it - for both my CH and migraine, this is a huge problem.  I'm lucky though that I can drink most mixed drinks and white wine with no problems!

I don't drink much anyway, but I am thankful that on the days I do feel like going out for a drink with friends, I can have one without summoning the beast via the direct line!

Hugz,
Carrie Smiley

~~"Don't know much about your life. Don't know much about your world, but Don't wanna be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth."~~
Lizzie2 Lizzie2 Lizzie52004 NeoNurseChic  
IP Logged

Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:46am

In Germany, drinking beer is like drink Coca-Cola in Amerika, but since I became chronish I no longer drink alcohol except an occassional glass of white wine on special days like Christmas and my birthday.
Sandra

IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:37am

I'm chronic and seem to get hit with or with out the beer.  I've tried abstaining from alcohol with no effect on my frequency.   The only problem is the hits that wake me up.  I usually wake up at least once a night with a kip five, abort and go back to sleep.  When I've had a couple of beers, I don't wake up until it reaches about kip 7 and it takes a little longer to abort.  Best of luck.

MPMIII

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:58am

Beer used to be a BIG trigger for me, but the last couple of years doesn't seem to bother me (I don't push it, but occasionally have a couple), but, except for red wine - alcohol doesn't seem to bother me.  If I'm gonna get hit - I'm gonna get hit.  But I'm not a big drinker anyhow - occasional at best.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!