Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My first experience with seeds (Read 5383 times)
j.p.m.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
My first experience with seeds
Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:44am

I’m a 33 y/o male, episodic clusters since the age of 20.  I've had very predictable cluster cycles aprox. 1 every 11 months, each stretching 6 to 10 weeks, 1 to 2 hits a day getting more frequent towards the end of the cycle.  I've had limited success with ibuprofin, triptans, verapimil, and prednisone, and opiates.  The meds would always work at first, but when the cycle peaked, nothing could tame the demon and in fact everything I tried seemed to make it worse.  

Last year after reading this board and some of the other related sites, I decided I would try the clusterbuster aproach for the next cycle.  Two weeks ago I started getting mild shadows, so I ordered HBWR seeds over the Internet (I wanted to wait until the cycle started so I could confirm if it was the seeds).  Last Thursday I got the first acute hit, so knowing it was the real deal I tried 3 seeds that night.  Surprisingly I did notice the effects, but it was very mild... a bit of upset stomach at first, then increased relaxation, a little tingling and slight euphoria, and tiredness the next day.  All in all it was not too bad.  I also noticed some interesting parallels to the CHs themselves such as the fact that my nose ran about 3 hours in, which always happens to me when the bad CHs peak.

The results so far are very positive, some dull pain on and off for two days afterward, but for the last three days no pain whatsoever, and the CH aura I experience constantly during my cycles has been completely gone (common triggers like bright sunlight don’t bother me at all).  I’ll check in with a few more updates as time goes on, but so far, so good!

On a side note, something I’ve never read on these boards but I’ve noticed personally on at least two occasions is that if I take a plane flight more than a few time zones away from my home while I’m in cycle it seems to interrupt the cycle for 1 to 2 weeks (though the plane flights themselves are a trigger).  I’m just curious if anyone else has experienced that.  It wouldn’t be a very cost affective treatment, but I thought it was interesting.  It confirms that the CHs are related to the circadian function (at least in my case).  I just wanted to throw that out.

Thanks to everyone on the board offering support it has been a huge help to me.

-Jay

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Re: My first experience with seeds
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:52am

Hi Jay. Welcome.

I'm glad to see you've had good results so far.  Smiley

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:19pm

Hawiian Baby Woodrose seeds ROCK!
thebb

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 3:43am

wow!!! I gotta admit,,, you guys have REALLY got me leaning towards this! After 20 odd years of this crap, the only thing that ever busted my cycle was time.......  I'll keep studying the subject, the thing is, I havent found ANY negative press on the subject yet!  I was just curious, has anyone ever (or heard of anyone) who has failed a drug test because of this???      Tuck      

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

j.p.m.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 1:03pm

With one week past, still no pain or any sign that I'm in cycle.  

Tuck, I've never heard of anyone coming up positive for a drug test after taking LSA, but I shared your hesitency with trying it as well.  Luckily I don't have the testing concern in my current job. However I noticed in the research I did that LSD is filtered out of your system quickly (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register).  I don't know if you could conclude the same for LSA, but they are similar chemically.    It is a personal decision you have to make on your own but so far I have no regrets.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 2:40pm

At about a kip 5 or 6 the ramifications of a positive drug test become more irrelevant. At a 7 they are non-existent. If nothing else is working and LSA does...... Roll Eyes
Good news JPM. Glad its working. Going to do a follow up dose? Or let it ride?
thebb

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 3:08pm

My understanding is that most companies don't even test for these substances, since that test is so expensive.

Also, it should be out of your system pretty quickly.

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

j.p.m.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 4:12pm

I think I will sit tight until the beast stirs.  Maybe one dose is all I need to totally abort the cycle.  Smiley

IP Logged

andrewjb
CH.com Hall of Famer

when the love of power
becomes the power of
love !

x1|london|England|europe|185|238|
Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 4:26pm

j.p.m. wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 4:12pm:
I think I will sit tight until the beast stirs.  Smiley

Smiley, this is how i use RC seeds, then crack them in my teeth,[ spitting out the empty husks ], and rest them between the gum and cheek. seems to cause a need to breath deeply about six hours later. other than that life can carry on. andrew.

IP Logged

FastEddie
CH.com Newbie

It's just another day
in paradise

x1|Maumelle|USA|usa|327|215|AR,Arkansas
Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 1:06am

I took my 1st "dose" at 2PM today and felt nothing, not even a twinge. But guess what; after fighting the beast almost hourly for the past three weeks it has been 10 hours AND NO HEADACHES!!!!
I am hitting the shower and crawling into my own bed for the 1st time in three weeks, and I pray that when morning comes I can wake up after the 1st nights sleep in that time.
GOD BLESS CLUSTERBUSTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:04am

FastEddie wrote on Jun 28th, 2008 at 1:06am:
I am hitting the shower and crawling into my own bed for the 1st time in three weeks, !!!!!!!!

I hope your wife recognises you  Wink

A report on sleep is appreciated. All other activity need not be officially reported for the records.

Rock on J.P.M.
Hope the HBWR seeds continue to give you relief  Smiley Thanks for the reports.

Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

FastEddie
CH.com Newbie

It's just another day
in paradise

x1|Maumelle|USA|usa|327|215|AR,Arkansas
Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 11:06am

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING.  What a great nights sleep.
Two observations:
1) If you force yourself to use oxygen and not hit the Imitrex after a couple of bad hits they get a lot milder and further apart.
1) I'ts working for me so far!!!
I'M A BELIVER. 
Now I'm taking my two grandsons fishing.

IP Logged

j.p.m.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 11:59am

I did a second dose this past Saturday after I started feeling the aura again, but still no hits for 8 days.  

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 1:17pm

I am SO HAPPY to read y'alls results!!!  Eddie, thats how it was for me too......... no side effects (other than major stiffness) and then nothing- no hits.  Once I DID start feeling anything, I hit the o2 immediately and it was gone w/in 10 mins.

What a great feeling to get one's life back. Smiley

and to address the drug test issue in my situation:  I told my boss exactly what I was going to do, what it was, and what I hoped to gain. He was and is very supportive (I guess because a pf Jen at work beats a gettin-her-ass-whuuped Jen at home!)

Wishing you many many pfdanS!!!!!!!!
Jen

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 3:01pm

Quote:
Now I'm taking my two grandsons fishing.

and that is a wonderful thing.
thebb Wink

IP Logged

Denise
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #15 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:59pm

My wife as I type this is fighting this debilitating condition. She has suffered from CH for 30 years and recently started a cycle from hell. fortunately I am off work on vacation and able to care for her. We have decided to try the RC seeds and they should arrive soon. Is there any sources for the BHWR other than online. I wish I could get something local to try why the beast is strong. Good luck to you all and hope for pain free days ahead! Bryan  I will keep you posted on results!

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #16 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 8:39am

I'm always glad to read that fellow clusterheads are enjoying PF time and enjoying life! Fantastic! Smiley

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #17 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 11:44am

Really glad to hear your success stories, folks!

I'm episodic, with cycles every 18 to 24 months, each cycle lasting from 8 to 16 weeks.  I use rc seeds with great results as both a preventative and an abortive, along with O2 as needed when in cycle.  I dose once a month while out of cycle with 12 seeds.  If a cycle shows signs of visiting me again, it will take 35 seeds, wait five days and take another 35 seeds, and use O2 to abort the very few, low level hits that I do get.  After those 5 days, my cycle is gone.  It's amazing!

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 12:14pm

Ethnobotanicals.com
IamShaman.com
clusterbusters.com read the LSA faq's then dose.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2008 at 12:15pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!