Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Documentary called ''Clusterheads''. (Read 1860 times)
maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Documentary called ''Clusterheads''.
Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:21am

On Youtube I saw an excerpt from a documentary called ''Clusterheads'', which seemed pretty interesting to me. I was wondering if there is any place on the web I could see it in in it's entirety, as my own searching didn't come up with much results.
Has it been aired on TV or did it tour the festival circuit in the US? I am very curious about any info anyone could provide.

Thanx in advance!

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: Documentary called ''Clusterheads''.
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:48pm

The clip that I think you are referring to, was taken by Justin Ott, at our Nashville convention.  Justin is a fellow sufferer, AND a movie producer, and cameraman.  He is doing this, mostly with his own money, so it is taking time for him to get the whole thing completed.

He has some amazing film, already captured, but he still has a lot of work left to do on it.  He WILL finish it, I am sure.  But, till then, we have to wait.

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

cluster
CH.com Old Timer

WaterX3 - It helps!

Cologne(Europe)
Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 9:46am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Cluster Headache News: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - German CH Site
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 11:33am

Thanx for the links.

I saw the vids and really feel for Terry Gordon, as he describes basically a permanent headache for years. Wish I could tell him how sorry I am how he missed his kid's moments, that must be hard on someone.

Also the guy called Chuck (that wouldn't be you now, would it ClusterChuck?) who has to suffer his hits without Imitrex due to his heart condition... he's a bigger man than I am for having himself taped during CH. Personally, I shy away from everyone for I hate to be so vulnerable in the presence of others.
Only my parents witnessed my hits when I was still living at home, and my gf Sonja is allowed to see them.

I think this Justin guy is doing something amazing for our community, and hope loads of people get to see it.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 3:07am

maalstroom wrote on Jul 6th, 2008 at 11:33am:
Also the guy called Chuck (that wouldn't be you now, would it ClusterChuck?)

GUILTY, as charged!  LOL!

The interesting thing about that clip, and my time there in Nashville, and at every other convention since then, is that I allow people to see me, be near me, and even touch me, while I am getting hit.  Something about being around those that actually know what you are dealing with, changes your feelings about your hits. 

When I am out in the "real world", among "civilians", I hide away, and don't let anyone see me, while fighting the beast.  And woe be to anyone that comes NEAR me, or heaven forbid, are stupid enough to touch me, while I am getting hit!  I am NOT a very nice person at that point (contrary to my normal sweet lovable self that I am at ANY other time  Wink Grin ).

I have never allowed so many people to see me get hit, as I have at various conventions or local meet-n-greets.  MANY fellow clusterheads have told me that I was the first one that they had ever seen get hit.  It has had a profound effect on most clusterhead's life, to see that.  (SEE??  I AM NOT totally worthless!)

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 4:10pm

Lmao, I dig your sense of humour!
But I must applaude you, very brave at any rate. So, from me to you: three thumbs up (don't ask, I grew up near a chemical plant).
I've never met a fellow clusterhead so seeing this footage is very.....what's the word (remember, I'm not a native English speaker)? Sorry can't think of it.
But anyway, scenes like these show ya that you are not the only one who acts in a similar manner. Believe you me, CH is a very lonely affliction if you do not know any others. One day I will visit the US and attend a convention of you guys! Guess I'm part of Clusterville as well, and lovin' it for the people, hatin' it for the Beast.

Regards from the Netherlands!

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 4:12pm

O and by the way, when he finishes it I hope he'll sell it also on DVD......I'd order it.
Great and important work indeed!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!