Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dosing (Read 3143 times)
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus

Stuck in the middle with
you!

x1|Edwardsville|USA|usa|351|159|IL,Illinois
Dosing
Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:24am

Well, I was so hoping that it would work for me...I stopped taking my Inderal..a long time ago and I recently weened myself off of the Verapamil just so I could dose with RC seeds.  Well, I've dosed 3 times in the past week and a half and it is, sadly, not working for me at all.

And my Imitrex supply is running out fast (and no, I had not given myself Imitrex at all when I dosed).  And furthermore, I still have not found a good neuro in my area!  Ugh...sorry for the small rant, I was just so disappointed that the dosing didn't work and that I now have to find a neuro (FAST) who will hopefully prescribe me tons of Imitrex.

Thanks for reading!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
kimmiedawn8199 kimmiedawn21  
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Re: Dosing
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 11:32am

Sad

Kimmie, can you give us more details? ie: how many, how often, non-ch meds, etc?

Maybe we can offer some helpful advice. Sorry they don't seem to be working, but don't give up hope. Sometimes it takes a while.

hugs, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus

Stuck in the middle with
you!

x1|Edwardsville|USA|usa|351|159|IL,Illinois
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:19pm

As of right now, I'm on no ch-meds...I was getting tired of taking meds!  The three times that I dosed, I used between 12-17 seeds.  I dosed once, then a week later, then the very next day.  As of right now, my biggest concern is Imitrex!  If the seeds aren't gonna work, I'll need a lot!!!

P.S.  The ch-meds weren't helping at all before, so I just decided that I didn't need them any more.  I didn't stop taking them solely because I was tired of taking them....just wanted to clear that up...lol.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:21pm by kimmiedawn81 »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
kimmiedawn8199 kimmiedawn21  
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:55pm

Kimmie,
I’m sorry to hear that you’re not getting the relief that you were hoping for.  Even at a dose of 30 seeds,  I wasn’t able to get some of the stellar results that others have reported.  Folks should keep in mind that with natural unprocessed substances like RC seeds, there can be all sorts of variables that you don’t encounter with prescriptions, especially concerning the content of the active ingredients.  Results can be pretty unpredictable.  You may decide to stick with it, increase your dosage, and see what happens.  Or maybe you’re ready to  stop for now.  At any rate, the report of your results, though disappointing, are just as valuable to those who are considering trying this treatment, as the positive testimonials.  It’s just a reminder that not everything works for everyone every time.  Please let us know how things progress.

Pat
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2008 at 3:27pm by pattik »  

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 1:54pm

You have some room to increase your dosage, kimmie.
And Patti's right, there is no (easy) way to really know how potent any batch of seeds is.

Check your PMs, and feel free to call me if you'd like to talk some more.

hugs, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

St. Maarten/Neth. Antilles
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 6:14pm

I had pretty good luck at 25-30. Also had great luck using them to abort. Try preparing 3-4 doses ahead of time, soak as you would normally at room temp in a couple oz's of water then freeze. nuking it for a couple seconds will thaw it out.
I did this a couple days in a row at one point. knocked out the hit before it developed and nothing for the rest of the day.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 9:11pm

i crunch them up real fine with pliers then i put them under my tounge and let it disolve, taste crappy but it works for me. coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #7 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 6:55am

Kimmie,

venting is always allowed! Smiley

I hope that you'll find a good neuro and a treatment, which works for you. Smiley

Wishing you PF days,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!