Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mushrooms in the news (Read 3046 times)
icedragon
Ex Member

Mushrooms in the news
Jul 1st, 2008 at 11:43am

I found this article in the news today.  It is not a study about CH, but could be more fuel for the fire...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Mushrooms in the news
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 12:20pm

Cheesy Naitive north and south Americans have used them for centuries.
Wink White man is just catching up.
thebb

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:59am

I don't really care to share this, but only to people who get CH.

I have tried mushrooms two consecutive weekends about 5 summers ago and I went 3 to 4 days PF after each trip.  It made my cycle somewhat easier and at the time of the affect, and fun LOL!  I haven't done it since, but will say it's tempting.  It's not something I want to get caught with. 

I will admit, this is the only thing you can buy on the street that is illegal that worked for me.  I don't encourage it though.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:51am

Quote:
I don't encourage it though.

It is a matter of personal choice.
I dont do it to get all giggly, nor do I enjoy it in any fashion. I do it to avoid the most severe pain around. I do not dose to see colors or get any type of high. I do it because it works for CH. You see I have to, not want to.
And I encourage its use for the medicinal value against CH.
Clusterbusters.com
thebb

IP Logged

StressFree
CH.com Veteran

James4:8 I'm a moral failure,
but there is hope...

Ridgecrest, California
Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:02pm

Interesting article. I wonder if some of the OUCH volunteers could talk to these guys about funding a Cluster Headache study?

"Dr. Charles Grob, a professor of psychiatry and pediatrics at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, called the new work an important follow-up to the first study.

He said it is helping to reopen formal study of psychedelic drugs. Grob is on the board of the Heffter Research Institute, which promotes studies of psychedelic substances and helped pay for the new work."

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:36pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
These guys promote the study of hallucinogens as well.
thebb

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:58pm

Quote:
Quote:
I don't encourage it though.

It is a matter of personal choice.
I dont do it to get all giggly, nor do I enjoy it in any fashion. I do it to avoid the most severe pain around. I do not dose to see colors or get any type of high. I do it because it works for CH. You see I have to, not want to.
And I encourage its use for the medicinal value against CH.
Clusterbusters.com
thebb
I can agree with that.  I was afraid of what others would think when I said that I tried them in the past, however that shouldn't matter for my personal remedy.  I did them for recreational fun in college, but after research and reading online, I used them in more of a preventative matter like yourself.  I'm glad they worked for you.  I would do anything to kill the pain or even reduce it. 

I'm glad to hear others have had success with Psilocybin.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

andrewjb
CH.com Hall of Famer

when the love of power
becomes the power of
love !

x1|london|England|europe|185|238|
Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 3:00pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register           This is another intresting article. PF wishes to all.  andrew.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:07pm

Shrooms rock, and I dont mind saying it.  They sure have a profound effect on CH. Shocked
thebb

IP Logged

Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 8:55am

Quote:
Shrooms rock, and I dont mind saying it.  They sure have a profound effect on CH. Shocked
thebb

I have to agree, thay have changed my life from a 20 year Episodic veteran to totally PF.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!