Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Generic IMITREX Injections available soon! (Read 1312 times)
bradboy
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Hollywood|USA|usa|0|0|FL,Florida
Generic IMITREX Injections available soon!
Jul 3rd, 2008 at 11:41pm

Haven't been on here for awhile but wanted to let everyone know I just found out that Imitrex Injections will be available as a generic between August 6 and November 6 of this year! I did some research online and asked the question on Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and this is what i got -

From Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register on 3July2008:

On October 2004, we filed with the FDA an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) with a paragraph IV certification, for sumatriptan succinate injection 6mg/0.5mL, seeking approval to engage in the commercial manufacture, sale, and use of the sumatriptan succinate injection product in the United States. Sumatriptan succinate is marketed by GlaxoSmithKline under the brand name Imitrex®.

On February 18, 2005, GlaxoSmithKline filed a lawsuit against Spectrum Pharmaceuticals in the United States District Court in the District of Delaware, alleging infringement of the Imitrex® patent.

In November 2006, Spectrum and GSK reached an agreement to settle the patent litigation relating to sumatriptan injection.

The terms of the confidential agreement provide that Spectrum may exclusively distribute authorized generic versions of certain sumatriptan injection products in the United States with an expected launch during GSK's sumatriptan pediatric exclusivity period which begins on August 6, 2008, but with the launch occurring not later than November 6, 2008.

Spectrum will launch sumatriptan injection through its partner for the sale and distribution of the drug, Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.

GREAT NEWS FOR THOSE OF US THAT RELY ON THIS EXPENSIVE MEDICATION!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Re: Generic IMITREX Injections available soon!
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 5:47pm

Beware of the rebounds!  Wink

Zomig is a much better triptan for me!  Smiley

IP Logged

bradboy
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Hollywood|USA|usa|0|0|FL,Florida
Re: Generic IMITREX Injections available soon!
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 5:04pm

do you use the nasal spray? I heard these weren't as effective. I like the injections because within 10 minutes I can get back to what I was doing. I am a waiter and an injection has saved me several times.

I am pretty stable as long as I take my 480mg of verapamil each day. It is when I run out or forget for 2-3 days I get the headaches again. Although there are times I still get them regardless, I find verapamil keeps them away for the most part. (knocking on wood)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!