Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
To the newbies (Read 86374 times)
Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
To the newbies
Jul 4th, 2008 at 1:44am

Welcome to our home. Your new home

Im writing this to you to give you some encouragement.

I started my "official" journey with ch in Oct 1985 and for the first few years it was an unpredictable hell..........9 years of misdiagnosis, many years of fearing the night, afraid to sleep, afraid of the hammer bashing into my skull shortly after I went to bed and waking screaming, "WTF??"  and wondering what I had done to deserve the beating I was getting.

The night hits stopped for me, for whatever blessed reason, 11 years ago, and my ch settled into an annual routine of October thru January's end.

What I have learned is that, once you think you have your ch figured out, it morphs (thanks for the explanation Guiseppi). So now I face ch in July instead of October. I think I have about  3  weeks before the beast attacks with full force.

What I want you to KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, is that after all these years, I no longer fear it. I used to sob into my pillow and wonder, 'why?" and beg God to give me a reason I had to face this hell.

Thru ch.com, I have learned in so many ways how to not only deal with ch, but to FIGHT BACK,  How I can prepare myself for what is coming, with information, with meds, alternatives, o2, and whachagotonhand weapons such as caffeine, ice, Red Bull, all the things you'll read about on here. Trust me, my sweet new friends, they work. You just need to find what works for you. You will find it.

Don't give up to dispair. Dont fear. Strengthen yourselves with information and the knowledge of those who have fought this fight for many years. We CAN and WILL beat this bitch.

I see so many new faces and I am so glad you are here, that you have researched your ch and found us, and in that you have found many who truly understand what you are now dealing with: the uncertainty, the realization that you are not alone,  the many questions, the feeling that once your ch is gone, then you will just "disappear and forget you have this" till the next time the beast comes calling. Those of you who will leave,  you will come back again and want/need us to comfort and be here for you. We will be. To those who leave, Godspeed and pf time to you.

To those who stay, grow strong, learn, and know that life will never be the same. Here you are understood, here you are famly and will never have to explain again. Life may never be the same as before ch, but by God, YOU will never be the same: YOU WILL BE STRONGER. . And that is the blessing I wish for you.

PFDAN to you, our newest family members. Welcome, be comforted, feel safe again, BE empowered and know that you CAN live your life again..

With all that I have,
Jen

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: To the newbies
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 2:17am

Great post, Jen.   Smiley

Just another voice to let those of you new to CH, or new to CH.com know that we're here for you--and we'll do all that we can to make your journey less difficult, even if it's simply a listening ear from someone who truly does understand what you are dealing with.  You're no longer alone. 

You CAN get through this.  Clusterheads are the toughest people in the world.  You'll see. 

All the best to all of you,

George 

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

lisa1973
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Portsmouth, UK
Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 12:54am

Thank you!

IP Logged

ninja mom
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:00am

Great post Jen!  I prefer the term cluster warriors ,myself. Cool

PFDAN y'all
and welcome home new folks!

kathy

Words count, chose carefully.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 11:04am

ninja mom wrote on Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:00am:
 I prefer the term cluster warriors ,myself. Cool

I think that would make a great T-shirt!!

Great post Jenn!!  Welcome newbies!!  Read all the info, ask questions, and make yourself at home.   Smiley

Beth

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 8:28pm

Quote:
ninja mom wrote on Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:00am:
I prefer the term cluster warriors ,myself. Cool

I think that would make a great T-shirt!!

Great post Jenn!!  Welcome newbies!!  Read all the info, ask questions, and make yourself at home.   Smiley

Beth

Welcome home! We are here to help you, so let us know what you need!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:10pm

Hey there. This post is more towards the teens who suffer/support on the site. I'm Felicia and my dad has been suffering since I was about 7. I'm now 16. It's been a long hard road for both of us and it's one we're still on. Anyways, I just want to tell the teens that if they want some one to talk to their own age (which is some times easier) then I'm your girl. I'm here if you want to cry, rant, bitch, or just talk. Feel free to PM me any time. I don't know much about the meds but if you listen to the people here I'm sure you can find what you're looking for. I've said many times before and I will say it undoubtedly again: Hang tough, smile at death, fight hell, and refuse to go down anything other than hitting hard and still swingin'. Much love and vibes to you all.

Broken(aka Felicia)

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
Felicia They.Call.Me.Alice little_black_flame@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 12:02pm

Great post, Jen! Thank you. Smiley

PF days to all,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #8 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:36pm

This thread needs a bump.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #9 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:52pm

gizmo wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:36pm:

This thread needs a sticky  Cool

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:56pm

Yup, that would be the ultimate solution.

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #11 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:58pm

gizmo wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:36pm:

What's a bump?

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #12 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:59pm

Replying to a thread to get it back to the top.

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 4:07pm

Great post Jen!

Many newly diagnosed folks will be reading this and feeling a great amount of hope and joy that someone else is going through the same thing and that there is hope that the silver bullet/coping mechanisms can be found so that life can go on.

Welcome to all newbies.

Em
x

Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 4:07pm

O okay, didn't know that.
Thanx for explaining.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 6:08pm

Smiley NICE!!!!

IP Logged

chris27
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:26pm

i am not only new to this site . i have never written on=line ever. i use the internet to read and learn. so you have to excuse me if i don't understand how to use this or if i don't understand abbreviations.since my wife found this site about a week ago i have read through it and most of it's links and feel compelled to write and become part of your family( you have already read my mind or have been in the room with me all these years). i am so excited to have found that i am not alone anymore. i have had CH for 27 years and have tried just about every treatment i have read here (ergotamines,indocin,imitrex,painkillers,ice packs,and much more)usually with not very satisfactory results.i just ordered oxygen and pray that it will provide some relief. i know from all my years of experience that nothing will  completely cure or fix this curse as it continually evolves and what slightly works one cycle/episode does not always help the next. what is very exciting is that i now have a place to come to where i am understood( doctors are just practising).i have not found a doctor in all these years that i would recommend.i have tried prescription drugs and have suffered their side effects i now try and control my CH with food supplements and proper eating habits. it has been through trial and error that i have learned many of the insights that are contained on this and other sites, but i did not have the benifit of the web.what i want to say is that if i can help any of you through my experiences please let me.if i can help raise awareness or help raise monies please contact me. i do have many contacts and have raised money for many charities and organisations over the years. it certanly would be pleasing to help with something that i am so familiar with and i know would provide relief for so many. it's amazing that i did not realize all these years that i am not alone. thank you. my name is christopher wallace and my e-mail is achille062@aol.com

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:34pm

Chris
Welcome brother. 29 years of clusterwars here.  Tongue Stick around and dont be afraid to jump in. Wink
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

davi_doyle
CH.com Newbie

Oh Jaysus, not again

Wicklow, Ireland
Reply #18 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 11:08am

Hey there, I'm absolutely delighted to find this site. I don't really want to go over everything that's been said already but it's fantastic to have others to chat to that have the same shite going on in their poor wee heads. I'm fairly lucky to have found you all so soon after being hit by CH. I've only had them for about a year. My boyfriend tries his best to get out of my way when it gets bad but sometimes I want him to stay with me. Not typical I understand, but ya know....just sometimes. I've also had the list of rubbish, stop drinking coffee, stop smoking, just lie down and have a sleep, why don't you stop walking around the garden at 3 in the morning, if you wrap up warm it'll help etc.

My doc is wonderful, she understood what I was trying to tell her straight off. I was sent for a CAT scan to rule out a tumor etc but she was the one who said CH. I never even heard of them before. So far it's been cronic, I'm hoping for episodic, that way I might even be able to go back to work. I had to leave the job I loved because of my stupid head. I was a bar tender, and a damn good one. Low paid but it was a great laugh!! My boss was great too, he said that the job was there for me when I wanted it, but since then I haven't even been able to go out for the night without wanting to kill the entire drinking population I can't see that happening too soon Cry

Anyway, that's all for now. Again, great to find you lot. Chin up lads!!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #19 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 12:04pm

davi_doyle wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 11:08am:
Again, great to find you lot. Chin up lads!!

Atta girl, Davi. Come in swinging, take no prisoners, full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes. Only way to beat this monster is take it head on and smile sweetly while kicking it to death.

It's all in your head, you know.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

davi_doyle
CH.com Newbie

Oh Jaysus, not again

Wicklow, Ireland
Reply #20 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 12:07pm

Yeah, cheers mate! Thanks for the great welcome! Smiley

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #21 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 4:06pm

please let me extend a welcome to you also.  Sounds like you have a great attitude and THAT is at least 50% of the battle.

Don't hesitate to go to one or more of the boards here and ask questions.  Since you are new to CH..you just may have one or two.. Wink  This is a great family that you are now a part of.!

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Kristen C.
CH.com Newbie

Michigan
Reply #22 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 4:57pm

I am so new to all of this.  My husband has just been diagnosed after 5 1/2 weeks of mind numbing pain.  I am coming to grips with this as much as he is being his caretaker and all.  It is so hard to watch a healthy man go from being happy and full of fire to crying and begging to me to help him end the pain in his head.  I am so glad to see there is a support website for me (us) and yes, you were right - this IS my new home...

It's never too late to have a happy childhood..

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #23 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 6:02pm

Hi Helpless.  I wish we could have a first name to address you by,  as "helpless" denotes that there is absolutely nothing you can do and that is not correct.

Start a new thread under the 'supporters section below and tell us something about your husband and yourself.  What treatments his Dr. gave you to try, etc.  Did he precribe oxygen?  THAT is our number one aborticve around here for most of us.

The reason I say start a new thread is because your post may get lost right here and not enough folks will see it.

Welcome to the family.  We will try to help you as much as we can.  As a supporter you are not alone anymore..and neither is your husband.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #24 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 6:11pm

Hi helpless.  Welcome to the family.  We're glad you found us, but sorry that you had too.  I am a proud supporter too.  I've had that helpless feeling many times.  It's not easy to watch the one you love suffer so.   

Ditto what Linda said.  Get on supporters corner.  More people will see your post and we can get to know you and your hubby better.  Also, get him on the boards too.  It took me a while to get my husband on the boards and he is so happy that he is.

Your not in the fight alone.  There are many CH sufferers and supporters here.  We will all try to help you as much as possible.

Hugs,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!