Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone with digestive issues, weight loss? (Read 878 times)
eichlerian
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

San Francisco Bay Area
Anyone with digestive issues, weight loss?
Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:42pm

Hi everyone-

Hope you all had pain-free 4th of July celebrations!

I was curious if anyone has digestive disturbances of any sort during cluster cycles? I lose weight if I have appetite loss or not -- I think it's due to feeling so hyperactive and having so much muscle tension. I also have the 'bad tuna sandwich' stomach even during shadow periods. The weight loss got so bad for a while my doc did an endoscopy because he though I may have celiac disease because I was pounding high-caloric food but losing weight like crazy.

My husband is now really concerned because it's starting again: I'm 6' tall and it's going down, down down. I'm now wearing size 28 jeans from the junior dept. And my gym membership has been collecting dust since the cluster cycle started a couple months ago. Why go to the gym when you can just pace back and forth wringing your hands?

It scares the dickens out of me because I'm eating A LOT right now. But I feel sick a good deal of the time. Where the hell is it all the food going??? This only happens when I'm in a cycle, otherwise, I'm within the normal BMI for my height.

This confused the docs for a long time, made them all think I had migraines forever. Just curious if anyone else has this or if I'm just some sort of cluster freak.

Any ideas, suggestions? Frustrated beyond all belief.

Also, I've started Topamax which isn't helping the weight gain. Please, I could use some advice!

Marie
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2008 at 7:35pm by eichlerian »  

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Anyone with digestive issues, weight loss?
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 7:56am

I lose weight too when in cycle. But to me it was more a case of getting frightened of food, suspecting all to be a trigger. I've had some wonderful advice here on this topic (see thread: Any tips on food?), so that I started eating better again... you'll get hit anyway.
And working out is not an option for me too while in cycle, so I'm glad that has come back to normal.
It's a good thing you keep eating, otherwise your body would get weaker and weaker.
Wishing you'll be painfree soon!

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

eichlerian
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Anyone with digestive issues, weight loss?
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 1:45pm

Thanks for the response. I'm thinking you're right. There's really no direct correlation, just our bodies' stress response. Like it just rejects food. Maybe they'll figure out why someday. I'm sure there has to be some biological reason for it, like how pregnant women abhor food in the first trimester. Perhaps there's some healing response we don't know about.

Sometimes you just gotta hold your nose and shovel it in! Or eat cookies, whatever it takes!

Marie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!