Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New here. (Read 1622 times)
Altma
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New here.
Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:14am

Just found out about these cluster headaches the other day, and I've had these spells of headaches for a few years now. I'm 28. Didn't really pay much attention to them, and pretty much was told oh.. they're just migraines. But recently, I have really been focusing on what happens to me when I start getting these headaches. I can feel them coming on, almost immediately start sweating when it comes on, 5 mins tops and it's full blown. Sometimes last 15 mins, sometimes 3 hours. And every single day at 2:30pm, boom headache.. without question.  Some days that is the only one I'd get, some days 6:30, then around 9 or so at night. I was visiting my mother the other day at the hospital, and one came on. I was down on my knees praying the pain would release... and to much of my dismay 4 hours of excruciating pain later.. it finally did. I haven't been diagnosed with CH yet, but from the reading I've done, the symptoms are there. Always on my right side, right behind the eye like a hot poker jammed in there and just burning the inside of my head. Runny nose, droopy red eye.  Well I have a Dr. appt. this morning, gonna run it by him and see what his opinion is on it. I've taken Maxalt in the past for migraines, but I've noticed that pills don't do anything for me when I have these headaches.. doesn't matter if I take them or not.. sometimes I take them in hopes it does help. I just hope that it is CH, I know it sounds weird to hope that, but at least I can get some treatment for them, and get through some days a bit better, might help just to know what it is rather than not knowing that something is wrong with me. Well .. today I only had 2 hits from whatever it is I have.. hoping to have a better day today. I have some more reading to do before going to the Dr.

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Re: New here.
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 12:49pm

Welcome, Altma! I'm sorry you NEED Clusterville, but so glad you found us!
I'm happy to hear you have a Drs appt, and you are taking literature. Often times, CH'rs have more knowledge of the affliction than their Drs!
You will find Clusterville a great resource for you. Lots of people who have lots of knowledge, after years of dealing. Now their knowledge is available to you, as well.
This place is open 24/7, so feel free to drop in anytime, day or night, for support, help or just plain companionship.
PLEASE let us know how your appt goes, and ask any questions. We'll leave the light on!
Big Hugs for you, Altma!
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 1:31pm

here is some light reading for ya.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Check out the links on the Cal-Ouch.org, visitors thread.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I hate it for ya. I noticed you get hit right after lunch. Dont relax after eating. Try to keep the blood flowing and stay active. Get some caffeine in you at the onset of a HA. Energy drinks work wonders as well.
all the best Smiley
thebb

IP Logged

Altma
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 1:51pm

Thanks for the great welcome.. yeah.. I actually just got hit a little after my appt. My Dr. said he's seen cases of CH's, so he's got little reason to believe it's anything but CH. So he's going to start treating is as that. I've found a lot information since I signed up here. Got myself a 8 pack of monster chillin in the fridge gonna try that later... I only assume my regular hit will be just around the corner.. *sigh*... at any rate. I'll be around, and at least hopefully I'll start getting some relief.. *SOME*...

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 2:20pm

Hi Altma,

Welcome to Clusterville!   Sorry you have to be here.  I hope the beast leaves you soon. 

Take care,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

homers
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 2:35pm

hi to all you suffering from this bane in our lives called cluster headaches.
my name is richard and i've been suffering from these painful things for a good 25 years and until recently i found out what they are.
i suppose reading some other suffers stories that i slightly more lucky, in that i only get them once a year and  lasts for a month, but thats no comfort to my partner as she feels useless when i have my attacks.
i had a real bad attack at a friends wedding, which i feel even worse because i felt that i spoilt their day, and what makes it worse is that because i normally get these hideous things through the night my daughter has never seen me curled up in a dark room hitting the floor in pain, until saturday when she ran out the room  crying as she thought i was dying. one day we all have a release from our suffering and get a good night sleep until then my thoughts or with every single sufferer and their familys. well i have another three weeks to go until they stop, sounds like i'm wishing my life away but thats the way it is. good luck to you all

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 3:26pm

Welcome, both of you.

As the saying here goes: sorry you found us, glad you're in pain.
No, just kidding.
This is the one:
glad ya found us, sorry you're in pain.

Anyway, both, you'll find here a small village of eccentrics who'll be happy to share their knowledge and lend an ear when needed.

Feel at home soon you guys!

Painfree vibes from the Netherlands.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!