Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cant find proper prep,and doasge for HBWR Seeds (Read 4111 times)
Jeff_M
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cant find proper prep,and doasge for HBWR Seeds
Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:53am

Ive ordered my seeds,and Ive been to clusterbuster.com,but I cant for the life of me find the proper way to prep and dose with HBWR Seeds....Can ANYONE help me out without pointing me to another link PLEASE...Please?

IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus

I love C12 H16 N2O!

West London, UK, Europe
Re: Cant find proper prep,and doasge for HBWR Seeds
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 11:21am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

7.1 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds

All the best

-Lee

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 1:00pm

Smiley I hate to say it but, follow the link Lee put up.  Cheesy Cheesy>Sad Not another link. Wink
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Jeff_M
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:10pm

Thank You both so much ! I couldnt for the life of me,find any info on dosage or prep. I guess Im losing my patience for anything. The only problem I see with the seeds is detoxing for 4-5 days. Damn if i cant have my Imitrex,Im goin g to just go over the edge.

So my question is...How important is the detoxing before dosing with seeds? My CH's are a K9-10 right now. Im getting hit no less then 6-9 times a day. Im using 1/3rd of a dose of injectable imitrex,and I tried a Red Bull with it for the 1st time and Im not saying it worked,but I was up and walking in 6 minutes. THAT has never happened before on just 1/3rd of a dose.

It should be noted that Im also on 250mg of Depakote per day. I just started taking that yesterday. It doesnt seem to be helping...Yet. Like I said,no patience for anything I guess. No ...O2 does NOT work,never did. We tried that years ago.

So...Anyways,is it a must that I detox before taking the seeds? They should arrive tommorrow and Im desperate. Thank You again for all your help.
Jeff M
South Milwaukee Wi.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:46pm

Jeff_M wrote on Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:10pm:
So my question is...How important is the detoxing before dosing with seeds?

Very. Triptans, and some other common CH meds, can interfere with the effectiveness of CB treatments.

Do you have oxygen? Oxygen, with or without energy drinks, are the best abortives to use while busting.

The Depakote won't help in a day or two, so you should decide whether you want to get off right away, or give it a decent chance. (It will also likely interfere with busting, so if you plan to stop, do it right away...so you don't have to worry about tapering off)

Some people decide to go ahead and take their first dose before detoxing completely, and that may work to keep attacks to a minimum. You will likely have to dose again at 5 days, but you may have to do that regardless.

Some people also find that once they stop using Imitrex, the attacks are fewer and further between.

One more thing... sometimes the energy drinks work on their own.

All the best with it, and keep us posted,
nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 8:37pm

Quote:
No ...O2 does NOT work,never did. We tried that years ago.

One thing to keep in mind is that over the last few years...the method of O2 use and effectiveness has been well trialed, and there is a right way nd a wrong way to use it.

You MUST I repeat MUST have at least 15 lpm or more with a Non Rebreather Mask. 

It is vital to the sucess of any indol ring treatment that you be detoxed from any med that can block it's effectiveness. 

I understand your fear to be without trex.  When I detoxed i went through a world of hell.  I had sick time coming and I planned it out to have a long holiday weekend in my favor, then took my sick time and another long weekend with some of my vacation time to detox and get a few well timed doses under my belt.

I am technically chronic.  I have been virtually PF for just over 2 years using the CB treatment.  It took work and dedication, but it an be done.  I went 18 years before I was correctly Dx, so going 5 days without meds was a no brainer.  I'd survived that long...I can do it again.  All a matter of perspective. 

It helps to keep the eye on the prize, rather than give in to each hit.  Keep the mantra going.  This will not kill me.  This will not kill me.

We can accomplish so much with the right frame of mind.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 9:13pm

what redd and nani said. you need to detox to the best of your abilty. and please reconsider your stance on oxygen, i can bust a CH in less than 5 minutes with oxygen. NO JOKE!!! It is without a doubt my 1st line of defence to abort a CH and thanks to 02 i will never suffer those long headaches again (knock wood, hurry up someone get me some wood). Then when the seeds are ready  Grin its beast a$$ kickin time. Good luck. Coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

alleyoop
CH.com Hall of Famer

Am I self-centered or
is it just me?

Hiawassee, GA USA
Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 9:39pm

Many whom O2 hadn't worked for previously, find that after detox and busting that it suddenly starts working for them. That was the case with me. Whether this comes from using the alternatives or detoxing from the conventional meds, is up for debate.

I had given up on using oxygen years ago, but after trying busting several years ago for the first time, I now use oxygen as my first line of defense to abort any hits. It takes care of 95% of them in under 5 minutes.

alley

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
alleyoop_49  
IP Logged

kika
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 4:23am

hi

i just wanted to comment on the o2 thing. a fews years ago when i worrked in the emerg, i would crank the O2 up to 15 litres/min and suck it back like there was no tomorrow with NADA results.
i tried it again last week, with no real optimism, and cannot believe how quickly it works to abort the beast.
might be worth giving another try.

good luck!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 12:11pm

I just wanted to add that I detoxed with caffeine and 02. I failed and had to use the trex. So I started over. Detoxed properly and things began to work. It is tough, very tough. Once you begin to use other things to abort than trex, you will find that the HA frequency will taper off. This is hard to do, detoxing in the throws of an episode is challenging to say the least. I did it, so can you. Try the 02 again. You wont regret it.
all the best
thebb Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff_M
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 12:20am

Well that didnt go very well. Detoxing for the seeds,that is. I tried twice,but damn I just couldnt lay off the Imitrex. They're that bad. So I called my doctor,got in and broke down. He upped my depakote and gave me verapamil. Also gave me a sleep aid. Anyways Ive had almost 3 PF days now. So if I can just "squeeze" in a few more days like Ive had....I'll try again! Im going to beat this bastard !!! I'll keep ya'll posted.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 11:54am

Give it hell Jeff. Slow down take it a step at a time. Failing detox is not uncommon. Get the 02 down, use the trex and plan for nexttime. Busting in the middle of an episode is not easy. You need an abort that does not interfere with the method. If your getting hit hard use what works and plan for the future.
all the best
thebb Smiley

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #12 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 12:40pm

Quote:
Busting in the middle of an episode is not easy.

How true. The detox can be very difficult.

Jeff, you can try small monthly doses of seeds between episodes. Since you're already detoxed at that point, it may keep the next one from happening at all.

Good luck, and pf wishes, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!