Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need help with dad. (Read 1303 times)
worried daughter
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I need help with dad.
Jul 9th, 2008 at 2:03pm

My father has just been admitted to the Hospital because he is having 5-6 headaches a day. He has been dealing with clusters for years and has not had a break in his cycle for three years. The meds he has been on are now diong damage to the rest of his body and I believe he is at the end of his rope. I get so frustrated with everyone because they just don't understand how bad these headaches are. People and even Dr.'s just hear the word migraine and have no comprehention how debilitating these are. My father has been on Prednisone for three years and has also tried topamax, the nasal spray, exercise, oxygen and is also taking imitrex injections in his leg when he can't take the pain any longer.Somone out there must know of something else he can try. His Dr. is changing his med's while he is in the hospital so he can give him a morphine drip to stop the pain. If you can help please any info is welcome!!
thanks,
worried daughter

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Re: I need help with dad.
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 2:31pm

Ask his doctor about DHE.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:56am

Hey there hun. I know what you're going through. My dad has been suffering from CH since I was about 7 (I'm 16 now). It's very hard when no one understands and you can barely handle not understanding all of it yourself. I don't know a lot (hardly anything actually) about the meds but if you talk to the right people here I'm sure they can help. I don't know how old/young you are but it's some times easier talking to some one your own age than the adults. If you want to PM me I'm always around. We can talk more there but all in all I'm here to listen when you need to rant, cry, bitch, breakdown, or just want to talk. Hang tough, smile at death, fight hell, and refuse to go down anything other than hitting hard and still swinging. Much love and vibes headed your way. Byes!!!

Broken(aka Felicia)

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
Felicia They.Call.Me.Alice little_black_flame@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 4:23pm

Felicia wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:56am:
Hang tough, smile at death, fight hell, and refuse to go down

That's good stuff right there, signature material.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!