Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Subsequent cluster cycle switching sides???? (Read 922 times)
Conradk1
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Minot, ND USA
Subsequent cluster cycle switching sides????
Jul 16th, 2008 at 2:46am

I just finished 10 weeks of misery on the left side.  I thought i was in the clear since I had not had any headaches since last Friday on the left side (primary side).  Tonight I'm woke up on the right side with a headache, aborted it with oxygen.  Anyone out there ever had this happen?  And if so, how long did you have a problem on the subsequent side/cycle?

Conrad Koerner

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Re: Subsequent cluster cycle switching sides????
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 3:09am

wish i could tell you some good news, but i have been a "lefty" for 23 years. The pain has NEVER moved an inch in all those years. I have heard others here say the pain has shifted on them. Has it ever shifted on you before?  It could be a rebound type hit from stopping or starting a med. Just a guess pal, wish i could be of more help.  Good luck and God bless,   Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Adam D
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 3:01pm

I have had clusters on my left side for 11 years, and on this current episode, mine began on my right side, and then shifted to the left.  I thought it was nuts too, but my doctor said it was not uncommon for this to happen.  However, I did notice to the switch when I stopped taking my Indomethicin for a couple of days because it upset my stomach, and then the demon came back full swing.  Only now it was exactly like old times. 

I will tell you that the clusters behind my right eye weren't nearly as bad as the ones behind my left.  I don't know if it was due to a new area for pain to reside or what.  I have had 1 and 1/2 to 2 day intervals between headaches now, and the month long agony is almost over.  I hope you reach the end of yours soon!

Adam

IP Logged

Adam D
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 3:05pm

I meant to write, "It's good to hear you've reached the end of yours."  Gotta love corrective posts! =).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!