Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the neck rub abortive (Read 1557 times)
-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
the neck rub abortive
Jul 17th, 2008 at 12:33am

i found this video a while back and i was wondering if anybody has had any success with it. i tried it on a toothache out of cycle and it seemed to work pretty good.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

i still find it hard to watch a video of an attack.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

scott t
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: the neck rub abortive
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 4:56am

When in the midst of an attack I take a pan full of ice water and a terry cloth to hold and message against all the pressure points. My eye, under the eyebrow, my jaw, my forehead and neck. The ice cold cloth gives a shock to my pain and for a few fleeting moments its "forgotten". I dunk the cloth repeatedly as soon as the cloth is not ice cold. I continue this process for the 1 - 2 hours until its drifts away...ah! Some relief. I also go outside for fresh air. The walking and mobility seems to hasten the remission. Migraten and verapamil have not been successful during this cycle. I also try to relax rather than fight with the pain. I know the pain and hate every second of it but that's my therapy. Hope it helps all.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 4:46pm

yeah scott thats what i used to do. last winter i would sleep in my semi with the windows cracked and the vents on the sleeper open. i had my head propped against the interior wall of my sleeper and my head would vibrate with the idling of the engine. when i was home my wife would bring me a bowl of ice water and i would dunk the towel and hold it to my face. the neck rub method is on the back side of my neck just to the right of my spine. it worked on a toothache like turning off a switch. i haven't had the chance to use it on an attack since i've been out of cycle.

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:25am

The beginning part of that video shows him applying pressure to his carotid artery.  There is a fairly contentious thread from back in 2004 about this subject.  I remember tryng this during the cycle I had in '05.  It worked about half of the time, but only on low level attacks, and only as a temporary measure--they would always come back.
Pat K 
Here's the link:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!