Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sorta Serious Question - (Read 1135 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Sorta Serious Question -
Jul 18th, 2008 at 5:02pm

Do any of you retain fluid when getting hit really bad?

My old GP had a theoy that this might make the headaches worse and insisted on giving me a prn script for lasix. I keep it around cause sometimes I do swell up and can't seem to get the fluid off and take it... 

Right now I'm getting hammered really bad and am a "little" fixaiated on my damn head ( Smiley ) so I'm noticing about everything.  My feet and legs are swollen about three times their nomal size so I took some lasix and (although it's working) they're still swollen (took it early this morning).

I know heat will make you swell, but I've been avoiding heat totally so that's not it at all. Normally I have beautifully slim ankles, but today I look like a fat cow.... and it's painful to walk...

Please tell me O2 isn't fattening Cry Cry Cry

(Come on -- ya gotta laugh - it's too hurts too bad to cry)...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Sorta Serious Question -
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 5:14pm

I wonder if the kidneys are reacting to vasoconstriction and reducing the capacity to move out the fluids???? Just a guess.
02 is not fattening. Smiley
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

DonnaH_again
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 10:38pm

Have your legs and ankles always swollen during a series of really bad hits?  If no, than do what you already know you should do...get it checked out.

You young chicks ( Cheesy ) need to practice what you preach, shouldn't WE?

Hugs for you,
Donna

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 11:11am

Barb,
Check the salt content on your energy drink.  Some energy drinks are a bit high in salt content.  Combine that with the local temps and it could cause a problem with swelling.

Carolyn

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!