Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RC seeds- dosage and interval (Read 6599 times)
rocky
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|peterborough|Canada||0|0|ON,Ontario
RC seeds- dosage and interval
Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:26am

Hi Guys, Ive been back in my annual cycle for nearly 3 mos.(the longest yet) and am getting 2-6 hits a day. Thanks to this board nearly 2 yrs. ago I discovered the magic of O2 and have ever since been using it as a succesful abortive. I have 6-7 Etanks at home as well as a couple of smaller tannks for the car(separate mask and regulators). I use the cluster mask but only the mouthpiece so I can suck it like a garden hose once the bag is filled.(usually 10-13 lpm flow is adequate for me).
I live in Canada and can order RC seeds locally which I have done. Now I have to figure out the effective dosage and interval for me. I started with 4 seeds(which I crush up-shells and seeds using a mortar and pestel-soak in water for 2 hrs. and then drink it all). Then I went to 8 and then 16 and then 25 last week. No side effects but my seeds were 15 mos old and I read that they may degrade after 6-9 mos. I now have a fresh supply and am about to try 30 next. So far the seeds have had no effect on my cycle-maybe the fresh ones will.
I really looking for any comments that may help me to head in the right direction. Could I try dosing daily or just weekly etc.
Any other experiences out there with RC seeds? All comments welcome. Thank God for this board just to know that I'm not alone.
Regards and thanks to all.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: RC seeds- dosage and interval
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:12pm

clusterbusters.com
LSA faq's
thebbMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

rocky
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:27am

Thanks, I've been to that link many times and provides good guidelines but I'm more interested in actual experiences from the users.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 11:31am

Three years PF and counting. RC seeds monthly or at the first sign of shadow. 25 to 35 ground finely in coffee grinder, soak in water 2 hours. Mushrooms semi-annually or as needed.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:14pm

Hey rocky, im a seed man myself and it sounds like your 1st 3 doses dont count, or wasnt effective because of such a low dose, if the seeds were older maybe that had some barring on it as well. here was my 1st round, 25 seeds then 5 days later 35 seeds then 1 week later 35 seeds again then 2 weeks later 40 seeds. Stopped it cold in its tracks. 9 and 1/2 weeks later i got a solo hit that was about a 7 kipper that i blasted down with 02 in less than 5 minutes, the next day i blasted 40 seeds and have not even had as much as a shadow since, and i have not taken even 1 triptan since starting these seeds Not 1!! All of the times i did the seeds there was no effect ( buzz ). So hang in there, adjust your doses to what will work better and as you know at 25 you felt nothing so you can work with them, feel better.. Coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:10pm

Hey coach,

It seems like that a dose of 40 seeds works for you. Did you notice any beneficial effects at the lower doses? Did you have any side effects?

Best regards,
Rosa

IP Logged

rocky
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:49am

Thanks for the comments. Does anyone have suggestions re. when the RC seeds should be taken. Eg., on an empty stomach only or does it seem to matter. I took 30 seeds last night on a full stomach and have my fingers crossed. Only a couple of shadows so far today. Thanks

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:54am

An empty stomach is best, but I've had good results even when I've dosed after a meal.

My experience has been that "less is more" for me. I try to go as long as possible between doses, and have never dosed with more than 30 seeds. Now that I'm mostly in maintenance mode, I find 11 - 15 is plenty.

All the best with it, and keep us posted.

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 4:01pm

As soon as i started with the 25 seed dose the ch stopped altogather. no shadows or anything, i just didnt feel anything (Buzz) so i wasnt sure if i did it right so i uped the dose to 35, still no buzz and still no CH. so after a 2nd round at 35 and then 2 weeks off and then the 40. the 40 seed dose did make me a little sleepy and i took a nice nap. With all the reading i did, the only side effect to the seeds was at 40 i got a little sleepy, that told me it worked at 40.  other than that there was no side effects at all. Coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 4:22pm

If I do not dose at least monthly, I will get a reminder that I am past due.  Undecided  I started off dosing every five days for a few weeks, then went to the monthly schedule.  If I am still getting shadows or full blown hits, I keep up the weekly schedule until I am pf. 

I dose using 35-40 seeds ground up in the coffee grinder and soaked for a couple hours in a couple ounces of water.  I only dose about an hour before bedtime and I sleep like a baby every time.  No side effects, bad dreams, or trippy feelings at all.

Good Luck!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 12:47am

Quote:
If I do not dose at least monthly, I will get a reminder that I am past due.   

same here.
thebb

IP Logged

rocky
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:24am

Well I'm now through my 2nd day and night PF with nothing but a mild shadow that disappeared quickly. I dosed with 30-35 seeds each night with no side effects and am going to keep up this regimen for the next 4-5 days to see what happens. Then monthly or as req'd. Maybe I'm being too optomistic but I can't believe it's worked so well so far. The next few days will be the test and I'll keep you informed. Thanks for all your help.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 11:14am

Congrats on the pf time!!!

It was hard for me to believe too, until I became mostly pf after dealing with almost daily ch's for over a year and 1/2.  I'm still amazed that it worked!!  Waiting to see how this fall high cycle goes...........hopefully it will just stay away!!

Beth

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 12:05pm

Quote:
I dosed with 30-35 seeds each night with no side effects and am going to keep up this regimen for the next 4-5 days to see what happens.

I think you should wait at least a few day's between doses. Just a suggestion. You must have a big bag of seeds. Cheesy
PF is a good thing indeed. These are demon ass kickers for sure. Smiley
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

rocky
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 12:21pm

Ethnogarden Botanicals-in Canada has a special on, so I ordered about 300 seeds for $35. I'll see how today goes and maybe skip tonites dose.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 12:33pm

I get mine there as well. Sale on eh?   Time to restock.
Stick with it. You'll be glad ya did.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #16 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 1:19am

rocky wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:24am:
Well I'm now through my 2nd day and night PF with nothing but a mild shadow that disappeared quickly. I dosed with 30-35 seeds each night with no side effects and am going to keep up this regimen for the next 4-5 days to see what happens. Then monthly or as req'd. .

Hi rocky.

Lot of good input above.

Its seldom easy breaking a well set cycle with RC seeds.

I beleive we all have an "effective dose" wich for you sounds like 35 seeds as you described it (at least in this batch, the seed strength can vary) , Coachs is 40 as he describes it, for others it may be just 10-12 seeds.

The key seems to be in finding that effective dose. Once found it is possible to break a set cycle fairly quickly in my opinion.
As you asked dosing on a daily and sometimes twice daily basis is possible if and only if single doses dont provide a lasting relief of more than a day.
(Note that with continued daily usage it is also possible to reach a dark, mildly hallucinogenic state wich is not fun) Also you will likely find extreme exhaustion in a few days.
I would not reccomend taking the seeds for more than 5 or 6 days straight. I would reccomend that if you insist, that you use a decreasing or tapering dosage. Only to break a cycle not responding to single doses
If 40 was the effective dosage than 30 would be just as effective day 2 and maybe 15-20 day 3 and so on. Once an effective dose is found its not too hard to beat away the CH this way. The actual closed door effect where further doses do nothing for me is around 6 hours. I can take smaller doses as low as 4-5 seeds at that time to abort an attack

If this is the treatment method you use and you do miss a scheduled dose its best to wait out a few days and then start over at the beginning if the CH returns hard.

For the majority the 5-7 day wait between dosing period is very succesful and reccomended.

Link added; This also pertains to LSA and RC seeds.    Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:25am by MJ »  

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 1:47am

I agree with Nani that less is more. especially when maintenace dosing.

Life can be better without CH.

Be carefull out there.

MJ

IP Logged

sandt38
CH.com Newbie

ouch

North Carolina
Reply #18 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 3:58pm

Please pardon my ignorance, but I keep seeing reference to RC seeds. I went to CB and found the closest reference to it as being Rivea Corymbosa. Is this correct?

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:33am

The RC seeds are from the Rivea Corymbosa plant you are correct.
Also referred to as Turbina Corymbosa.

Ololiuqui is the Mazatec term more commonly used used for the seeds. I think the name RC seeds was probably generated here.

Heres a translated page for an interesting read and some very basic history of there use way back. No info regarding CH though.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

MJ

IP Logged

Kateeast
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #20 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 5:30pm

Hello, I dosed the last coupleof times with 58 seeds and apart from needing a kip had no side effects. If needed I dose every five days.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!