Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
kudzu? (Read 2190 times)
rossimft
CH.com Junior

Doggonit!  These CHs are
making my eyes pop out!!!

x0|Clovis|USA||0|0|CA,California
kudzu?
Jul 28th, 2008 at 4:48pm

Hi all!
I've been away for a year and 1/2 and my beast is getting ready to resurface.  Last time I was here, there was talk about kudzu but I am not seeing that on the discussion boards now.  I was just wondering what is the latest and greatest.  My usual is Topamax as a preventative, melatonin, B complex with of course the almighty O2, ice packs, and Trex injex.  Sometimes I will use prednizone, but I don't really like it.  I have not really heard of anything revolutionary since my last cycle.  Any new insights out there?
Sheri

Sheri
rossimft69  
IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Re: kudzu?
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 4:07pm

Not sure why nobody has been posting to your question.  I am currently in a cycle after 2 PF years.  I took Kudzu that last cycle and it helped tremendously and I am taking again this cycle and is still doing its magic.

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 4:58pm

Haven't seen discussion of Kudzu recently, but for people new to the idea, I found these links in a search of the old message board:

Original thread:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 005;action=display;num=1107368408

Some follow-ups:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register ction=display;num=1110299841

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register ction=display;num=1109050068

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 005;action=display;num=1111940706

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 005;action=display;num=1113697468

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 005;action=display;num=1121124013

Added 03/06:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register display;num=1141363394

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 005;action=display;num=1131409614

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register display;num=1142950910

I know a few people have tried Rhodiola and are finding success with it - both as an abortive and as a preventative.

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 6:14pm

I think that Melissa was thinking of trying Kudzu.  You may want to PM her to see if she has tried it yet.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

chrismo5555
CH.com Newbie

Vitamin D3 is for me!

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 4:21pm

I have taken Kudzu during two different cylces. The first time I tried it was toward the end of a cycle. It helped tremendously and eventually the cluster ended. I thought that I had found a "magic bullet".

When my next cluster started rolling in, I simply thought, "OK time to start taking Kudzu again and I will be fine." The beast definitely slapped my confidence away. The kudzu worked well for about one week and then the effectiveness just faded away. Before I knew it I was back to being hit regularly.

I am pretty sure that this was other people's experience as well.

IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 10:47am

I know it doesn't work for everyone but I have been fortunate that after 2 days on it I usually just experience shadows until cycle is over.  If one does break through I can usually abort in 5-10 minutes with cold rags/cold water splashed in face.  If it goes full blown then the hit will last about maybe 20 minutes at no more than Kip 8.  Normally my full blown CH's are no less than 45 minutes.

I am taking very small doses of it compared to what was common on these boards but I started small because I hate taking anything.  I currently take 150 Mg of Solaray brand Kudzu that contains 2% Daidzin.  I take one at 8 a.m. and one at 8 p.m.  I hate having my hopes up too much on what is working for me but it has been a godsend.  I am so afraid that someday it may quit doing its magic but if it does I will be prepared to survive.  This is my second cycle on it and this cycle I do believe is winding down and I will most definetly be using the Kudz next time around.

Wishing you and all PF days!

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 11:04am

chrismo5555 wrote on Aug 25th, 2008 at 4:21pm:
I am pretty sure that this was other people's experience as well.

I have heard a few reports of Kudzu not working as well the second time around, but I am not sure that this is the norm.  Many people have reported that other meds work one year, but eventually 'the beast adapts' and dodges them.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

rossimft
CH.com Junior

Doggonit!  These CHs are
making my eyes pop out!!!

x0|Clovis|USA||0|0|CA,California
Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 7:56am

Thanks for all of your responses! I thought, what the heck, I'll try anything and I am taking it now, along with anything else recommended and nothing ever seems to make a tremendous difference.  Just about the only route I have not yet taken is the cluster busters approch and I am becoming very much drawn to the notion.  The problem is I do not have knowledge of access or means to that sort of treatment.  I am not closing the door just yey though...

thanks again
Sheri

Sheri
rossimft69  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!