Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
out of the blue (Read 862 times)
Mandy
Ex Member

out of the blue
Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:42am

My cycles are short and spread out, if everything follows the normal pattern I should start a new cycle in Nov 09. Last night I had an episode out of the blue that knocked me to my knees. I was washing dishes and it hit me like a hammer strike with no warning. I went from pain free to begging God to make it stop in a matter of minutes. Do other people get these out of the blue episodes too?  Does anyone know how to avoid them? The start of a new cycle? Did I get into something that triggered it? Or is this just the nature of the beast? I have only had a couple of these odd episodes since CH entered my life.

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Re: out of the blue
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 10:18am

Mandy
I could be the start of another cylce.  These things are unpredictable.  Once you think you have it figured out, it changes.  My last go around started with a hit that wasn't completely unexpected and then i was pain free for about 6 weeks before the shit hit the fan.  My advice is to start taking your preventatives if you haven't already.  If you never took anything, you'll need to see your doc if that the way you want to go. If its the beginning, then hopefully its another short one for you.
Good luck

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: out of the blue
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 10:21am

The characteristics of CH reflected in the diagnostic description, is taken too literally. Significant variation, especially over time, is more common than we should recognize (in our messages).

So, yes, this experience is not unusual; cycles are not rigid; the location and quality of pain may wander around for months, even years, before becoming a stable experience, etc.

It's a teaching experience: how to attend to your life with CH without becoming obsessed!

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!