Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quick Question (Read 1899 times)
blawrence
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Quick Question
Jul 31st, 2008 at 5:13pm

Hi everyone, hope all is well.

Bobby's cluster finally broke, started 4/14 and left on 7/7 (the longest cycle he's ever had) but I'm always concerned that it's not really over.  How many pf days do we need (listen to me - WE) to say the cycle is over?

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Re: Quick Question
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 6:05pm

I am by no means an expert, but I have been a CH for 12 years but honestly I think Bobby will have the feeling if the cycle is over or at least I normally do.  For me it is weird but after about 4 or 5 days you just have a completely different feeling.  If I am counting correcting it has been about 3 weeks since his last hit so I think it is safe to say "that" cycle is over.  Obviously, the fact that all of we CHs must face is the beast will strike again and we never know when so we must live life to the fullest and not worry about it.  I am thankful that Bobby is PF now and hope and pray that those days are many if not forevery.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 3:23am

I usually wait for a month to announce that the cycle is over, just to be on the safe side.
And in Bobby's case that month is not that far away! Smiley I hope that the beast will stay away for a long, long time. Smiley

PF wishes,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:01am

It's funny how many threads are asking the same basic question.  Looks like a lot of episodics are coming out of hell.  This is good news to me.

You aren entirely entitled to say WE when referring to your clusterhead.  You guys are in this together.  I thank you for being there for him.

Your answer is somewhere between what Ernie and Sanna said.  I usually don't get excited for a few weeks to a month.  But sometimes you just know.

I hope your collective break is a long one  Cool

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:56am

Agree with Wishbone: I'd experience a lightness of mind which, over time, I came recognize as my signal.

BUT, having said that, I'd also encourage you to not look so hard for THE sign of the end! Analogous to people on a diet: when you weigh youself everyday discouragement tends to increase. Dealing with a slow motion process (weight loss or CH) a constant focus only adds to preoccupation/anxiety, etc. Rather, get back to living vs. "when will the next one come?"

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:06pm

One time years ago I left the house without my imitrex.  I said screw it, I don't need it.  Thats when I knew that cycle was over.  It was that sudden realization that I had some peace of mind that let me know it was over.

This time is different as I have shadowed almost everyday for 4 months since my last hit, so I don't have complete peace of mind. 

Bottom line, ask him how he feels.  ASk him his confidence level of leaving the house for a couple hours without any abortives.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

blawrence
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:16pm

Well it's funny you mention leaving the house w/o abortive measures b/c I noticed yesterday that his portable O2 has been taken out of the truck....but I don't actually like talking about it out loud (stupid I know) so I picked up the bag and was like "you sure about this?" He said he was fine with it not being with him, but we have imitrex shots in the glove compartments of all three of our vehicles!  BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY I always say! 

The funny thing is that since 7/7 he's been very tired, is this normal for you guys? I'm assuming that since so much sleep has been robbed from you that the body is trying to reclaim what's it's lost?

On a side note, I wanted to tell you all that I talk about all of you every night like you all are my new best friends - I love you all being here and available for us.  You guys are the best!!!

Love,
B & B

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 7:42pm

I never leave the house without Imitrex - always in my purse. Although, I'm not sure why. I don't get the random hits, my cycles are always 3 months, and I'm pain free in between. I guess it's my security blanket.

I have shadows/soreness pretty much the entire cycle, so I can very quickly recognize when the beast has left.

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 8:50pm

Beyond about 2 days, you can't make up lost sleep. It just doesn't work that way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!