Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Encouragment if you would (Read 1641 times)
DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Encouragment if you would
Aug 1st, 2008 at 2:19pm

Hello all of you angels.

I am in dire need of some words. I am in not so good a condition at the moment. God bless my wife. She is helping me. She is working and my son is at day care. They cannot see me like this. I am currently taking Topamax as a preventative. I am on my 3rd month of it. These side affects are way too much. I can't stop crying today. I don't want to do anything! I had to leave work. I can't remember my freakin phone number half the time. I am tired of it. I am sick and tired of it. yet I am scared to death to have another attack. Any ideas as to something to do to get my mind straight? something?

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Re: Encouragment if you would
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 2:23pm

Hang on, Sweetie.....help is just around the corner.

Check your PM's, please....

Jackie

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 2:25pm

can't see my doctor until september the 5th. what busy dude. waiting for a phone call from him for hours now. bupkiss.

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 3:20pm

Diablo, My Friend, I am sorry the beast is hanging on you today. I know you're worn down, and soo in need of some rest and rejuvenation, but, please.........ya gotta keep pushing him away!
Maybe there's a piece of the puzzle we can add.....meltonin at night? Imitrex when you get hit hard...02?? 02????

Please check your pm's...........we cannot let you go like this!!

Never alone, Diable........got it??
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:04pm

DeStijl wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 2:19pm:
I am currently taking Topamax as a preventative.

Topomax is referred to as dopymax.  It can REALLY mess with your head.  It made me dumber than a rock, the first time I got on it.

The trick with dopymax, is the amount you are taking, and how quickly you got to that level.  It needs to be started at a VERY low level ... I seem to remember 15mg, to start, and then a little more each week, until you get to a level that works for you.

Usually, the dopiness fades (when slowly built up) after a day or so of boosting to the next higher level.  Maybe you need something else to take with it to get the desired results.  Has your doctor ever tried you on verapamil?  That alone, or combined with dopymax may be your magic bullet.

As far as not being able to get in to see your doctor, call the office back, and ask them to put you on the cancellation list, so that if someone cancels, you can get in quicker.

Hang in there buddy!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 9:58pm

Cathi_Pierce wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 3:20pm:
Please check your pm's

Ditto

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 9:06pm

thanks y'all. Jackie you were a great help! On the ball. No sooner did I hit that post button and WHAM I get a PM from Jackie. heh thanks for the support you guys.

I'm not too awfully concerned about the dopey part of the topamax to be honest. It's the violent mood and emotional swings. The OMG I'm freaking out now feelings. I work at a university in the telecommunications department design and installation division. I am in constant contact with customers, students, and the general public representing the university. It doesn't do me any good to look like a flippin cookoo bird one minute and lost puppy the next. I'm going to have it eliminated completely. The Topamax that is, but I am now in the midst of yet another doctor switch #4 in the last 2 years. Bleh. I hope this one doesn't take 2 months to get an appointment.

Thanks again for all the help y'all!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!