Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
West Texas anyone? (Read 1768 times)
DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
West Texas anyone?
Aug 12th, 2008 at 12:50am

Anyone else out here in dry, hot, west Texas. Anywhere near Lubbock by chance? Maybe have a little brisket on the smoker some day? Maybe a day at the lake?

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

msussman
CH.com Newbie

Tucson, AZ
Re: West Texas anyone?
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:20pm

Hey perediablo...

I'm in Southern New Mexico, about an hour north of El Paso...in this sparsely-populated part of the country, that practically counts as being next-door neighbors.  Smiley

There was some talk about some southwest folks getting together on the old board:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

...but it hasn't really developed yet.

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 2:07am

That isn't too far away. I've seen several people listed as being in Lubbock in the members section, but none have posted since I've been here.

I ate lunch in Santa Rosa today. We were on the way back from Colorado. We ate at Comet II on Route 66. I had a pretty good green chili enchilada dish with beans on the side. It was my first trip into New Mexico. Not too shabby.

Maybe we can get a semi-regular thing going for us south westerners. There's all kinds of places we could meet. I would really like to see more of New Mexico...Los Alamos, Trinity...anything to do with the Manhattan project. And of course Carlsbad Caverns.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

msussman
CH.com Newbie

Tucson, AZ
Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 4:39pm

Ah, yes, we *do* love our green chili out here.  This is the season for it, too - huge roasters filled with peppers outside most supermarkets, lifting that amazing aroma into the air.

I'm definitely into a southwest gathering.  I've still never met another clusterhead in person...Any other southwest folks reading this interested?

Carlsbad Caverns is a great idea...though White Sands is pretty amazing, too!  As far as I know, though, they only open the Trinity site to the public twice per year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!