Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have a question (Read 985 times)
worst pain ever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I have a question
Aug 21st, 2008 at 7:03am

Hello everyone I have a quick question. Yesterday was tough for me but  last night was worse as I had two very bad run ins with the devil, beast or whatever you want to call it.Here is my question all day yesterday I had what I guess is called  a shadow headache about a 3 to 4 on the kip scale  it never progressed past that until I went to sleep(of course) is this normal? I thought that these things just come on get excruciating and then depart laughing when your half dead.Has anyone else had this experience with a shadow that lasted all day but never developed into a full on CH. I didn't want to use up one of my precious vials of imitrex unless it got really bad which it never did it just kind of took residence over/behind my right eye and played the heavy metal tune we all know so well but at a considerably lower volume than usual so I just dealt with it and went about my day but I must say it drained me.
Thanks
Joe
PF days to all

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Re: I have a question
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 7:23am

welcome dude, i believe it was Guiseppi who once said," the only thing predictable thing about CH is , its UNpredictable".   I have had the all day shadows that you mentioned, not often , but it has happened, I have found low LPM of O2 for a prolonged period helped that. Others use energy drinks, others exercise. Keep reading , the more you read, the more you learn. The more you learn, the better able you are to fight the pain.  Good luck.   Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

worst pain ever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 7:34am

tuck wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 7:23am:
welcome dude, i believe it was Guiseppi who once said," the only thing predictable thing about CH is , its UNpredictable".   I have had the all day shadows that you mentioned, not often , but it has happened, I have found low LPM of O2 for a prolonged period helped that. Others use energy drinks, others exercise. Keep reading , the more you read, the more you learn. The more you learn, the better able you are to fight the pain.  Good luck.   Tuck

Thanks alot. I have absolutely been doing alot of reading on this site and alot of the info is useful.Thanks again for the reply wishing many PF days for you

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 8:21am

Yep - shadows are "normal" (if anything is normal with these things!).

When the shadows hit (and they do) get an energy drink and hit the O2 (15-25 liters with a NON-REBREATHER mask).

Try melatonin at night and see if that will help the night hits... Start with 3-5mg and work up to 15-20mg (whatever works for you). It gets you thru the REM sleep (where the CH hits). Works for a lot of us.

But the O2 should be your first line of defense. About 70% of us swear by it here.
Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:24am

Listen to Barbara.

Quote:
I had what I guess is called  a shadow headache about a 3 to 4 on the kip scale  it never progressed past that until I went to sleep(of course) is this normal?

Yep. That is normal for us. Crazy huh?
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!