Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Damn Storms!!!! (Read 3647 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Damn Storms!!!!
Aug 30th, 2008 at 7:21am

My theory (and I've said this over and over) is that the BAROMETER is the trigger for MY CH!!!!!

Thanks to Gustav, I'm getting hit back to back all of a sudden again!!! Right along with the barometer.... This time I've been watching it and when it DROPS - I get hit. Under 30 - I get hit bad.... Over 30 - I get a little break.

That may be the reason for the spring and fall cycles.... Spring rains and fall hurricains - we get the fall out from both!!! If we have a snow (rare for this part of the country) in the winter - I get hit. I'm chronic so I get hit when it's going to rain (I can predict the weather better than the guy on TV). How much rain depends on the Kip rating...

Now how's that for scientific research? (and that counselor, after looking at my college entrance scores told me I DEFINITELY was NOT suited for a career in SCIENCE! Tongue )

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Re: Damn Storms!!!!
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 9:39am

Barb dear,

Even though I'm 99.99% PF, I feel the beast stirring, trying to awaken from the forced coma I keep him in, any time there are storms on the way.

I'm so sorry Gustav is shaking up the beast for you. Hang in there, we're with you.

Redd

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 9:57am

What is the world coming to?  I actually feel sympathy for Barb!

Hang in there, ya ornery old broad ... Just keep telling yourself, "This, too, shall end ..."

I know full well what you say about barometric pressure, it affects me the same way.  When the hurricanes get close to the Carolinas, I start looking for the .45 ... Good thing I don't have one!

I REALLY am sorry you are getting beat up so bad, Barb.  Don't tell anyone, but I DO have a heart, and care for you.

Chuck

(WOW!  What has gotten into me?   I GOTTA shake this mood!)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:24am

I'm so sorry you are getting hit so hard also!  I have been having a hard time too, but I also have an abcess tooth that I had under control for a few days and is now hurting again.  I have not paid much attention to the barometer in conjunction with my head, but I sure think I might now.  A few days before my tooth acted up again I sure was having a hard time with getting hit alot.  And that sure does coincide with Fay's weather.

PF hugs,
Tara Ann

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:15pm

This is weird, but my son called a few minutes ago (he has migraines) and said he was getting all the signs that he's going to have a good one... (barometic pressure???? - he thinks so too). Maybe we're on to something here....

Awwww Chuckles -- I KNEW you cared -- now I have proof... Kiss Kiss

Anyhow, son and grandson are coming for the holiday. Grandson needs a touch of Granny, so Granny had best get her "head" together and get some ""country cookin'" on the stove. Maybe the barometer will "rise" and Granny can get some quality time in with Caleb...

Ya'll have a good Labor day...

Hugs BD

PS  Tara Ann - take care of that tooth... frozen peas help (sometimes).
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:16pm by BarbaraD »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 4:32pm

Hang in there Barb, that sucks. Undecided

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 4:55pm

stay strong Barb cause we all love that home country cookin Shocked

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #7 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 1:07am

Smiley

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

jjslugdog
CH.com Junior

Dance all night!

Alabama
Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:05am

Maybe Gustav brought on this round.  Got a pneumonia shot on Monday, came down with a cold on Wednesday, beast showed up on Friday.

Timeslowing, forever, exquisite pain is like the Marine Corps. The few, the proud, the brave.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:47am

Sorry jj -- hang in there -- Load up on O2 and energy drinks.... The barometer is under 30 and Gustav is hitting -- don't know where you're located, but here in East Texas we're battenin' down the hatches for the fallout right now....

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 12:45pm

Hang in there Barb   Smiley

Y'all stay safe too!

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #11 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 1:01pm

BarbaraD wrote on Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:47am:
but here in East Texas we're battenin' down the hatches for the fallout right now....

Does Gustav know who and what he is tempting by threatening the BD ranch???

I know that I, for one, know better, and am too chicken to tangle with or mess with Barb's property!

Gustav, BEWARE of where you travel!!!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #12 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 1:42pm

It's is really weird here -- One side of the porch is cloudy - the other side is sunny.... It's been this way for hours.... Even the dogs are confussed. I put them OUT and told them to sit on the sunny side - it might be the last time they'd see sun for a while.

And they say WIMMENS is unpredictible..... Gustav has us all beat...

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:10am

Gustav messed me up too, but it didn't hit us. I just wound up with increased hits in the place we evacuated to!

My family kept saying it was the stress, but to be honest I'm more stressed now that I'm home, and I've gone back to my usual amount of hits. I'm not sure if it was something different about the weather there or what. O_o

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:13am

I think Gustav is messin' with me too.  Lots of shadows.

So sorry you are having such a hard time, Barb.  Hang in the!   I'll be thinking of you!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:53am

Barb, just saw your post, and so sorry you are having it so bad.   Cry I now agree 100% the pressure has a lot to do with hits.  I have always maintained humidity will trigger a hit or move me into a cycle, but until recently not totally sure about the pressure.  By now hopfully Gustav has moved on past you and you are getting some relief and you were able to have quality time with your son and Caleb.

BTW don't be fooled by Chuck's post, someone at the home wrote that.  He still hasn't found out why the sleeves on his white coat are so long and wrap around his chest so he can't even type, but they let keep the computer on so he can read messages.   Cheesy Wishbone

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 5:14pm

I know that Wishbone.... someone dialed the phone for him the other night. He kept rambling on something about your butt being cuter than his... do you know what he was talking about? Grin Grin Grin 

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 6:23pm

Barb that is my only regret about going to Convention.  I think prior to my arrival you had always let Chuck think his butt was the cutest.  Now he is devastated and I am not sure he will get over it.  I got a PM from the home that he got his teeth on the straps and almost escaped, all the while yelling something about going to another hospital for a butt lift. 

Has the pressure dropped now so that you are getting hit less? I so hope it is.  It is much better here in Birmingham.  Take care of yourself.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #18 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 10:42pm

Hey, you two, Barb and Ernie!!

'Snot fair ... two agin one!!!!

Quit ganging up, and picking on poor, defenseless, me!

<sniff, sniff>   Cry

And besides, my butt IS cute as hell!  Just because it drags on the ground a bit, it is STILL cute!!!

So
THERE!!!

Chuck

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:32am

Yes yes Chuckie, Your BUTT is cute as a button -- We all love it...

Now go lay down and rest like the nice people tell you.... Count the cute little butterflies ... aren't they pretty colors???

Ernie and I will check in on you later.... Smiley Smiley Kiss

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #20 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:27am

Hey Barb,

I really think that you may be right about the weather!  The system that was Gustav came through here yesterday.  Wednesday I had very strong shadows.  I got a little better yesterday when all the rain came.  BTW, my 15 year old son had a migraine yesterday, think, because if the weather.  Today, we are both feeling better.

I think you are on to something.  Sure hope you are doing better now!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

echo
CH.com Alumnus

Chronic and still alive
--- I Win!

Overland Park, KS
Reply #21 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 11:49am

Hang in there Barb.  I'm right there with you in regards to storms.  Seems like any time there are drastic pressure changes the SOB comes in for a dance.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2008 at 11:49am by echo »  

"If you love something, let it go.  If it doesn't come back,  hunt it down and kill it". Proud father of a US Marine,  Marine turned COP, Navy Corpsman, and KS Army National Guard. Our  4 sons serve.

IP Logged

wayne mc
CH.com Newbie

Live life in the fast
lane

Goulburn, NSW Australia.
Reply #22 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 11:56am

hi barb, getting the hang of this webb thing, raining outside, one thing I do know, if it's raining Im not going to sleep, 2am in Oz.

Thanks for your help earlier

Wayne

If I knew I would live this long, I would of looked after myself better!

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #23 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:14pm

Seriously watch the barometer -- when it drops below 30, I'm gonna get hit.... Over 30 I get a break.  When the clouds roll in - it drops.

When is the END of hurricaine season.... I'm ready!!!! You guys on the East Coast are getting it right now in spades. Stay safe. We've actually got some sun today (I'm not saying that very loud for fear it'll go away, but it's nice for a change.).

Hugs BD

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 9:53am

I've noticed the same phenomenon related to storms.   At certain times when I travel on airplanes, I get a major attack.  I have always assumed this is related to the air pressure.  I travel a lot for my business, so this is kind of sucky.

Unfortunately it looks like this hurricane/major storm season is going to be a doozy!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!