Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is this??? (Read 1451 times)
cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
What is this???
Aug 31st, 2008 at 7:51pm

Almost 2 weeks ago Lisa was rearended in a car accident and had a mild concusion and whip lash. She has been getting slammed all weekend. She threw up twice so far. Oxygen works but 20 min. later she gets hit again. The last hit was 25 min. and was on both sides not just the usual left side. There has also been a migraine yesterday and this morning. Pain has been in the back of the head as well. This is just so different than anything she has had. We gave her a dhe injection tonight. That seems to have calmed things for a few hours. Her xrays and MRI that were done after the accident were clear of any major issues. Any help would be appreciated!!!???

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

The next person who calls
it a migraine eats teeth

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Re: What is this???
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 7:54pm

Is she dizzy/unsteady at all?

Any co-ordination problem/clumsiness or confused speech?

Please get her back to the Doctor if so

W the B
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:15pm by pubgirl »  

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 7:56pm

Does Lisa get the "neck thing" with her CH?  I'm guessing that maybe the whiplash she got her in accident may have exacerbated things in some way.  But it's just a guess.

Sorry to hear that she's getting hit again.   Cry

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

it a migraine eats teeth

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:11pm

Sorry have to go now as 1am here.

George (great British name!)

If Lisa has any of the symptoms I asked about she needs to be checked again - X rays won't show most soft tissue, nerve or fluid problems which could be affecting her after the injury.
If the pain in the back of her head is low down at the base where it meets the neck, it definitely needs further investigation

W
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:13pm by pubgirl »  

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:17pm

Hi there

It sounds to me like the wiplash and the ch are happening at the same time and making life much harder whiplash is painful and some symtoms sound like whiplash and others seem to be the CH does she usually suffer with migrains ?? i would defo go back to the er and get everything dbl checked never take chances

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:46pm

I just got off the phone with the nuerologist at Jefferson. He said these headaches are normal for someone who has had whiplash. She has always had migraines and sometimes they come with CH. When she isnt getting hit she is just tired but is very clear headed. Our er here is a waste for anything out of the ordinary. On top of it, it's a holiday weekend in a beach town. The dhe seems to have calmed things finally. Thank you for your help! I'm starting to calm down, at least until the next go around. Best news is the o2 supplier agreed to come deliver 6 tanks tonight at 9pm! There was no way the one tank was going to last until Tuesday!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

it a migraine eats teeth

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 9:19pm

That sounds like good news and a VERY good idea to take advice and put your mind at rest - but do get help if Lisa seems "odd" at all

Have a great weekend and hope Lisa feels better soon

W the B

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #7 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 1:06am

Smiley

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 8:34pm

Only one hit today, no migraine and the dull headache is getting less. Lets hope the worse is over!  The doctor's have already told us sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. It couldn't have been much worse than yesterday. Thanks for everyone's help!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!