Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi Everyone....Nice to Meet you (Read 2353 times)
carolinagirl4ever69
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hi Everyone....Nice to Meet you
Sep 4th, 2008 at 5:17pm

I am very new to this site,but I have been fighting CH for 10 years.Until very recently I was misdiagnosed and being treated for trigeminal neuralgia.I was taking 14 pills a day and no relief.No one would listen to me and said that was all that could be done for me,unless I wanted gamma knife surgery.
Finally  I was on web md and saw a link to cluster headaches and as soon as I read the symptoms.....I knew I had a name for my Hell!
I would awaken in the middle of the night standing in the middle of my room from a deep sleep with the worst pain that i even knew was possible!
My eye was swollen and red(I felt like I had been punched in the eye). it started in October and lasted until March. I am so glad I have found all of you and a name for this living hell! I have an appt. with a new neurologist in 2 weeks and I can't wait to get off all this med. and get a treatment that might offer some relief! nice to meet you all!!

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Re: Hi Everyone....Nice to Meet you
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 5:24pm

Welcome home!  Kiss

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 5:40pm

Nice to meet you as well. Welcome and read, read, read.
all the best
thebbMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 6:48pm

Hi from down under Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 8:26pm

Glad you are here and hopefully you're on your way to more pain free times.  I live in NC too- mooresville actually ( north of charlotte)  Where do you live?  There are some good Neurologists in NC depending what region you live in-  Let us know if there is something we can do to help-

Kelly

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 9:26pm

welcome to your new family. You are not alone anymore!

Barry Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 10:36pm

Hi and welcome.   Sorry for your pain but really happy you found your way here.  Let us know how we can help you.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 10:51pm

Welcome to the insane asylum family!!!

I hope you don't live out in the western part of the state, like Kelly, cat, Racer, SailPappy, and others!!!  The GOOD Carolinians live in the EASTERN part of the state!  Or, <shudder> you may even live in SOUTH Carolina!!!  Poor thing!!!

LOL, I am just teasing!  But now we have another clusterhead to invite to our Carolinian meet-n-greet!!!  WOOHOO!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, you did not mention the God of treatment: OXYGEN!!!  Have you ever tried it?  It has saved what little brain I have left!  It is a life line, and life saver to most of us.

After ten years of fighting the beast, we gots ta git you some relief!!!

Read, read, read ...  And then Ask, ask ask ... We want to help get you some relief!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:12am

I hate to agree with Chuck because the man just aint right in the head Wink   but please please make sure you talk to your neuro about 02. Like Chuck....(Gads I hate comparing myself to Chuck!!!).....it's given me my sanity back. Pure oxygen, from a high flow regulator, at least 15 LPM, using a non re breather mask, I can abort a headache in less then 10 minutes. Really miraculous the first time you stop a hit with it.

Welcome home, really glad you found us.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:56am

Welcome home kiddo....

And as bad as I hate to agree with EITHER Chuckles or Joe, O2 is the lifeline for about 70% of us here. I swear by it and don't leave home without it. Someone here even named their O2 tank Oxy - that's how much we LOVE our O2.

Stick around and READ READ READ. We KNOW how you feel and are here to answer questions, hold your hand, or whatever you need. You're family now (yeah and you've got to call Chuckles - cuz), so pull up a chair and prop your feet up and make yourself at home now ya hear....

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!