Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
safe alcohol ???  safe marijuana ??? (Read 11553 times)
mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Re: safe alcohol ???  safe marijuana ???
Reply #50 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:46pm

linda

it was meant to be sarcastic-

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #51 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 1:13am

Cocaine? Jeez.
Ya might as well start shooting up smack as soon as a hit starts. Makes you care a whole lot less about the Beast.....

Sarcasm off.

Pascal.  Sad

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 1:42am

Linda_Howell wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:28pm:
Please don't thank him Mezza.   He isn't a Guinea pig for anyone HERE and is in my mind...a moron.  he is serving only himself, and badly at that!

Now Linda and others,
He is a grown man and will live, and die, with the choices he makes in his fight against the beast.  All be it, most will not agree with his choices and some will even criticize him for those choices he has chosen to share with his fellow Clusterheads.  Don't you think it is a little much to insult him, or anyone, for the way they choose to approach the beast?  We all have our own way of dealing with it, and it is just not nessassary to spew such venom.  

Or how about this, as in the words of Amiel:  "Oh, do not let us wait to be just or pitiful or demonstrative toward those we love until they or we are struck down by illness or threatened with death! Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh, be swift to love, make haste to be kind!"

Thomas
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:05am by N/A »  

IP Logged

hatethebeast
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NJ USA
Reply #53 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 1:58am

Icedragon : I do get less hits the day after drinking ( 0 - 1 as opposed to 2 - 3) Not sure why that is though.                                                                                                                                                                                        Kevin M wrote "The question though has been "why" use these kinds of triggers known to yourself?" My answer to that is ; If I am going to be dealing with CH the next 30 or so years I want to take advantage of the time that I get them now while Im still young to figure out what not to do in the future. Right now I have a high tolerance to pain ( due to the CH) Who knows 10 years from now. I also have some breathing exercises that eases the pain (5 or under on the KIP scale)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 BarbaraD  wrote "I found some Molly Jane in Jamica that stopped a hit dead in it's tracks"  I was just wondering if you remember what it was that you smoked ??                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   BarbaraD  Also wrote " Don't bother me at all to sit in a bar and drink tea or coffee.."        Thats good for you but its not my cup of tea to sit in a bar unless Im drinking and Im sure that gos for a lot of people here.                                                                                                                                                                                      mezza wrote " I think that's where some may differ from you- the definition of living-  snorting cocaine( not medically prescribed lidocaine) and smoking pot recreationally is not on my top 100 list of fun things to do to stay on top of my social game.   In or out of cycle.   That kind of 'fun' living is associated with far too much risk for me- the ultimate one being the livelihood of my family"     I can appreciate that what Im doing is a risk for you b/c of your family but I am single and dont mind the risk. As far as " snorting cocaine" gos I only dabble a few times a year (unless Im having an episode that year then maybe a few extra times)                                                                                                                                                                    Linda Howell wrote "Please don't thank him Mezza.   He isn't a Guinea pig for anyone HERE and is in my mind...a moron.  he is serving only himself, and badly at that!"               I dont know where you come off calling me a moron but you are right about me being a Guinea pig for myself. As I stated before these are MY findings for MYSELF and maybe some people that get CH like to party like MYSELF!!  So since sometimes I get an episode for 5 - 6 months and I dont want to stop partying; I know not to mix wine and weed or I CAN smoke just weed as long as I have a cup of coffee ready just in case AND know if I drink that cup of joe the beast is gone within 15 mins and can still enjoy the rest of my high.    OR when my episode starts now I know I can buy a gram of coke for $50 bucks to just leave around the house for the 8s 9s and suicide 10s on the KIP scale ; one little bump and a 10 KIP is gone in 10 - 15 min Yeah I'll take that and still have more than half the gram when my 5 - 6 month episode is over . I dont think that makes me coke head.     I  dont have insurance for medically prescribed lidocaine or else I would try it                                                                                                                                                I REALLY hope I didnt offend anybody here. Thats not what I set out to do. I know I am new to this message board BUT I am not new to CH!! I am just trying to see what works best for ME and writing my findings here. I AM NOT TRYING TO TELL OR PERSUADE ANYONE HERE INTO ANYTHING I'M EXPERIMENTING WITH. I just think that there are some sufferers here that like to party and might want to know. Its nice to talk to people who suffer b/c I dont know anyone personally who does.                                                                                                                                                                            P.S.  As far as partying gos :  I like some red wine or beer a few times a week ; some pot a few times a month ; and some coke a few times a year. And the occasional mushroom (concerts and camping) which I will also be experimenting with for the CH as I hear they are good for them and keeping hits down. NOT THAT I'M SAYING GO EAT AN EIGHT OF MUSHROOMS !!!!!!    
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 11:52am by hatethebeast »  

IP Logged

hatethebeast
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NJ USA
Reply #54 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:35am

This is what I replied to Sunsets post : " Hey sunset I feel your pain. Been dealing with these God awful clusters for 12 years now. I too am in love with Mary Jane for 15 years. But when the beast is around I dump her ass QUICK!! Its just not worth it. Cant even enjoy the high and if by chance you dont get a hit while your high the whole time your worried that you will. Been smoking cigs for 17 years now and that doesnt seem to be a trigger(thats me though) Just wait untill your episode is over and then role the fattest one you ever rolled , put on some Floyd and enjoy!!!   Cheesy Thats my plan. GL "                      But instead of just pacing back and forth a few times a day and hating everyone I decided to experiment after I posted this. And I'm glad I did !!!! Because I found a some things that help!!    

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #55 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 7:52am

Quote:
Linda_Howell wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:28pm:
Please don't thank him Mezza.   He isn't a Guinea pig for anyone HERE and is in my mind...a moron.  he is serving only himself, and badly at that!

Now Linda and others,
He is a grown man and will live, and die, with the choices he makes in his fight against the beast.  All be it, most will not agree with his choices and some will even criticize him for those choices he has chosen to share with his fellow Clusterheads.  Don't you think it is a little much to insult him, or anyone, for the way they choose to approach the beast?  We all have our own way of dealing with it, and it is just not nessassary to spew such venom.  

Or how about this, as in the words of Amiel:  "Oh, do not let us wait to be just or pitiful or demonstrative toward those we love until they or we are struck down by illness or threatened with death! Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh, be swift to love, make haste to be kind!"
Thomas

Thanks for that, Thomas. I certainly don't agree with his methods, but I will try to be kind.

Pain free wishes to you, hatethebeast. You, too, Thomas.  Smiley

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 7:57am

hatethebeast wrote on Sep 30th, 2008 at 1:58am:
Icedragon : I do get less hits the day after drinking ( 0 - 1 as opposed to 2 - 3) Not sure why that is though.    Kevin M wrote "The question though has been "why" use these kinds of triggers known to yourself?" My answer to that is ; If I am going to be dealing with CH the next 30 or so years I want to take advantage of the time that I get them now while Im still young to figure out what not to do in the future. Right now I have a high tolerance to pain ( due to the CH) Who knows 10 years from now. I also have some breathing exercises that eases the pain (5 or under on the KIP scale)   BarbaraD  wrote "I found some Molly Jane in Jamica that stopped a hit dead in it's tracks"  I was just wondering if you remember what it was that you smoked ??  BarbaraD  Also wrote " Don't bother me at all to sit in a bar and drink tea or coffee.."        Thats good for you but its not my cup of tea to sit in a bar unless Im drinking and Im sure that gos for a lot of people here.   mezza wrote " I think that's where some may differ from you- the definition of living-  snorting cocaine( not medically prescribed lidocaine) and smoking pot recreationally is not on my top 100 list of fun things to do to stay on top of my social game.   In or out of cycle.   That kind of 'fun' living is associated with far too much risk for me- the ultimate one being the livelihood of my family"   I can appreciate that what Im doing is a risk for you b/c of your family but I am single and dont mind the risk. As far as " snorting cocaine" gos I only dabble a few times a year (unless Im having an episode that year then maybe a few extra times)     Linda Howell wrote "Please don't thank him Mezza.   He isn't a Guinea pig for anyone HERE and is in my mind...a moron.  he is serving only himself, and badly at that!"  I dont know where you come off calling me a moron but you are right about me being a Guinea pig for myself. As I stated before these are MY findings for MYSELF and maybe some people that get CH like to party like MYSELF!!  So since sometimes I get an episode for 5 - 6 months and I dont want to stop partying; I know not to mix wine and weed or I CAN smoke just weed as long as I have a cup of coffee ready just in case AND know if I drink that cup of joe the beast is gone within 15 mins and can still enjoy the rest of my high. OR when my episode starts now I know I can buy a gram of coke for $50 bucks to just leave around the house for the 8s 9s and suicide 10s on the KIP scale ; one little bump and a 10 KIP is gone in 10 - 15 min Yeah I'll take that and still have more than half the gram when my 5 - 6 month episode is over . I dont think that makes me coke head. I  dont have insurance for medically prescribed lidocaine or else I would try it      I REALLY hope I didnt offend anybody here. Thats not what I set out to do. I know I am new to this message board BUT I am not new to CH!! I am just trying to see what works best for ME and writing my findings here. I AM NOT TRYING TO TELL OR PERSUADE ANYONE HERE INTO ANYTHING I'M EXPERIMENTING WITH. I just think that there are some sufferers here that like to party and might want to know. Its nice to talk to people who suffer b/c I dont know anyone personally who does.                       P.S.  As far as partying gos :  I like some red wine or beer a few times a week ; some pot a few times a month ; and some coke a few times a year. And the occasional mushroom (concerts and camping) which I will also be experimenting with for the CH as I hear they are good for them and keeping hits down. NOT THAT I'M SAYING GO EAT AN EIGHT OF MUSHROOMS !!!!!!    

Has the paragraph gone out of style?

When I see a post like this, my eyes go nuts and I won't even read it. It hurts too much.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #57 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 8:46am

hatethebeast wrote on Sep 30th, 2008 at 1:58am:
Kevin M wrote "The question though has been "why" use these kinds of triggers known to yourself?" My answer to that is ; If I am going to be dealing with CH the next 30 or so years I want to take advantage of the time that I get them now while Im still young to figure out what not to do in the future.

I see that if you replace "dealing" with "partying", it makes more sense.

Quote:
...some people that get CH like to party like MYSELF!!  So since sometimes I get an episode for 5 - 6 months and I dont want to stop partying;

I am just trying to see what works best for ME and writing my findings here.

Choices, for "living".  Future reporting could be titled more informing.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 8:48am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #58 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:01am

Okay, I am probably going to get myself into trouble here, but.......
Anyone who is not willing (or able) to give up partying while in cycle, has a problem.  Just my opinion, of course.   If your "good time" is more important than your PF time, I think that your priorities are mixed up.

I'm sure that I will get a lot of criticism for saying that but I do believe it!  As far as advocating dangerous and illegal drugs as an option to abort a HA?  I don't support it.  Yes, there are some Clusterbuster methods that are also illegal.  However, these methods are tested, proven methods that are currently being studied by doctors as a way to relieve our pain.  Telling any one that using Cocaine is helpful in treating CH is irresponsible and dangerous.  

So, IMHO, hatethebeast is either trying to continue the debate that Geewilly got such a response from, has a problem, or really just doesn't  " hatethebeast" all that much as he is willing to endure him for the sake of  partying.

Jeannie
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:20am by Jeannie »  

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Jeff2
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Tipton|USA||0|0|MI,Michigan
Reply #59 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:15am

Holy Crap, hatethebeast!  When I'm in cycle even the sound of a beer being opened puts me in panic-mode. The thought of adding any more chemicals to the cocktail of abortives/preventatives running through my system makes me shudder. I'm finding that the cleaner I try to go, the shorter and less severe the cycle.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #60 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:54am

If the shit made ya brilliant it would be called smart.  It's called dope for a reason.

Potter

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #61 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 11:25am

Potter wrote on Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:54am:
If the shit made ya brilliant it would be called smart.  It's called dope for a reason.

Potter

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Smiley Smiley

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #62 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 1:31pm

Quote:
Now Linda and others,
He is a grown man and will live, and die, with the choices he makes in his fight against the beast

Your absolutely correct Thomas.   He is an adult and he can snort Cocaine, smoke pot and drink til he pukes if that is what he thinks will help him.  What I have a problem with is his posting it here in such a way that our newcomers here (who are desperate most of the time) might get a totally incorrect view of treatments and how to help themselves.

Most of us who have been here a long time feel an over-whelming need and RESPONSIBILTY  to protect newcomers and welcome them and support them and try to give as accurate advice to them as possible.

Let me apologize for calling you a moron and change it to...."You are very seriously mis-guided"
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:01pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 1:38pm

Quote:
Quote:
Now Linda and others,
He is a grown man and will live, and die, with the choices he makes in his fight against the beast

Your absolutely correct Thomas.   He is an adult and he can snort Cocaine, smoke pot and drink til he pukes if that is what he thinks will help him.  What I have a problem with is his posting it here in such a way that our newcomers here (who are desperate most of the time) might get a totally incorrect view of treatments and how to help themselves.

Most of us who have been here a long time feel an over-whelming need and RESPONSIBILTY  to protect newcomers and welcome them and support them and try to give as accurate advice to them as possible.

I couldn't agree more. You rock Linda.
the bb Cool

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:01pm

Linda,
I feel like you are taking my point out of context.  Of course, You do not have to agree with what he is doing, and I admire that you are willing to speak your mind for the protection, or guidance of newcomers.  I am only trying to point out that we can have a kind approach with the same if not better results.  When a person starts attacking anothers character/intelligence you start to lose credibility.  I think the newbies, although desperate, are smart enough to see what does and does not work for most.  And you never know, even though it is not something that most would agree with, it might be something that a person with no insurance and no other means to fight the beast has but this one option.  We all know what works for some does not work for others.  If it is something that helps an individual fight the beast as oppossed to the alternative, then why not let it be put out there with out being attacked.  Opposed, criticized... fine, attacking not so good.  Leave the name calling to the trolls...

Thomas
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:02pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #65 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:07pm

Just as you wrote this, I edited my post.  I apologized for calling him a moron and changed it.

I STAND by the rest of my post however.  Wink

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #66 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:29pm

Point taken, Thomas, however:

Quote:
And you never know, even though it is not something that most would agree with, it might be something that a person with no insurance and no other means to fight the beast has but this one option.  

Sorry--but I just can't buy into the "Jean Valjean" argument.  It's cocaine--not a loaf of bread. 

Besides--there are any number of other, more effective options (including welder's oxygen) to use as an abortive.  It's difficult to believe that some theoretical someone who could afford to buy coke couldn't afford a tank of oxygen.  There are plenty of folks here who'd GIVE him a regulator and a mask.

Nope, ain't buying it.

Best,

George   

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 3:10pm

George,
I am sure you have seen posts saying that O2 does not work for some suffers, Yes?  You don't have to buy it, but it is for sale.  Just as one man's trash can be another man's treasure, what one man considers to be trash can be another man's savior...   Not everything is black and white.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #68 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 3:41pm

This thread and the ensuing pissin match is a push. 

Potter

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #69 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 12:31pm

I haven't read though this whole thread and I can only imagine some of the comments, but here is my input.  Smoking anything whether it is a cigarette, cigar, weed, or even bystander smoke is a trigger.  It's the #1 trigger for me even over alcohol.  I like my occassional dank bud, but NEVER during a cycle.  I'm pretty much rec. drug free (except shrooms) over that period.  All my habits change including those foods that trigger.  I actually exercise more which is a good thing.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #70 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 12:41pm

Quote:
Actually Beth, it is and I have seen posters say they have had Rx for this very thing on this very board.  I believe I saw it on "the stand up and be counted" thread.  Here have a look:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Acutally coke never helped for me while in college.  I did it from time time and actually got kip 4 through a coke high.  Needless to say, I ruled that out as a weapon against the beast.  Shrooms are the only illegal substance that has been successful for me and that I figured out by accident.  I just thought I had a short cycle, but after reading this forum, I'm quite sure it aborted my cycle all together.  I plan on trying it again next cycle.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #71 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 1:49pm

Safe Alcohol ????       Please don't tease.   I've got a pile of Miller Lites calling out to me and I don't dare even hold one.
Just Kiddin.

I did have a great idea years ago that maybe if I got completely hammered that I wouldn't notice the pain.  Not one of my better ideas.  Trying to cope with the beast while inebreated was a very difficult task.

I think I'll wait! Cheesy

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 3:07pm

Is there a safe, loaded .38 I can point at my head and fire?

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 3:16pm

I seen .38 Special in concert Smiley

IP Logged

david_dps
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

israel
Reply #74 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 7:15am

pot is  like booz it dose the same for cluster
i somke and it starts tha pain

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!