Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone tried Lyrica? (Read 1322 times)
River
CH.com Newbie

Hope for Tomorrow

Texas
Has anyone tried Lyrica?
Sep 24th, 2008 at 9:35am

My GP put my on Lyrica to stop the cycle.  I don't know if I'm just lucky or the Lyrica helped, but I didn't have a CH last night.  I still feel the hangover HA this AM like I did have a CH last night.
Has anyone else ever been put on Lyrica to stop an episode?
River

River

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Re: Has anyone tried Lyrica?
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 10:49am

I'm currently taking 300mg but not for my headaches but for my back. I hadn't really thought about in terms of my attacks but they have decreased over the last 2 weeks. Not sure whether it's from the Lyrica or not, I'll pay closer attention.

IP Logged

River
CH.com Newbie

Hope for Tomorrow

Texas
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 11:39am

Sep 24th, 2008 at 11:38am
My only problem is that if I take Lyrica during the day it makes me sleepy, or it could be I am so exhausted from the CHs that I am tired.  You never know what works.  This GP has never dealt with me and CHs.  She was however very knowledgable, and suggested trying something different.  I am willing to try anything!!  If this doesn't work she said we could try  Topamax, etc.  I would like to try the Lyrica during the day to get rid of this nasty after HA feeling that lingers, but I need to wait until I have the option of sleeping.
It makes sense, Lyrica deals with nerves and CHs are trigeminal and optical nerve pain....
Will keep you posted, it may be a fluke....worth trying.
/me  Roll Eyes

River

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 11:58am

I'ver had a little dizziness from time to time but that's about it...how many milligrams are you taking?

IP Logged

River
CH.com Newbie

Hope for Tomorrow

Texas
Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 12:01pm

I am allowed to take 50 mg up to three times a day to help with the after pain, haven't tried it yet, will this weekend. Before bed 150 mg.
River

River

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 5:49am

I took a high dose for back pain and it did nothing for my ch.  I hope it is working for you!!!!

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

River
CH.com Newbie

Hope for Tomorrow

Texas
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 2:02pm

Unfortunately the Lyrica was just Coincidence for me.  My CHs are back and worse than ever!  Now I'm even getting mini CHs during the day.  I am at my wits end here.  Going to try accupuncture and REd Thunder along with Topamax.  I can't deal with this much longer.
I have tried the O2 non-rebreather 10-12 LPM, cold frozen towels, nothing helps.  
Does anyone else get Chs during the day?
Wish me luck!!!!!!
River

River

IP Logged

shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 3:20pm

River,

Was getting mine every 2 hours 24/7 when  I didn't have one going I was anticipating the next... When I was sleeping, I dreamt about them until one woke me up..... I didn't sleep much... I was going crazy....considered trying the ultimate cure.. Fortunately, the thought of family and friends kept me going. I'm over that now. I get choked up just thinking about it and am tearing up as I type this.( don't get me wrong, I a big strong guy)

Hang in there... It will end. Just think of family, friends and those of us who have been where you are now and have made it through. YOU WILL MAKE  IT.

PS. I used a heat pad on the side that hurt. It helped a little.

Jim

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!