Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Time to Vent (Read 2387 times)
Roy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Time to Vent
Sep 28th, 2008 at 8:49am

Hi, I am into my 8th week of CH's. Damnnnnn I now use the 02 with verapamil, hot washcloths and that's it. I am up to 8 to 10 ch's a day now. The kilers come on aroune 11 AM TO 4 PM. Then the short ones show up till 1 am,  I am useing about 8 to 12 "E" tanks of 02 a week.on 6 to 15 litres.At this point of 8 weeks I am completly draind now, no energy, stare at the tv an don't care what's on it. talk with the wife is my only refuge now. She has been a Godsend for me. Just her being here is enough.She is drained too, I can tell but she won't say it, (wives are that way ya know).. After a CH we hug and cry together. My left side of my face and forehead are so tender all the time now, my eye aches a lot now also. this all comes with the territory I guess. Dinner at our house now consists of short quick meals that can be put on hold  till the ch's pass.
This time around with my ch's I have been getting them on my left side as always , BUT they are now starting in my right side and work their way over for 10 to 15 min an hit me hard in the left.
I will fight this lil bastard till he goes  ..........
Sorry needed to vent this morning. getting tired of the pain and not going out because I have so many a day.
thanks gang....Roy

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Time to Vent
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 9:04am

Know just how you feel, Roy, and if you're looking for sympathy, empathy or anything at all you've got it in spades with bells on.

Hey, have you tried Red Bull of the other energy drinks yet? A lot of people reckon they're pretty good if chug-a-lugged at the first sign of a hit.

And please say g'day to the missus for me.  I like her already.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 9:06am

Vent away Roy.  That's why we are here.  I hope this ends for you soon.

Forgive me but I have a few questions:

How short are your abort times?  Maybe a higher flow rate (25lpm) could help?
How long are you staying on the O2?  Perhaps staying on longer would prevent some of the reattacks from 11-4pm.

It doesn't sound like you are getting a lot of relief from the Verapamil. 
What dosage are you on?
What formulation are you using (SR vs. regular release)?
How long have you been taking it?

There may be some things that the good folks here can help you tweak to get some relief. 

Give that wonderful wife of your's a hug for me.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 9:07am

Sorry you are having a tough time of it, Roy. Sounds like you have one awesome supporter, and that means all the world to a CH sufferer.
Good to hear you have o2 and are using a prevent such as Verapamil. Hang in there, you are with others who know what you are going through.

Barry

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 10:13am

I'm with Aussie -- chug a Red Bull at the first sign and then get on the O2 (at the highest flow rate) with a non-rebreather mask.

We all know where you're coming from and are here for ya. Hang in there.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 12:49pm

Quote:
Damnnnnn I now use the 02 with verapamil, hot washcloths and that's it. I am up to 8 to 10 ch's a day now.
Using 02 for up to 20 to 25 minutes will increase the time between hits.
Add a little caffeine or Redbull and you have another weapon. There are many more out there. Your not down yet. Kick demon a$$ Cool
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 2:15pm

Hi Roy and welcome to the family.  You will find everyone here very helpful.  Vent away my friend.  You will get a treasure trove of advice here.   

Regarding your supporter, get her on the supporters board.  I'm a supporter myself and this place has been a great outlet for me and it just might help her too.

Try not to let the beast get you down.  You only have one life and you need to live it.  The beast wants to get you down and take you away from doing all the things that you love.  Don't let it, kick some demon ass.  I know it's easier said than done.

Hoping for PFDAN for you soon.

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:07pm

Hi Roy,  Flipperlips/Jen is my wife she is the one that got me to start posting here and Im glad she did.  So go give yor wife a hug for me and try to get her too start posting, it helps the supporters to she will be able to understand a little better.  Your one of the lucky ones like myself that seem to have a good supporter,  my heart goes out to all my brothers and sisters here that dont have that.  Good luck and welcome home..      Phil

IP Logged

worst pain ever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:57pm

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I too am suffering well into my 22nd week of chs. I was getting the multiple hits(8 to 10 per day) also. I finally got a little relief when my doc prescribed amitryptaline at 50mgs before bedtime. Now I only get one to two bad hits a day and I use imitrex injectable to fight them off. I don't have O2 yet as I am still waiting for a referral to a neuro.I was where you are just a few short weeks ago and I'm not to far from there now so I Hope you get some relief soon. Hang in there man. Smiley wishing you PF days soon

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:57pm

Roy,   if you have a regulator that goes to 15 lpm...please don't try to abort at 6 lpm.  Crank that sucker up as high as it will go.  6lpm wouldn't do anything for me at all.  I'd be just wasting it.  Better yet, if you can afford it...go on E-bay and get a 25 lpm regulator.  The difference will amaze you.

Give your wife a hug from me too.   Kiss

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:21pm

Hi Roy

Sorry your having such a hard time mate all i can do is agree with the rest of these folks we are here and we understand keep fighting  bro

Brian

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Reply #11 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 8:47pm

I am sad you are getting so down. And your wife sounds like a beautiful person! Nothing like 2 months of terrible hits to humble me and make me appreciate the good stuff. I am glad you have such a good in home support - it makes a lot of difference!

Hang in there buddy, you've found some allies here so vent away, rest up and get ready to kick some CH ass!

We're pulling for you here! Please report back in as things go on!

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!