Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My mothers Mushroom experiences (Read 7175 times)
Ink
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

My mothers Mushroom experiences
Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:13am

Hi there,
I'm new here and this is the first question I'm going to ask you all after my dad and I read a LOT of the experiences on this board. My mother (64) suffers from Cluster Headache and we're pretty desperate most of the times about her situation. I think you can call her a (mild) chronic because she gets hit every night one's or twice and suffers from heavy headaches and as she calls it; "a very bad head" every day for the last 3 years.
I've read a lot about the Mushroom treatment and got so hopeful and could easily convince her to go for this after telling her about the fantastic results many of you had.
We live in Holland so it's very easy to by them and we're experimenting with fresh Mexican Mushrooms.

-The first 2 times she was still on Verapamil, Maxalt and Imigran so she didn't feel a thing from the 12 gram fresh Shrooms and also nothing changed the days after.
-Then she managed to get rid of ALL her medications for 5 days and tried it again and chewed and swallowed 18 gram fresh. Nothing happened.
- Again but now 19 or 20 grams. This time she had a beautiful mild trip experience and told me her head felt very CLEAR and peaceful during the experience. But still the daily routine did not change after this.
- again after the prescribed 5 days; 20 grams fresh swallowed in 10 minutes. This time the taste of the mushrooms was so horrible she almost could not deal with it and had a very weird, quite unpleasant and most of all COLD experience. And most important; no clearness this time....

So basically we're a little disappointed by now. I really believe in this treatment and so do my mom and dad! After all the success-stories we've read....
I know that in some cases you should repeat this treatment a lot before you can break the cycle.
What can we do....?? Go on with this or try the SEEDS?? I understand this worked great too for a lot of you! I've already checked with the same store were we by the Mushrooms and they sell : Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds.

thanks! and good luck to everyone,
Ink

IP Logged

darknight
CH.com Veteran

Ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight?

x0|Manchester|Great_Britain||0|0|
Re: My mothers Mushroom experiences
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 8:09am

HAS SHE TRIED OXYGEN?

This is My Gift My Curse!!

IP Logged

Ink
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 8:31am

thanks for your reply,

Yes, she tried oxygen for I guess 10 days now. She finally got it after a lot of talking to a lot of docter's. I don't know wy this must be so hard to get... It did not do her any good yet, but she keeps taking it and my father ordered a new mask from Denmark last week because this mask does not fit a 100%. So now she waits for this new mask. She inhales 7 L. for 15 minutes. Maybe she should take more?? or longer??

But the thing is; she just phoned me and told me she feels GOOD! no headache today and this past night... We don't know if it's:

- a late reaction to the mushrooms (now 1 week ago) or
- the Magnesium, Taurine capsules and Vitamine B6 she took for the last 2 days...(we read about these suplements on the board).
- or just one of those very rare days that she's just Pain Free out of the blue....(and feeling alive and kicking!) Smiley

Ink

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:02pm

Hi Ink,

Thanks so much for being in your Mother's corner like this.  You are an amazing person.

I don't have any experience with mushrooms but I will say that 7lpm of Oxygen isn't going to get the job done.  Minimum 15lpm is needed.  I personally use 25lpm and see better results than with 15lpm.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:20pm

I have had shrooms fail, only to work again the next time. It does take a day or two, to a week for the demon to settle down after using shrooms. I am on maintenance doses now. It has taken me up to four shroom doses to break an episode, it is slightly different for everyone I think. I would stay on detox mode and use 35 to 40 Rivea Corymbosa seeds for a dose. The better the detox the more effect from the alternatives. Give the bastard demon the old one,two. That's what I would do if it were me. RC seeds are easier to prepare and dose with than HWBR.
Careful and the best of luck.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:54pm

Hi Ink,

I'm a Dutchman as well, and did the clusterbusting. If you like you can send me a PM so we can talk about it.

And yes, the regulators on our tanks here go from 7 to 12 LPM. That's how our neurologists prescribe it. So try to upp the valve to 12.

Greetings, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Poli
CH.com Junior

Alicante|Spain|Europe
Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:03pm

Hola Ink, well done. I think you just have to adjust it all, O2 at 12/15 lpm with a Non-Rebreather mask, and cubensis once a week, detoxed.
I take 4 gr dry from sjamaan once a month for maintenance, it took me 8 weeks but I'm now 30 months painfree, it's worth a try...
Tell her to enjoy this meanwhile Mr Honguito is doing his job in her Hipotalamusthingy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Thanks a lot for your support, and try to keep this legal for us.
Saludos
Poli

http://es-la.facebook.com/people/Poli_Cortes/14423  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 12:31am

Ink wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:13am:
-The first 2 times she was still on Verapamil, Maxalt and Imigran so she didn't feel a thing from the 12 gram fresh Shrooms and also nothing changed the days after.
-Then she managed to get rid of ALL her medications for 5 days and tried it again and chewed and swallowed 18 gram fresh. Nothing happened.

This first "detoxed" dose probably also had little or no effect on the clusters, from the sounds of it. ("nothing happened") Depending on how much and for how long she had been using the triptans, it sometimes takes a little longer for the washout. Not sure why but there does seem to be some connection.

- Again but now 19 or 20 grams. This time she had a beautiful mild trip experience and told me her head felt very CLEAR and peaceful during the experience. But still the daily routine did not change after this.

This is a description of an ideal dose amount for most people. It's also a very good sign that this treatment will work for her. (The CLEAR part) This is the first dose that showed some effect so its not uncommon that there was still no noticable improvement,,,,,yet.

- again after the prescribed 5 days; 20 grams fresh swallowed in 10 minutes. This time the taste of the mushrooms was so horrible she almost could not deal with it and had a very weird, quite unpleasant and most of all COLD experience. And most important; no clearness this time....

They can taste down right awful. Best to dry them from now on and grind them up to make a tea. Much better tasting and will get into the system more efficiently.
The coldness is common. The unpleasantness was most likely caused by starting off the experience with bad taste....queasy stomach? etc.
Set and setting are very important. Quiet, peaceful, pleasant surroundings will more likely produce a like experience.

So basically we're a little disappointed by now. I really believe in this treatment and so do my mom and dad! After all the success-stories we've read....
I know that in some cases you should repeat this treatment a lot before you can break the cycle.
What can we do....??

Give it a little time.

Go on with this or try the SEEDS?? I understand this worked great too for a lot of you! I've already checked with the same store were we by the Mushrooms and they sell : Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds.

Seeds are an option but.......Give the mushrooms a chance.....especially seeing where you live!!! Can I rent a room?? Wink

thanks! and good luck to everyone,
Ink

Ink wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 8:31am:
thanks for your reply,

Yes, she tried oxygen for I guess 10 days now. She finally got it after a lot of talking to a lot of docter's. I don't know wy this must be so hard to get... It did not do her any good yet, but she keeps taking it and my father ordered a new mask from Denmark last week because this mask does not fit a 100%. So now she waits for this new mask. She inhales 7 L. for 15 minutes. Maybe she should take more?? or longer??

As everyone said........full blast!!!!

But the thing is; she just phoned me and told me she feels GOOD! no headache today and this past night... We don't know if it's:

- a late reaction to the mushrooms (now 1 week ago) or

One week is not a late reaction. See....it only took two posts in cycber time, to show some improvement.
Wink

- the Magnesium, Taurine capsules and Vitamine B6 she took for the last 2 days...(we read about these suplements on the board).

These may also have had some impact and I would suggest sticking to them all. After the cycle is broken, we can all debate which one it was that did the trick.

- or just one of those very rare days that she's just Pain Free out of the blue....(and feeling alive and kicking!) Smiley

I have the feeling that these pain free days are going to stop being so rare.

BobW

Ink

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 12:49am

"I have the feeling that these pain free days are going to stop being so rare.

BobW"

Keep us posted Ink. Wishing the very best for Mom.

MJ

IP Logged

Ink
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 3:03am

thank's a lot for responding!  Smiley

Yes, I think we're going to give this time. and Yes the O2 on full blown. Wink

One more thing: the headaches changed since my mom experiences with the shrooms...the days after (even after the "clear head" experience) she's got the feeling of "bricks" in her head. Lot's of nasty "trigger"-points/ nerve-pain (as she calls it) kind of feeling. This headache is totally NEW to her.  This new headache moves from back to forth, from left to right. She said she feels the pain on 10 different places in her head and does not have anything to do with the usual CH-feeling. Eventually the pain settles down on top of her head...
The "nerve-pain"-feeling made her quite scared because it comes on very sharp and strong. When she has a cluster-attack the headache always stays at one point: left and behind one eye.

Did anyone experience a new headache after Psylocibine as well??

All the best to all of you!
Ink

IP Logged

QWERTY
CH.com Newbie

Fighting the fight since

Pennsylvania
Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 7:05pm

Figure I'll chime in here Wink

First, some background. I was big into shrooms recreationally before I began my journey through hell. 6-7g dried about once a week, needless to say I can relate quite well to the trip feeling.

After finding this great page, I found another page in the links section of ch.com calls clusterbusters. I recommend (if you haven't yet) checking them out, a LOT of great information regarding the Psylocibes in shrooms and our ch's. I now keep (illegal albeit here in the states) 1-2 grams dried shrooms with me at all times, and leave the rest (4-7g) at home as my medication. I have used them for the past 4 weeks for my attacks and they abort beautifully with 1-2 grams poped in my mouth, chewed and swallowed. Then a glass of water to wash it down (doesn't taste too good lol). A few minuets later I'm good to go with no trip feeling and a VERY slight body "buzz". I have begun a preventative treatment, once a week now I will ingest 1g via tea made with the shrooms (also outlined in clusterbuster). To say the least, I am now PF for 2 weeks Smiley Yay! And this is in the middle of my normal cycle (late summer to late winter).

Long story short, O2 works wonders if you can do that to bust her CH's I'd recommend it before going with something potentially illegal, especially in dried form. I also have never had a rebound headache after shrooms, nor any shadows until the next day after they vacated my system.

I've personally also never experienced anything like your describing after my recreational use of shrooms in the past. Perhaps there's more going on than just the CH's?

All the best,

Jeremy

-Founder of the Rat Club of Pennsylvania Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register-&&&&When I finally see satan, I'm gonna kick him in the balls for this torture.
kb3dlp  
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 9:11pm

Can anyone tell me if shrooms work better than rc seeds?

IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus

I love C12 H16 N2O!

West London, UK, Europe
Reply #12 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 7:40am

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if shrooms work better than rc seeds?

-Lee

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:22pm

Did anyone experience a new headache after Psylocibine as well??

When I detoxed (too quickly), I experienced something that rivals CH.  She could be suffering withdrawal from the detox.  Tat is just my unscientfic opinion

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Ink
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 12:28pm

Hello again,

Well, as much as I believe in this alternitive, Mushroom therapy, and I REALY do....it sure doesn't help my mother. Also the O2 still dos not work. (is she the only one or what??) I just spoke to her and she was totally desperate and in tears. She took the shrooms for at least 6 times now and still suffers from strong headaches to heavy attacks all the time.
I'm starting to lose faith here. and it makes me feel very down and depressed.
How I hate it to see someone I love so much suffer all the time.

What the F. can we do?

She started with Melatonine since 5 days by the way.

good luck to you all and all the best,
Ink

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:25pm

You could follow up with a couple of doses of RC seeds.
all the best and tell mother hey.
thebb

IP Logged

el-ny
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|brooklyn|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 9:25am

Im sorry to ask but are you/doctors/mom sure she has clusters? To tell you the truth there is a possibility that what she has is not CH. That might be why none of our therapies work. I know some people are major sufferers but to see that nothing(even o2) is giving her any help what so ever is alot unsual. IMO

IP Logged

robbyson
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #17 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 1:42pm

ik heb ook Ch ...woon in groningen ...vorig jaar rond deze tijd begennon de aanvallen weer echt heftig ....heb toen bakje paddo's gegeten ...paar dagen later alles klaar ... geen pijn meer voor paar maanden ... toen heb ik weer paddo's gehad deze keer voor de lol ....tot nov geen last gehad ....2 week geleden zijn de aanvallen weer begonnen ...heb bakje hawaiaanse paddos gekocht .... maar deze keer geen succes ...heb elke dag aanval (en) ....ga binnen kort die mexicaanse nog maar eens testen .... en heb ook lsd geregeld ... moet alles proberen om van deze crap af te komen ....ga kapot ....al moet ik heroine spuiten ... veel succes en sterkte  Cheesy

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #18 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 6:43pm

HiRobbyson,

Nice to see a fellow Dutchman here, and as you are from the north, I am from the southernmost part. Heerlen, near Maastricht, to be precisely.
But I´m gonna have to ask you to write in English here, as this is an international board... no one here knows what you wrote except for me and some others.
And never and I mean never, consider heroin to be a painkiller. Morphin does not work, so heroin won´t either. I mean it!

Greetings, Pascal.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #19 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 10:48pm

Pascal,

As you live in Heerlen near Maastricht, I've got a question for you...  Joyce and I were on travel in in the Netherlands while I was speaking at a conference at the SHAPE Technical Center and staying at a bed & breakfast in the outskirts of Den Haag.  We had dinner in Scheveningen at delightful little restaurant a block from the Nordsee.  The next night we took a bus with all the conference attendees to a  restaurant with a very authentic medieval motif called Der Moll in Maastricht.  The waiters and waitresses were dressed and made up as trolls and goblins. That was in ten years ago so I'm sure it's either no longer in business or the name has changed.  We ate everything but the soup with our hands.  I know it's a long shot, but is it still there?

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #20 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 10:52pm

Are you sure the mushroom didn't help the CH and what she is experiencing is a different type of headache? 

I do know quite a number of people experience a HUGE hit or two after dosing with shrooms, but then the activity usually calms down - sometimes it does shift around.  Importantly, the CH is reacting to the psilocybin.

While it may be time to "give up" on the treatment, it may also be time to consider trying a different administration, or timing, or ensuring that she's not on any meds that interefere.

Hubby stopped responding to psilocybin treatment, and 02 didn't work - but he was on something that interfered with the treatment (for his GI system, which was causing serious problems for him at the time).

I would - if you haven't - spend time at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register, especially the Mushroom FAQs section. And I've PMed someone who may have further thoughts on the matter that may be helpful for you.

Wishing your mom PFDAN,

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Ink
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:10am

Hi There,

Thank you all for responding to me, I appreciate this a lot!

Well, my mom, Corry, stopped experimenting with the shrooms after, I think, 6 sessions. The attacks did not stop and the mushrooms made her feel so very nauseous and ill, she just did not believe it will ever work for her anymore.
By the way; december 1 is the day it becomes illegal in Holland too.... Corry is on and off Verapamil again and using a lot of Maxalt Melting tablets. Maxalt tablets usually abort her attacks in half an hour but time's are hard suffering from very severe attacks. And the thing is: when she does not have an attack she feels ill....(?)
Yesterday she started with another Prednisone cure for one week. This is actually the only medicine that really works for her and will usually get her PF for about 2 weeks. O2 still does not do her any good, even in a higher doses....
We're very happy that Corry finally has an appointment with this very famous Headache centre in Dokkum in Holland. This centre has a waiting period of 8 (!!!) YEARS! But my parents kept on calling and luckily they phoned the centre at the right time because some other patient dropped out.
After this it's of to a (nature) doctor in Munich we heard great stories about. So we just keep trying to find a way to make this hell livable like all of you. I'm keeping the faith and hope high!!

all the best for all of you!
Ink

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #22 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 11:27pm

Nice to see a fellow Dutchman here, and as you are from the north, I am from the southernmost part. Heerlen, near Maastricht, to be precisely.
But I´m gonna have to ask you to write in English here, as this is an international board... no one here knows what you wrote except for me and some others.
And never and I mean never, consider heroin to be a painkiller. Morphin does not work, so heroin won´t either. I mean it!

Greetings, Pascal.

From what I gather Pascal...this man thinks that Heroin can relieve his CH?   Am I correct?   If you can,  will you please show him Svenn's ordeal post?   Please?   I guess you will have to translate it for him.

After being in a horrific accident and after a month on  Morphine, my youngest son was released with an addiction to Morphine which escalated to Heroin.  I have watched my 22 year old, bright-eyed, always smiling, upbeat and  talented son degenerate into something I wouldn't have imagined.  He is still fighting this.

I always feel like I MUST say something....just as Svenn has said something....if only one person can be helped by our stories...

You can do this person a great service Pascal.   Please, at least try.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

The Mad Viking
CH.com Sponsor

Always Look on The Bright
Side of Life

Oslo, Norway
Reply #23 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 2:58am

If i can help more directly "in english that is"just tell him/her to mail me at svennthorn2003@yahoo.no and i promise i will reply ASAP

Your friend Svenn

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life&&
WWW svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #24 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 9:10am

Batch wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 10:48pm:
Pascal,

As you live in Heerlen near Maastricht, I've got a question for you...  Joyce and I were on travel in in the Netherlands while I was speaking at a conference at the SHAPE Technical Center and staying at a bed & breakfast in the outskirts of Den Haag.  We had dinner in Scheveningen at delightful little restaurant a block from the Nordsee.  The next night we took a bus with all the conference attendees to a  restaurant with a very authentic medieval motif called Der Moll in Maastricht.  The waiters and waitresses were dressed and made up as trolls and goblins. That was in ten years ago so I'm sure it's either no longer in business or the name has changed.  We ate everything but the soup with our hands.  I know it's a long shot, but is it still there?

V/R, Batch

Hi Batch.
I've been through our area's yellow pages but can't find a restaurant called D'r Mol or something similar. If you could provide me with some more information, for example was it along the river De Maas, or around Het Vrijthof, or if you remember the street's name.
I'm sorry I haven't been of help, wish I could've.

Pascal.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!