Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lucky man (Read 3887 times)
thebbz
Ex Member

Lucky man
Oct 6th, 2008 at 4:59pm

Friggin hot head and fire eyes. The occaisional sharp jab behind the eye. I am lucky, nothing above a 2 or 3 on the Kip scale. I have a tool box full of demon beating weapons. Just refilled the Etanks. Coffee pot at the ready. Shrooms,seeds, a battery of herbal stuff on the way to try. Of course the tried and true, prednisone, imitrex, lithium combo.
A treatment plan from the neuro that includes, 02, a battery of prevents, and a local GP with a script pad and is not afraid to use it.
The ER staff all know me as the headache guy.(I tore up their waiting room once so they know to get me in quick.)
It's early this year the demon bastard. The alternatives are still holding their own. NO full blown CH episode yet. I have to say if it weren't for the alternatives,02, and caffeine I would be in alot more pain. So all things considered, I am a lucky man.
The CH is a bit different. I am on new ice here though. I haven't had to fight shadows like this before. I would be in a full blown episode for sure if not for the tools I have.He's back and he wants to make up for lost time. So sorry Demon from Hell, your in for a fight. I will win one way or the other.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Re: Lucky man
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:02pm

Quote:
I will win one way or the other

Too damn right you will!

Keep battling. Sounds like you've got all the ammo you need there. Sending vibes for the beast to leave you the hell alone sharpish.

Em
x

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

worst pain ever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:09pm

Great

Sounds like you got the twelve gauge loaded with slugs and at the ready
Hope you get the relief you are seeking.
Wishing you PF days and nights Smiley

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:14pm

i know i am lucky too not just cause i am prepared but all the great people that write me and encourage me to hang on.
John i am with you man whatever you need you can count on me.
prayers and vibes going your way.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:14pm

Now kick his demon ass to the curb!  Cool

We're all behind you if it gets "interesting".  Sounds like you have your ducks in order though.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:45pm

Nope. .  You're a lucky man because you have Joan.   Wink

Glad you have what you need.  We're here for you just as you've been here for others John.   Kick a$$ !!!!!!!!!

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:12pm

Never get in the way of a man with tools.

Good luck BBz, I'm sure you can fix it..
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:12pm by MJ »  

MJ

IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:19pm

kick a$$  john!

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:32pm

Quote:
Friggin hot head and fire eyes. The occaisional sharp jab behind the eye. I am lucky, nothing above a 2 or 3 on the Kip scale. I have a tool box full of demon beating weapons. Just refilled the Etanks. Coffee pot at the ready. Shrooms,seeds, a battery of herbal stuff on the way to try...
It's early this year the demon bastard. The alternatives are still holding their own. NO full blown CH episode yet. I have to say if it weren't for the alternatives,02, and caffeine I would be in alot more pain. So all things considered, I am a lucky man...
The CH is a bit different. I am on new ice here though. I haven't had to fight shadows like this before. I would be in a full blown episode for sure if not for the tools I have. He's back and he wants to make up for lost time...

all the best
the bb

Uh-oh!!!

Well John,  looks like we'll have a chance (maybe) to make a believer of you!  Hope so...  I think I'm a day or so behind you on the "Aw $hit" schedule - had my worst jab yet this morning, but not a genuine hit just yet.  I'm VERY confident I'll beat it, though! Cool

Good luck, and see you on the other side  Wink

Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:44pm

Well, that's just rotten, John.  Sorry to hear that the Black Dog has come sniffing around.

Hope your arsenal proves effective once again, and that this one is short, mild, and uneventful.

Stay frosty, and stay strong.  I know you will.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 6:42am

John, sounds like you are well prepared to stand up and do battle once again with the beast. We are all here for you. Strength in numbers! Wink

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:49pm

Hang in there John.  I know you'll give it your all.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 1:48pm

You guys are so COOL. I hate this condition with a passion. You can be relatively PF for as long as it lasts....you still have CH. I am so relieved to have to have the support only you guys can give. Of course Joan is #1 supporter. But if I told anyone else I was battling CH, I would get that deer in the headlights look and, Oh I get migraines. There is no one else that could even relate. Kilowatt, I have your ingredients on the way...hope I dont need to use'em.
Bend over Demon I got a little somethin, somethin for ya.!!! Smiley
all the best
thebb
Good to see ya posting again Edub.

IP Logged

andrewjb
CH.com Hall of Famer

when the love of power
becomes the power of
love !

x1|london|England|europe|185|238|
Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 2:49pm

stay on top of it ' thebb ', good times are coming. andrew.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:16pm

Quote:
You guys are so COOL. I hate this condition with a passion. You can be relatively PF for as long as it lasts....you still have CH. I am so relieved to have to have the support only you guys can give. Of course Joan is #1 supporter. But if I told anyone else I was battling CH, I would get that deer in the headlights look and, Oh I get migraines. There is no one else that could even relate. Kilowatt, I have your ingredients on the way...hope I dont need to use'em.
Bend over Demon I got a little somethin, somethin for ya.!!! Smiley
all the best
thebb
Good to see ya posting again Edub.

That is one GREAT post on SO many levels...I'm smilin' while looking at my etank...good on ya man, good on ya...

THANK YOU,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

hurts_so_good
CH.com Junior

Hate headaches, love Linux

Lurgan, UK
Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:12pm

Keep her goin' there thebbz, I'm with you all the way.

This is my worst time of the year as a rule but, for the first time, I've got meds.

I'd a brute in work last week (had to go outside and cry till it went), but I'm surviving better than I've ever survived before.

Went to the doc today to stock up on the meds to see me through (this babe normally lasts until December).

Loads of shadows, a few KIP 5's (one 7 - above), but nothing on the scale of past clusters. I'm even planning a holiday at a time when I would never have dreamt of doing so in the past.

Yeah, I've still got CH and I know it can still brutalise me but I'm taking comfort from the fact that this time last year my house was littered with damp facecloths - when my face wasn't in the fridge.

Quote:
Bend over Demon I got a little somethin, somethin for ya.!!!

Whatever ya got, stick it up the demon...and stick it well hard up that bag of scum.

Love all you guys.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:14pm by hurts_so_good »  

Help defeat cluster headaches - use Linux
imnotanaccountant  
IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:24pm

Beat his ass.  Wishing you luck.

Regards,

Malcom

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:51pm

Quote:
Whatever ya got, stick it up the demon...and stick it well hard up that bag of scum.

Right now I'm thinking pineapples....big ones. Tongue
Hee.he..he
thebb

IP Logged

hurts_so_good
CH.com Junior

Hate headaches, love Linux

Lurgan, UK
Reply #18 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 11:12pm

Make 'em fresh and make 'em big. Let him know he's the one lying down!

Good luck man.

Aidh, and don't take those spikey leaves off. They're the bit he'll enjoy least of all.  Grin

Help defeat cluster headaches - use Linux
imnotanaccountant  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #19 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 8:50am

Damn John sorry to hear he found your forwarding. Sad Hugs to you and Joan from Christy and I, miss you guys.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #20 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 10:03am

Buck up or lay there and bleed.

Potter

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #21 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 11:56am

Monkeyman,you SOOO have the attitude! Nothing breaks you, does it? 
I'm sorry you're needing the artillery, John. I hope the cycle is short lived and full of nothing!
Hugs to Joan!

cathi Kiss

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 2:41pm

Aw, the beast broke me many years ago. Now it is just not an option.
Too many ways to stay ahead of it. Like Potter said, Buck up, or lay there and bleed. I prefer fighting hard. Laying down is unbecoming of my character. There is always something that you can do. It should be noted that all the study about this condition and the information garnered here has made it much easier. The support means more that I can say.  Smiley SmileyWe have a wonderful thing here, Thanks Deej
Oh, I love 02 and seeds, it keeps the expiration date on the trex in the old and getting older aisle.
thebb

IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #23 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:21pm

[quote author=3E232422250925390931393932560 link=1223326791/0#15 date=1223431948]

Yeah, I've still got CH and I know it can still brutalise me but I'm taking comfort from the fact that this time last year my house was littered with damp facecloths - when my face wasn't in the fridge.
____

Had to *lol*; just because of this morning at 3:30am...there we were, me sitting on the counter & Jonny trying to stuff his whole body in the freezer of the fridge. I'm so glad we found people who "get" it. No, it's not a migraine. I would freaking just dance for absolute relief if he said to me "Don't worry, it's just a migraine." Migraines are bad, I'm not trying to debunk that...but that kind of pain is like...a broken arm being compared to an amputation without anesthetic!

Bless & hope you get releif soon!

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!