Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Dopiest responses to CH (Read 50319 times)
AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Dopiest responses to CH
Reply #225 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:22am

I recently had cause to smile.  Corresponding with a chronic who's doing it tough just now and she said,  "Yeah,  it's bad,  but it reminds you how lovely the flowers smell."

I remain at a loss for words.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #226 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:58am

The craziest I ever had was.....”You should wear a hat”.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #227 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:04am

You could easily make yourself a tin foil helmet Peter.  They stop aliens from being able to probe your brain which is surely the cause of CH. Grin

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #228 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:16pm

maz wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:04am:
You could easily make yourself a tin foil helmet Peter.  They stop aliens from being able to probe your brain which is surely the cause of CH. Grin

….ABSOLUTELY correct...and as Peter well knows...you MUST line the INSIDE of the foil with Blue Cheese.....

...personally... I always go with foil from a pre-Y2K bomb shelter...cuz after that the "gummint" mandated "radio holes"....and we ALL know what THAT means..…………….

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #229 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:32pm

AussieBrian wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:22am:
I recently had cause to smile.  Corresponding with a chronic who's doing it tough just now and she said,  "Yeah,  it's bad,  but it reminds you how lovely the flowers smell."

I remain at a loss for words.

thanks Brian.....me too...no words needed....I aspire to that equanimity.....

Best

Jon

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #230 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 2:49am

Jon,

It’s very simple........the only thing that really works is  to wear 2 pairs of socks.

Peter.c

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #231 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 5:04am

(From the archives of ch.com)

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in PFDs.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with those that offer advice. Speak your truth quietly and clearly before strangling those who'd offer goji berries at a price. Tread softly upon the genitals of capsaicin purveyors and torture only slowly the trolls who'd offer us a cure.

Listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, for they too have their stories of unimaginable migraines and tooth-ache. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit and a mere Kip-5 would kill 'em.

Exercise caution with the medical profession, for the world is full of trickery, but let this not blind you to the virtue there is in O2 and a good neuro. Many persons strive for high ideals but there is only one Deej. Especially, do not feign affection, for we love you as you are: CH and all.

Take kindly to the counsel of the oldsters, gracefully surrendering the years of mis-diagnosis. Nurture strength in spirit to shield you in sudden Kip-10. But do not distress yourself with imaginings as many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Thank you ch.com.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself and your supporters, especially when head-banging is all, for you are a child of the universe. No less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to demand imitrex, 25lpm and verapamil, or seek out clusterbusters should it be your desire. Frozen peas are our friends.

Therefore be at peace with your beast, whatever you conceive it to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul and ensure your arsenal is full.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a wonderful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy. PF times for all.

(With apologies to Max Ehrmann.)

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #232 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 5:29pm

Peter510 wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 2:49am:
Jon,

It’s very simple........the only thing that really works is  to wear 2 pairs of socks.

Peter.c

IP Logged

Edu Martins
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #233 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 12:33pm

hurts_so_good wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:38pm:
Anyway, what's the dopiest thing ever said to you when you mention CH?

When I was working on a marketing agency, my coordinator suggested that I look for spiritual work somewhere.

IP Logged

John2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #234 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:13pm

My most recent dopiest response.

"Have you heard of Karma? Maybe you did something in a past life to deserve this..." Sad

By the way Brian, what you wrote had me in tears by the end of the page. i'm going to print that out and hang it on my wall. Pain free days to all!
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:15pm by John2 »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #235 - Dec 1st, 2021 at 3:28am

Bumped for the benefit of our many newcomers,  along with a welcome to all our regular visitors who may not know this thread is here.

Feeling lonely?  A little misunderstood, perhaps,  as though no-one really believes the nightmare we must endure.

Here's 10 pages worth of comments,  going back fully 10 years,  that suggest you may not be completely mad or simply seeking sympathy for an imagined disease.

Consider starting back at page 1,  smile when it matters,  and I can promise you are not alone.

IP Logged

CCHInRemission
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Halifax NS
Reply #236 - Aug 18th, 2022 at 5:26am

I was going in for my 4th brain surgery and someone actually said....oh wow....4? Maybe it is that bad....no the first 3 brain surgeries were just to get someone's attention. especially the one when they gave me 24 hours to live from infection.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!