Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Dopiest responses to CH (Read 50822 times)
southwalessunshine
CH.com Veteran

caerphilly uk
Re: Dopiest responses to CH
Reply #25 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:33pm

My brother asked maybe it wasn't just psychological.  I couldn't talk to him for quite a while without gritting my teeth. A friend has said 'yeah I get migraines too'.  The usual about laying in a dark room, quiet etc.  The sweetest is when ever I tell my 6 yr old son that 'mummy has a headache, he asks which side and gently rubs it, kisses it then holds my hand as I take my 02.

keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.&&Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.&&Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.&&Helen keller

IP Logged

jay
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:48am

This one from a nuro that not only do I not see I asked for him to be banned from touching my file.....

The reason you have headaches is because you are derpessed! I asked him why when you gave me morphine did it not help his answer because you are depressed you dont know what you are talking about!!

thingy

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #27 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:31am

The all-time stupidest thing ever said to me about ch was before I was diagnosed correctly:

I had called AGAIN to the Kaiser Permanente help line sobbing because the pain from "a sinus infection" was so bad I needed HELP!!!
The nurse who answered told me to "EAT JALAPENOS" to open my sinuses!!!

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #28 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:38am

One of many.....from a neuro....

"Well, until you stop smoking and drinking coffee there is nothing I can do for you. You'll just have to keep beating your head on the door jam like you have been."

I thought Blake was going to burst into tears.....won't repeat what I told the a$$hole doctor.

Jackie

IP Logged

david_dps
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

israel
Reply #29 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:39am

i was told to have a glass of whisky singel malt and a joint of hashis
befor i knew about ch i did try that
boy was i wrong  Cry

my mum god bless her told me to sleep it over
i love my mum but if could sleep i would sleep

IP Logged

hurts_so_good
CH.com Junior

Hate headaches, love Linux

Lurgan, UK
Reply #30 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:52pm

Good stuff there.

As referred to above, I really hate "I'd one of those once."

Oh yeah, and if I thought I could get away with a single malt during a cluster cycle, I'd happily go for it.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:53pm by hurts_so_good »  

Help defeat cluster headaches - use Linux
imnotanaccountant  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #31 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 8:33pm

I've brought this up before...

My pregnant ex-wife told me that I was psycho-somatic with the headaches and jealous of the attention she was getting because she was pregnant.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 5:50am

doctors response:  "your grinding your teeth while you sleep"

boss's response: " I get migraines too you just need to get atleast 8 hours of sleep"   

It takes me 16 hours in bed to get 8 hours of sleep so even if the only thing that I did was work 10 hours a day and went straight to bed I still wouldn't get 8 hours of sleep.

IP Logged

wanna_swap_brains
CH.com Junior

x0|manchester|England||0|0|
Reply #33 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 6:12am

just a couple of many.
on the sleep side of things,our local chemist said"try a glass of warm milk before bed"
and a occupational health doctor said"yeah ive dealt with cluster headaches before................how do you spell that???(sumatriptan)

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #34 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 1:09pm

Drink grape juice.

So, i did try it... figured couldnt make it worse.  It didn't help or hurt but I do love grape juice.

I also had someone say to me:  "Your kids are so loud, no wonder you get those headaches"

I said  Lips Sealed and walked away (I was having a shadow)

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

dionysiusaeropagite
CH.com Junior

May the Peace of the Lord
be with you Always

Columbus, OH
Reply #35 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 3:37pm

my two favorites:

Mom - "Just rock your head back and forth or take a hot shower."

Friend - "Try pinching the skin between your thumb and forefinger.  That helps."

And another classic

"Try acupuncture"
Yeah, when they can get the needle to go through the skull and mess around with the nerve cluster in the brain ... maybe that would work Wink

But yeah, friends and love ones mean well, they just don't understand.

Here at seminary (for those who don't know, I'm studying to be a Catholic Priest) I told a friend that I received the Sacrament of Anointing and he told me that headaches are really grounds for the Sacrament.  I wanted to reach over and slap him silly!

One "cure" that I think does work is "Pray more."  It won't necessarily eliminate them entirely, but I must admit that my prayer life is the only thing that gives me the strength to continue to carry this cross!

God Love you!
Joe

Come to Me all who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest says the Lord.
polishtank01  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #36 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 4:07pm

mom used to tell me to prey before i went to sleep, its good advice but it dont do much for cluster headaches, or " im not paying 60 bucks for this medicene to stop a little headache". that was after she found out the preying didnt work. Coach bill.

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #37 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 7:50pm

Except for you folks, I mostly don't talk to anyone about them anymore.   Lips Sealed  No point.  They don't get it. 

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.  It's just a thing.  So if I show up in the morning after a bad night looking like I've been dragged backwards through a culvert, I just let them think whatever they think.  I may look bad, but most people have sense enough to leave me alone when I've got the afterburn going on.  As far as I'm concerned, my personal appearance after a nasty hit is nature's way of saying "don't touch".

Dopiest response?  I've mentioned this before, but it was the optometrist who told me the headaches were caused by eye strain.  He gave me a contraption to perform "eye exercises" with.  The exercises consisted of crossing ones eyes to merge two images into a single stereoscopic picture.  I got pretty good at it.  To this day, I can watch a 3D movie without the special glasses.

Needless to say, it didn't help.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #38 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 11:22pm

Luckily, my GP diagnosed me. My neuro is cool. The stupid responses I'd get are... migraine, go lay down. And.. I get headaches too. I don't discuss them with anyone but my friends here. If I'm out, I grit my teeth, and keep my mouth shut. If people ask about my red eye, I tell them, it just does that. No point in discussing it.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #39 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 2:52am

So I was talking with someone today & they go "Any chance he might be possessed?" I said "Why,  yes, of course, that makes perfect sense." (and laughed uncontrollably when alone in the bathroom...)

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #40 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 4:08am

I had to hunt this thread down to add this.

"Well, have you tried Vicodin for this?"
"Yes, I have. It did nothing."
"How many did you take? You probably just didn't take enough." From a DOCTOR.

Later on, my Mom and I realized, we really should have asked how much was enough. I doubt a full bottle of it would work. Then we BOTH started laughing going "How much is enough vidocin? 20? 30? 50?! LET'S CALL HIM AND ASK!"

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 4:28am

Here's a new one for me "we need to get your sleep under control" WTF how do you sleep when you get 2-5 ha's a night,  my wife even got mad at that one. Cheesy

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #42 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:21am

I just hate it when people tell me to take an aspirin... Probably because the beast is about to pay a visit and I'm not at my most patient.

Like others here, I don't say cluster headaches. I say I have a malfunctioning brain and when people ask about why I don't drink, I say I'm allergic to alcohol. It's just easier than saying headaches and people don't try to give you all kinds of BS cures that they've used to get rid of migraines etc.

I wish raisins and grape juice did get rid of them!! If we could get PB&J sandwiches on the list, I'd live on that diet forever!!!

Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

darknight
CH.com Veteran

Ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight?

x0|Manchester|Great_Britain||0|0|
Reply #43 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 7:10am

Hello,

Love these threads they do make me laugh!!!

Before i started on 02
Boss at work " It is because you have 2 monitors" after taking the 2nd monitor away and being struck "it must be the lights in the office" After changing the lights and still being struck he finally listened to me that it was neither the monitor nor the lights but hey the office benefitted from blue daylight bulbs!!

All i can say is that he was trying to help as smoe people do but what would help is that they listen to the person!!!!

This is My Gift My Curse!!

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #44 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 8:21am

Quote:
  Here's a new one for me "we need to get your sleep under control" WTF how do you sleep when you get 2-5 ha's a night,  my wife even got mad at that one. Cheesy

I also got mad when the jacka$$ was badgering Phil about how much caffine he drinks a day.  The neuro was saying come on tell me how much you really drink, tell me the truth, it's time to come clean.  He had no frickin' clue.

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #45 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 8:45am

Jackie wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:38am:
One of many.....from a neuro....

"Well, until you stop smoking and drinking coffee there is nothing I can do for you. You'll just have to keep beating your head on the door jam like you have been."

I thought Blake was going to burst into tears.....won't repeat what I told the a$$hole doctor.

Jackie
As I do agree that neuro is a jacka$$ especially the part about caffeine, I will admit when I quit smoking, my cluster cycle duration, # per day, and intensity has been reduced by a lot.  I will be smoke-free from cigarettes for 4 years come Feb.  Tobacco of any kind was a definite trigger for me.  Not sure if quitting had anything to do with it or maybe it's just a coincidence.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Squirrel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Wisconsin
Reply #46 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 11:40am

Finally, some mental relief from this stress.  Reading these posts made me laugh out loud - which I haven't done in eons.  It's nice to know that other people hear the same stupid ideas from people.  The times when I REALLY need to bit my tongue are when people say, "Oh, ha, I get those bad headaches too."  Ya - NO YOU DON'T!  I love the idea of calling it a brain disease - it may stop some of these well meaning suggestions/comments.

IP Logged

Scott Lawrence
CH.com Junior

Full Time Fighter Since
Nov 5th 2008

Mitcham, London
Reply #47 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:08pm

Assistant Manager at work : "If you don't want to come into work then don't, but please do not come in and put on those kind of theatrics again...."

Mind you that was only a couple of days after being diagnosed, and I probably shouldn't have been in.....

He's still a dumbass though...... Smiley

“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
“I enjoy convalescence. It is the part that makes the illness worth while.”
Scott Lawrence 652942399  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #48 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:37pm

Quote:
we really should have asked how much was enough. I doubt a full bottle of it would work.

Au Contraire....a full bottle would work like a charm.  You'd be dead!!!!!!   end of the headaches though.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

luketd
CH.com Newbie

Action not words.

London Uk
Reply #49 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 1:03pm

Only today i saw a new neuro who's comments included:
"so your migranes"........ er NO
and
"do you think that its because you've moved and its a new environment" well i have moved 200 miles down the road but im not sure thats the route cause.
Bless my family, i still get, drink more, sleep more, eat less, eat this, dont  eat that, im sure everyone knows the classics. My response it to laugh, if only they knew. I love the brain disease one, i might try that, ive only ever told my very nearest and dearest but i think that might be quite entertaining, i think it dose it more justice that, "headache"
Roll Eyes
L

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!