Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Considering an attack log... (Read 1125 times)
BlkJack-21
CH.com Newbie

Chicago, IL
Considering an attack log...
Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:32am

At the end of my last cycle..I was considering doing a log of the attacks when the next cycle started.

I have been browsing through the forums here and really haven't found anything like this.

So is it a waste of time to begin something like this? And if it is worth the effort...what would be important things to include?

Start/Stop times - Can't help it...I frequently look at the clock hoping for an end of the attacks. So I usually know what they are.

Kip Scale - I can accurately document what it is when awoken from a sound sleep and when it peaks.

Location and description - Although my attacks are pretty consistant at onset, they do seem to vary whether it travels to my jaw and neck.

And any other signs/symptoms - tearing, nasal congestion, etc.

Is there anything else that might be worth writing down?

Feedback is definitely appreciated!

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Re: Considering an attack log...
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:41am

Here's some diaries that were on clusterbusters...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
That's the doc form

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register That's the adobe acrobat form.

Anything that you think may be helpful to the doctors, write down. Or if you're doing this for yourself, anything that you think is important.

You can always make your own little spreadsheet, and set it up so you can check off what symptoms were present at what time.

The only reason I did one was for the benefit of my physicians... But they didn't need it, because they both (GP and Neuro) saw me during attacks. It's always advisable to have as much information in your arsenal as possible, though....
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 2:47am by Pixie-elf »  

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:40pm

I kept one for 3 months. I also wrote down everything that I ate and the time that I ate it. this helped me ident foods that would trigger attack.

Kept a little notebeeok in my back pocket everwhere I went.

Shocked the Doc when I took it out.... I think that's when she started taking me seriously...

Jim

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:44pm

Here's another one off the OUCH site
Good luck

IP Logged

mc_ashes
CH.com Junior

x1|Vicksburg|USA|usa|347|246|MS,Mississippi
Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 10:27am

My log includes:
Date
Start time
End time
Kip level
Abortive Action (including time on O2 if that's the abort action)

I believe keeping a log is helpful in getting your doctor's attention.

Mark

IP Logged

BlkJack-21
CH.com Newbie

Chicago, IL
Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 5:09pm

Thanks Pixie-elf and thebbz

I do believe in providing as much detail as possible and that the OUCH log seems to include all or most of the important details.

Weather and food are some things I did not consider keeping track of...

Thanks everyone for the info!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 1:18am

Weather and foods are equivical. The other information is not.
Hope your doing better
the bb

IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 1:50am

It is not only important to keep a log of the Ch attacks and all the info that is or could be effecting
the situation, it is a must!

On one hand to give yourself a realistic picture, mostly tangible non subjective, of your attacks the
effectiveness of the medication, preventive and abortive, as well as a very solid information base with
which one can argument better and effectively when talking to the medical “world”

I have used the computer Excel tables for 2 years and have detected a few interesting things about my CH
that I would have not have detected if I would not have a log.

you can look at the log at:

Michael

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 3:27am

I wish I would have kept better records in the past.  I threw out most of my stuff about a year ago.  I was in remission for six years.  My dumb.

My log now is pretty simple.  Maybe too simple.
(exmp)
10/24/08    Vrap-360mg  Pred-60mg
                 4:00pm  K8-30min
                 sleep 12:00-1:00  K5-20min     sleep 2:00am-4:30am k4-k5  15min

10/25/08    Vrap-360mg  Pred-40mg
                 sleep 1:00-2:10 am  K8-45min

I think it is best to keep some type of record.  The more info the better.

It sure would be interesting to standardize a log on this site that could somehow be combined to look for any simularities.  It seems to me that there are alot of people coming off of 4-6 year remissions, which would lead one to believe there is something n the environment.  Just a thought.

PFD's On Ya
                                        JPC

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!