Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 in The Netherlands (Read 994 times)
jason1212
CH.com Junior

I'm out of my mind please
leave a message

Tampa, FL USA
O2 in The Netherlands
Oct 28th, 2008 at 12:19am

I will be travelling to Europe the first 2 weeks of December and it's looking like I may be in a cycle at that point.  I will be visiting The Netherlands and Belgium staying in Amsterdam and Brugge.  Obviously I would rather not be in cycle for my trip and I am trying to avoid it.  As for abortives I will have my Imitrex (inj.) but, my absolute favorite is Oxygen.  In Amsterdam I will have an apartment and it sure would be nice if I had a tank or 2 there.  Could someone here please provide me with some info on procuring Oxgen in the NL or maybe point me to a relevant thread.  It would be GREATLY appreciated.  I apologize in advance if this is a subject that has already been covered at nauseum. 

Cheers and PF wishes!

-Jason

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: O2 in The Netherlands
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 12:29am

Try calling the 800 number for Linde.  I know they have a European division.  They are who I got my O2 from when I was in Norway.

What can it jurt to give them a call?

1-866-216-5120

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 12:34pm

Jason:

I'm jealous!  I lived in The Netherlands from '89-90 and stayed in Brugge.

I don't remember the vendor I obtained O2 from there, sorry.  I do remember that the tanks were smaller, steel, and higher pressure than their US equivalents.  I do remember the dutch word for oxygen was "zuurstof", which means "sour gas".

Good luck,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 4:03pm

Hi Jason,

I am Dutch but sorry for replying late as I must've overlooked this thread.
Farmadomo is what delivers the gas from Linde throughout the Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg).
Their telephone number is: 088 32 76 276 ( I did not include the number of phoning from the outside into the country, as I do not know it from the top of my head, but it shouldn't be too hard to find it out when you're in the USA).

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
though I have to say it is in Dutch.
Probably best is to write a mail to:
info@farmadomo.nl

Don't worry, 16,5 million people in the Netherlands speak English so there's no language barrier there (except for my dad, but he's ANCIENT..... as in prehistoric lol).

Furthermore, enjoy your stay in Amsterdam. It is a lovely city and dare I say it? We Dutch are a very warm and welcoming people who love to meet new ones from abroad ....... just be sure to not go into boroughs like Slotervaart if you enjoy your positions.....

Brugge in Belgium.... ya gotta love it! If you ever visit 2 cities in the Low countries (the Benelux that is) Amsterdam and Brugge are certainly up the list.
I can also recommend Antwerp, Liege, Gent, and in the Netherlands besides Amsterdam also Maastricht (I'm a southerner, so I have to plug my own area!) and up north Groningen.

All the best wishes from the Netherlands and have a great stay here.
Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 4:09pm

Enjoy your positions? Lol did I say that? It gives a lot of food for my perverted imagination, but off course i meant: possessions.

Don't blame me for not being an English native speaker please!

Greetings, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!