Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Parkinson's & CH? (Read 3438 times)
billyjoe
CH.com Veteran

Berthoud, Colorado
Parkinson's & CH?
Oct 31st, 2008 at 9:32am

I was surprised to see the question on the new survey asking if you had a parent with Parkinson's, because I do.  Does anyone know what the relationship here may be?  I am looking forward to the posting of the survey to see how much of a correlation may be here.  

Bill

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Re: Parkinson's & CH?
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 10:57pm

billyjoe wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 at 9:32am:
I was surprised to see the question on the new survey asking if you had a parent with Parkinson's, because I do.  Does anyone know what the relationship here may be?  I am looking forward to the posting of the survey to see how much of a correlation may be here.  

Bill

My Great Grandfather had Parkinsons. My Papa has told me a lot of what they went through with him. It may also be a standard question, to find out what kind of neurological diseases run in the family... I know every neurologist I've had, has asked if there was anything like it in the family.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 11:09am

My uncle had this parkinson,s it messed him up real bad and now im very interested in finding out more info on a link. coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 10:41pm

My mom has MS. another nero disorder. does this have something to do with my condition?? far fetched?? just asking.

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

billyjoe
CH.com Veteran

Berthoud, Colorado
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 7:35am

I asked my neuro about this and he said (I think) Parkinson’s is located in the hypothalamus area and CH is in the thalamus.  So they are located close together, but other than that he had not heard any correlation.  He did think it was good for a survey to be looking "out of the box".

Bill

IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:16am

Both my grandfathers had Parkinson's, but neither had clusters.

Malcom

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:24am

A very thought-provoking question!

It's well established that there's a very high incidence of smoking in clusterheads' medical histories.  It's also well established that there is a very LOW incidence of Parkinson's among smokers.  Wonder if there's a correlation?

Could it be that smoking somehow prevents Parkinson's, but that CH might pop up instead?  Maybe a lot of us would have gotten Parkinsons instead of CH if we hadn't taken up smoking?  Just wild speculation, but it's interesting.
Huh
Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:22pm

Hmmm.... Huh

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:48pm

none in my family... yes...a good question...but I'm gonna choose to NOT worry about it...DID get that genetic worry wart gene from Ma and Nanno...I'm tryin SO hard to beat that one for now...

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 1:12pm

Interesting idea here, I hadn't thought of it.

Yes, my mother had Parkinson's. My brother gets migraines but I'm the only one of us blessed with CH. I'll have to ask my neuro about this!

David

Oh, and something else - I've been getting what he calls Benign Positional Vertigo, had two bouts of it (one currently). Annoying but at least there's the benign word in there... don't think it's related but you never know.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2008 at 1:13pm by Balanchine »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!