Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Change in Symptoms Change In Sides (Read 740 times)
luketd
CH.com Newbie

Action not words.

London Uk
Change in Symptoms Change In Sides
Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:12pm

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question really, wondering if anyone has had their CH's change sides and if they noticed any alterations in symptoms (beyond obviously everything being on the other side) ive seen posts about this before but after chatting with a friend of mine who is studying Neuro-Psychology i thought it would be interesting just to ask!

PFD

Luke

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: Change in Symptoms Change In Sides
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:43pm

Have they ever changed sides on me?  NOPE!!  But they sure are trying!  LOL

I am chronic, and have had these for 29 years, the last 9 as chronic.

I am primarily a "lefty" ... About three years ago, I would get twinges on the right side.  Then I would get an occasional hit on the right.  Now I never know which side I am going to get hit on, and three times, I have gotten a hit on both sides, at once.

The hits that I have on the right, are identical to the hits on the left.  I am still primarily a "lefty" as most of my hits are on the left side.

So, because I am still primarily a lefty, I answered no, they have not switched sides ... The right ones have just been added onto my left ones.

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:34am

Luke, I'm always on the right. And then, for the very first time in 20+ years, during my last cycle it switched over to the left for a single weekend. Just to tease me I suppose.

The difference was positioning, in that normally my pain starts in the ear and just forward, in the temple. The left sided weekend pain was more frontal, directly above my left eye.

From what my neurologist has said, and from testimony here, I gather the switch, while not terribly common, isn't anything to be concerned about.

We can all just be normally concerned about everything else with this stuff!

David

IP Logged

luketd
CH.com Newbie

Action not words.

London Uk
Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 7:47am

Thanks for the replies Chuck & David, i think this is quite an interesting idea of change in symptoms, ive talked to some migraine sufferers and some other clusterheads who have had symptoms drastically alter when their Ch's switch, wondering if there is any research into this, it also links in with one of the other topics (clusters back and an odd symptom) which seems to indicate that certain symptoms would only be suffered by people whos clusters are on a specific side. Id be really interested if anyone else had any ideas!

Thanks

Luke

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 8:58am

I can speak only for myself but honestly I've never had two cycles the same. Sometimes it's left, other times right, and wildcat strikes can be either or both sides simultaneously with the occasional mini-cycle thrown in for free just for the pure fun of it.

Glad to have cleared that up for you.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!