Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
post (Read 2869 times)
ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va

Its been 20 yrs. and countless ignorant docs. None of them know what to do. All they have done for me for 20 yrs is start me on vicotin and valiumn at age 12 and work me up to oxycontin and xanx by the time I was 21. I don't know what else to do. I go to the ER, get 5mg of dilaudid, walk out, and drive myself home. And the doc think I'm a junkie cuz my tolarance is so high from all the years of taking opiates. My brain has been "re-wired" as they have told me. I will NEVER be the same again, never. And it sucks for me. So do you see my frustration??? I can't eat because I might trigger a headache, I can't sleep because I'll wake in the middle of the night with one. I've already lost 15 lbs. this cycle. Do I need to keep going? I can't spend time with my son because he knows when I start pacing that to "be quiet because daddy's head hurts". What kind of life is this??? Its not a life, its not even an existance. 

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: post
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 2:49pm

In your distress/frustration you didn't tell us whether you are seeing a good headache doc and what--of the stadard meds--you are using.

Clearly, treatment options have improved significantly since I started my CHs 35-years ago. There are good options available to you.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 3:33pm

No good docs. just pain managment. he's got me on MS Contin 30 mg 2x a day and zanaflex 2 mg 2x a day. Opiates seem to be the only thing that work. none of the verapamil, senequan, baclofen, thorazine, magneziun, amatriptaline, depakote, lamictal, do I need to keep going?

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 4:37pm

ChefChris wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 3:33pm:
No good docs. just pain managment. he's got me on MS Contin 30 mg 2x a day and zanaflex 2 mg 2x a day. Opiates seem to be the only thing that work. none of the verapamil, senequan, baclofen, thorazine, magneziun, amatriptaline, depakote, lamictal, do I need to keep going?

No triptans? This regimen seems archaic.  get oxygen.

Potter

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 7:03pm

Wow, that is not a good recipe for success. 
Dang.  You've tried all the other popular drugs?  Nothing worked?  Have you gone about it in both the preventative and abortive methods? 

If you say it helps you, I won't knock it, but you are playing with fire.  Your method would be my absolute last resort, even after an operation from Dr Ali Sultaneh.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 7:28pm

BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 7:03pm:
Your method would be my absolute last resort, even after an operation from Dr Ali Sultaneh.  

Every time I hear that name I envision the Ali pig on the BBQ pit! Cheesy

There does come a time for a real HA nerologist somewhere in this story right?

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 7:54pm

I can't eat because I might trigger a headache, I can't sleep because I'll wake in the middle of the night with one. I've already lost 15 lbs. this cycle. Do I need to keep going? I can't spend time with my son because he knows when I start pacing that to "be quiet because daddy's head hurts". What kind of life is this??? Its not a life, its not even an existance.  

[/quote]

Sounds like the opiates are working good  SmileyCheesy  you surely dont need our advise. Shocked
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:12pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:00pm

Pain killers do squat for CH. You need a referral to the neuro. You can get from the ER doc. Your doctor is treating you with treatments from 25 years ago. Dump him. Take the links Dennis posted for you with you and demand reasonable treatment.
Hang tough take the advice given and you will be able to manage this.
Then you can play with child and get on with life.
all the best
the bb
I never eat a big meal while in an episode. Just snack all day.
Never relax ever

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:36pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Says here in the first post that he's been to see Dr. Saper at MHNI.  Just my opinion, but I would like to think that he would've prescribed some O2 and some kind of triptan.

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:02pm

What do you say Chris? Whats up, the people there are top notch from what I hear.
some docs will surprise ya though. Cheer up Chris, CH wont kill ya, it will get better. 02,02,02
the bb

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:46pm

You had a doc giving you valuim when you were 12 years old?

Smiley

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #11 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:34am

Once a junkie always a junkie.

Potter

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #12 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:42am

what a nice encouraging thing to say to somebody there potter. with your positive reinforcement i think i can do this. thank you potter!

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #13 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:52am

ChefChris wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:42am:
what a nice encouraging thing to say to somebody there potter. with your positive reinforcement i think i can do this. thank you potter!

Been there done that before you was a twinkle in your pappys eye.

Potter

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 12:21pm

ChefChris wrote on Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:20pm:
Its been 20 yrs. and countless ignorant docs. None of them know what to do. All they have done for me for 20 yrs is start me on vicotin and valiumn at age 12 and work me up to oxycontin and xanx by the time I was 21. I don't know what else to do. I go to the ER, get 5mg of dilaudid, walk out, and drive myself home. And the doc think I'm a junkie cuz my tolarance is so high from all the years of taking opiates. My brain has been "re-wired" as they have told me. I will NEVER be the same again, never. And it sucks for me. So do you see my frustration??? I can't eat because I might trigger a headache, I can't sleep because I'll wake in the middle of the night with one. I've already lost 15 lbs. this cycle. Do I need to keep going? I can't spend time with my son because he knows when I start pacing that to "be quiet because daddy's head hurts". What kind of life is this??? Its not a life, its not even an existance.  

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!