Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long vs Short Term Taper on Pred (Read 1105 times)
Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Long vs Short Term Taper on Pred
Nov 7th, 2008 at 3:33pm

My cycle has returned anew, oh joy. Smiley  Question for the group and the collective experience.  Here's my pred taper as I ramp up on Verap.  Would this be considered a long term or short term taper (speaking in terms of llikelihood of gettin side effets)

60 mg x 3 days
50 mg x 3 "
40 mg x 3 "
20 mg x 3 "
10 mg x 3 "

Many thanks,
Joshua

IP Logged

Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Re: Long vs Short Term Taper on Pred
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 3:42pm

That is definitely a short-term taper of Prednisolone. You won't have to worry about the side effects, although you can get the "steroid rage" some people get. I have never got that, though, so I can't tell much about it. I've understood it mostly just makes you much more active and full of energy.

- Best regards and PFDAN,
Rosa

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 4:23pm

Short term but you still my get some side affects,  I've done that taper several times.  Lots of energy when it works and some acne, but you shouldn't grow boobies Grin Smiley,  I've never noticed the "riod rage" but I know some do.  Good luck sorry there back,    Phil Cool

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 4:27pm

Phil forgot to add that you better stock the fridge and snack counter because the shit makes you ravenous for sweets. Cheesy

Roland. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!