Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
can not afford o2 or tolerate most meds HELP (Read 778 times)
Tanyana
CH.com Junior

What? Now???

Hayden id usa
can not afford o2 or tolerate most meds HELP
Nov 12th, 2008 at 10:45pm

Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice I have just offically been dx with ch so at least i finally know  what im dealing with, but am allergic to most preventive meds and cannot take and triptins (imitrex) and cannot afford o2. Insurance says no because i dont need for breathing problems.  and have just been told by my doc that since i have had multiable headaches for over a year that I probably am not the espodic type but rather the cronic type.  so cant afford o2 cant tolarate most acute med and am allergic veripamil and inderal.  cannot take lithum, depokate, topamax, zyprexa, predisone, amitripamenes     does anyone have ideas or suggestions

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!
Patricia Anderson Roth  
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Re: can not afford o2 or tolerate most meds HELP
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 11:07pm

Oxygen should be cheap.  Call your doctor and tell them to call the insurance to have it approved.

Oxygen is probably the cheapest route you can take.  You could get a can of RedBull every day and drink it when you feel you are about to get hit.  But at $2 per can, that would be $60+ per month - probably more than O2 would cost.
I take Melatonin and benadryl every nite before bed.  That seems to help.  Buying a bottle of each of those will cost you $15 to $20.

Oxygen is gonna be the cheapest route, and probably most effective.  Get your script and call Durable Medical or Medical Supply companies and ask about how much it costs.

PF wishes to you
B$

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Re: can not afford o2 or tolerate most meds HELP
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 11:36pm

If you cant get the doctor to approve it then there is welders o2,  call welding supply companies in your area to find out the price.  Like B$ said its probaly cheaper than red bull or even coffee if you buy it at starbucs.
  There are also herbal treatments look for the kilowatt3 post.

Hope you find some relief soon,   Phil

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!