Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Itching ear (Read 929 times)
NeilB
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

England
Itching ear
Nov 13th, 2008 at 3:43pm

I'm pretty sure it's related, I get a maddening itch inside my ear (on the side of my headaches). And when I get an attack, the whole ear starts itching like mad.
Does anyone else get this?

Neil

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Re: Itching ear
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:28pm

Well, does it only happen during a cluster? A LOT of people have pain in the ear/around the ear, myself included...

Never had it itch myself... But I don't doubt the beast could do it. My ear (left only) has has tinnitius in it sometimes during attacks.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 12:34am

Tinnitus is ringing in the ear? No itch there! Wink

Everyone’s different when it comes to how we are affected. Anything on the trigeminal nerve is fair game for the beast.

I get the nerve twitch inside my ear and it drives me nuts when I’m getting hit .

I also notice an increased light sensitivity during these periods.

CH is a mean and diverse animal to deal with.

Rolo.. Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2008 at 1:10am by N/A »  

IP Logged

NeilB
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

England
Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 3:29am

During shadows, the itch is deep within my ear, it feels like the eardrum is itching. But when an attack is coming, it spreads to my whole ear. I think it has just found another way to torture me.
Oh, and also my nose, often at the beginning of an attack, the left nostril itches so much it makes me sneeze. (Left is my side).
Actually, this has started happening since the neuro increased my verpamil dose to 320mg twice daily, dunno if that's relevant.
My MRI scan was clear, by the way, so it looks like you are stuck with me.

Neil

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 5:25am

My ear gets a "cramp" but no itch.

Get the itch in left (CH side) nostril and get on a sneezing kick. Feels like a "sting" more than an itch.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!