Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dancing With The Devil (Read 38013 times)
LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Re: Dancing With The Devil
Reply #25 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 10:55am

Smiley Smiley Smiley

My Dear Sweet Brother Svenn;

I Pray that God will continue to make you stronger and stronger each day.

Once again I am in debt to DJ... Thanks Deej for starting this board - without it, I never would have met this wonderful man.

Svenn, I am so very proud of you, for so many reasons; for admitting too yourself that you had a problem, for getting the help you needed to overcome your problem,
and for sharing your story with us.

My Prayers will continue to go up for you and Bente and I have no doubt that the Blessings will continue to come down.

Peace & Blessings
Ruthie

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #26 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 2:09am

Thank you my friend.  Still praying for you.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #27 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 9:26am

Dear Svenn:

I think of you every day, and pray when I do.  As I involved a group of prayer warriors (people who are lead to pray for others) at my church, I am often asked about you.  I provide what updates I have and request that they continue to pray.

Note to all:  Never underestimate the power or prayer!

Wishing you all the best,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Jrcox
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

FARMINGTON, MN
Reply #28 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:07pm

A few years ago, I was in the same boat. Thinking to myself and talking to my doctor. What do I do at night when I get the hi kip scale attacks. I was exhausted, and frustrated to no end. I asked my doctor for something at night. I asked for morphine as well. She told me no. For this exact reason.  Thank god. Very proud of you for kicking this unbelievable addiction.  My thoughts will be with you.

Jrcox

Jrcox jasonandmason jasonandmason@me.com jasonandmason  
IP Logged

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus

Each day will be a new
trick in life's journey

Australia
Reply #29 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 4:32am

Hey, my Viking Warrior, you are still my hero!

Through all that, you were there for me and many others.  I salute you my dear friend.
Kiss
Jazz

Jazz Wink&&&&Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility

IP Logged

+Danny Boy+
CH.com Newbie

I love morels

Minnesota
Reply #30 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 9:57pm

Hey man I hear where you are coming from. I am using butorphanol which is a synthetic opioid. It is in a nasal spray form but it is a quite powerful opiate. I could see where I coulsd easily get dependant on it and you are right it does not make it go away. It makes it a little more tolerable and that is it. I'm waiting for a prior authorization from my insurance company for imitrex injections, and I have my trusty e tank of oxygen. Hey man keep fighting the beast. Hang in there. Dan

The great thing about cluster headaches is..... uh....uhh...

IP Logged

Snurplebeans
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

ON, Canada
Reply #31 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 1:37am

I work at a detox....it's not a pretty place...and opiate withdrawals are the worst you see of the bunch. There are some exceptions for people coming in for alcohol....but usually they are either sick for 2 days and still able to function a great deal, or else they are just completely screwed, with seizures and all sorts of things. For some reason I see little in between; and the damage with alcohol more permanent and life threatening over all, but the most miserable and sick clients for the most part, that I see are people trying to come off of opiates, and it's extremely difficult. 
I had been prescribed opiate for years to deal with my back pain and problems with my muscles caused by a damaged spinal cord. I definitely saw a certain level of physical dependence at times, but nothing a couple days of feeling a little under the weather wouldn't get rid of - never a serious heavy detox was needed.

But I'll tell you why.....my headaches interrupted my opiate use.....it's because if I dared try and take opiates while I was getting the headaches (which I am still not entirely sure are cluster headaches but working on it), it would make them unbeliveably worse....just when you like think you're in the worst pain known to mankind....lol....I would be proven wrong.....
Sometimes, though rare, like maybe once every 4 or 5 months, the opiates would appear to trigger the headaches too. It happened enough at one point (meaning headaches showed up as soon as the drugs kicked in several days in a row) that I am pretty sure it is the case that they triggered them. But again, not that often overall. However no way in hell do I dare take opiates WITH the headaches going on or any sign of them nearby....there is no mistaking, I would pay for it.
Which is strange to me because they are supposed to KILL pain lol...

Anyway, point of all of this....if there is one thing that these vicious headaches were good for, it was keeping me off the drugs just enough to keep me out of a more serious addiction, which very easily could have happened and quickly considering how much tolerance I could get in a short time and how willing I was to keep popping the pills at times.

I know opiates, or at least many, are reported to increase intracranial pressure. For some sorts of headaches I can see why this would aggravate things.
I am curious to learn why some people with cluster headaches, and migraines (because I know of a few people who can't take opiates with migraines either) find opiates do dull the pain, and others don't, and others find it makes them worse. Wish I had become a doctor or researcher of some kind sometimes lol

Anyway. I have a few different treatments on the go now that make a LOT more sense in actually physically adjusting/supporting the problem areas for my muscles/spine and no longer am prescribed any opiates. Headaches to date....still figuring things out, but for me, yup, opiates not an option there.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 10:53am

Very nicely put sir! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

DEREK
CH.com Newbie

I am an Alien

South Africa
Reply #33 - Jul 22nd, 2011 at 6:32am

Good one

WHO,S THE MAN NOW..... Wink

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #34 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 7:35pm

As a matter of Fact, Svenn has been pain-free from CH for several years now.   Smiley

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

The Mad Viking
CH.com Sponsor

Always Look on The Bright
Side of Life

Oslo, Norway
Reply #35 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 4:07am

In november its 4 years since my last hit,so i have no reason to complain   Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2012 at 4:07am by The Mad Viking »  

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life&&
WWW svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #36 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:31pm

Damn Svenn that's great news!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #37 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 9:48pm

As they say over here...Can't beat that with a stick!

Very nice going Svenn.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #38 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 11:05pm

Svenn,

I don't know anything that can make me happier for you!

All the best!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #39 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 11:57pm

Wonderful news!  Couldn't be happier for you.  Smiley

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #40 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:15pm

The Mad Viking wrote on Sep 18th, 2012 at 4:07am:
In november its 4 years since my last hit,so i have no reason to complain   Grin

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #41 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:48pm

My most deepest congratulations!!
You deserve everything you have achieved and more!!
Live life to the fullest, never lose that great sense of humor you have, cause it keeps the rest of us smiling!!
Thank you for being you my friend!!.....Johnny Wink

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #42 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 10:51pm

A true story of inspiration we struggle with the demons and you have truly danced with the devil. When my son was born I walked away from drugs and alcohol and have been free for 17 years but I never did the hard stuff. God bless

IP Logged

CHsRtheDeviL
CH.com Junior

Kill The Beast!!!

Downers Grove
Reply #43 - May 21st, 2013 at 5:39am

I feel this story I'm 27 been getting CH for about 10 years now.  I also tried lots of medication that wasn't helping and I hate to say this but I was heavily addicted to heroin.  I thought it was the only thing that could help me out with headaches but it never did and by that time it was to late I couldn't stop.  I've been clean now for some time and have come to the conclusion that there is no opiate that is going to help.  I urge anyone who is taking opiates for CH to find something else they really dont help.  If your getting up to 10 or so CHs a day like I was you'd be hooked in no time.  Then you gotta deal with the CHs and keeping the meds flowing.  Super rough battle Cry

IP Logged

Mike R
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #44 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 4:37am

Wow, ya I've only being living with headaches for a little more than 3 years now and I can't imagine going on with the rest of my life with them.  When I had my first ER trip in 2010 they tried morphine and it worked but it seems to wear off in minutes and the pain went back to a 10.  Then they tried other opiates and that didn't help much, however the only opiate that seems to work for me is hydrocodone but if the cluster cycle is too far ahead (1 - 2 weeks) it's not effective.  I don't want to take opiates the rest of my life, they make me feel awful after a short while.

IP Logged

The Mad Viking
CH.com Sponsor

Always Look on The Bright
Side of Life

Oslo, Norway
Reply #45 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 2:09pm

Just so you know.We are writhing 2015 now and i am still painfree Smiley Smiley

Wish you all the very best from Norway

Svenn

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life&&
WWW svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #46 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:37pm

Wow! That is wonderful...May it last and last. Very happy for you...Johnny

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!