Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
this is my goodbye (Read 4275 times)
ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
this is my goodbye
Nov 21st, 2008 at 1:56pm

i cannot take the abuse here anymore. namely potter. he hads the worst attitude of anyone here. calling me a junkie, train wreck, among others. i came here for help, some gave, one didnt. i am in remission and its great. he said he was
"gonna hand me my head if i didnt quit lieing"
i dont need this shit from someone who has NEVER talked to me.  he needs to get his attitude in check. i finally found a place to call home and potter drove me away.
chris

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Re: this is my goodbye
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:08pm

Chris - don't judge us all by one.

I'm sorry about your experience here to date - give us a chance to change please? Come and be a part of it in my thread on the general board, your input would be much appreciated

Thank you
Helen

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:30pm

Chris,
That's one negative...out of HOW many?? The larger a crowd, the more likely one is to find a clunker....soo, if you'd like, I offer you the Ignore button...you choose who you don't want to hear from, and VOILA!
Your arrival here was a bit bumpy.......it was hard to follow your posts and some got the wrong impression. It happened to me at first as well.....but, my friend, ya gotta admit, you've gotten a LOT of help and support here...would you throw that away?
You have choices.  you can leave.and never come back, missing out on the greatest help and support you'll ever encounter for CH.......or, you can come back, all exhausted, more or less a newbie once again, trying to get your story out while you are exhausted and desperate......orr, you can hang on here, grab an oar, get to know and be known by people, bond with some........and know you can count on Clusterville to get you through the next cycle. The choice is yours, but I hope you will take this into consideration.
In other words:
Hi, Chris, I'm Cathi, welcome to Clusterville. I'm sorry you have to be here, but so glad you found this place. please stick around, you have a lot to gain here. Someone once said about this place "take what you need and leave the rest"........
Anywhoo, I've said my piece, and I wish you the very best of luck-Happy you are headed back to school, and I wish you tons of success........
and, of course,
PF-
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 6:30pm

Chris, you do not have to make this decision right away, enjoy your PF time. Get yourself armed and at the ready just in case the beast returns unannounced! Wink

Think about it, but no need to jump ship! That is my   Smiley worth.

Say hi to Kelsey for us. Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 6:48pm

Chris, just take a break.  Many of us have had our bumps along the way.  I've been called a troll and a liar.  But you know what?  I'm not.  I didn't leave, I took a break. 

I look for support through the wonderful people that reached out to me via PM, and I provide support on the public boards.  I've even started participating in the General Forums recently.  If you think of it as a family, it helps.  Because there's always the brother or aunt or cousin that has to try to spoil things for everyone.  You just have to turn to a different uncle or sister to vent, and be centered in yourself. 

There are very many wonderful people here.  It's an unmoderated board at the decision of the owner. 

If the hurt of one person can drive you away, I hope you continue to return to find what may be valuable information.

But I hope you can see past this.  There's too much potential benefit to yourself to write us all off because there's a spoiler bumming you out.  Just my two cents.  Smiley

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 8:02pm

Did you ever recieve the package I sent in good faith?

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

artonio7
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 8:04pm

Hi Chris... you don't know me and I don't know you. If CH is all we will ever have in common then I would say that in itself goes a very long way in building a bridge for understanding.

That being said, as a chronic cluster headache sufferer, I understand and empathize with the pain that you feel with regard to CH.

Like you, I found this place in an attempt to accomplish one thing. To STOP the nightmare of pain. What I found here was not a cure but something vastly more valuable to me.

Humans being human who understood what I was experiencing... (everyone else minimized my suffering because they could not imagine my pain, and because they couldn't relate... they just couldn't believe it was possible... they believed I was exaggerating.)

When I first came to this site Potter was one of the very first people here to contact me. I can't say that he wrote flowery prose welcoming me... but in his on manner he made a big difference in my life and I will always have a special place for him in my heart.

He was a little tough on me, well actually he was more than a little tough on me. One might say that he was what could appear to be mean. But... underneath the style which is pointedly Potter's... the underlying message was that of care and concern.

You can ask any of the folks here about what it was like to get me on Oxygen... I was a stubborn, pigheaded, a$$hole. I was in very high cycle and was getting slammed around the clock. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register is a video I posted of myself on youtube from that time. All I had to abort was frozen peas.

Potter was relentless and unyeilding in trying to bring me to see the errors of my ways. One would say "They don't use a kitten to make a tattoo" in other words... Potter in his infinite wisdom and unique way tortured me for my own good... THANK YOU POTTER"

Chris... you can do as you please concerning your health and treatment. You are certainly welcome to stay and allow us to help you... but remember... we are all humans sharing a common thread, Cluster headaches... and just as the many variables of our cluster experience may differ.. so does our styles for helping each other.

so... stop being a baby and let us help. Wink

with warm regards,
Tony
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2008 at 3:11am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:09pm

Quote:
underneath the style which is pointedly potter's... the underlying message was that of care and concern.

Yup.  If he didn't care he'd go away...tend to his cattle and live his life w/o all the hassle here.   He chooses to promote 02 every chance he gets.  He and Jonny have  an uncanny BS meter that I've been asking them  to teach me for several years now.  Potter is gruff and to the point sometimes.   Sometimes that is a good thing.

Yes....please DO stop being a baby.  No one drove you away.  You said the other day you are now out of cycle. 

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

The next person who calls
it a migraine eats teeth

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:15pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:09pm:
Quote:
underneath the style which is pointedly potter's... the underlying message was that of care and concern.

Yup.  If he didn't care he'd go away...tend to his cattle and live his life w/o all the hassle here.   He chooses to promote 02 every chance he gets.  He and Jonny have  an uncanny BS meter that I've been asking them  to teach me for several years now.  Potter is gruff and to the point sometimes.   Sometimes that is a good thing.

Yes....please DO stop being a baby.  No one drove you away.  You said the other day you are now out of cycle.  

and that makes it OK does it Linda? He "cares" so he can say what he likes in any way he likes and you will defend him?

Not in my world

and I am no baby

This isn't just about one person though, it is more a general comment.
Behaviour is behaviour, whoever does it and however long they have been here or how much they have contributed

W
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:24pm by pubgirl »  

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:34pm

Hey bro, don't leave here.  I'm in remission too, but I need this place more than anything when i'm not.

There are more good folks than bad here.

I'm very careful on how I word things and what I ask because I read a lot of post before I actually started posting.  If anything, I just learned a lot of alternative things to do to attack this beast.

Do yourself a favor and stick around.  It will be worth it.

Peace,
Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:40pm

He cares.   That's all Wendy.  Smiley

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:51pm

pubgirl wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 at 9:15pm:
you will defend him?

If Linda dont, I will!  Angry

You dont even know the man your talking about, Wendy, do you?

IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

it a migraine eats teeth

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:00pm

I can only go by how people treat us.

He attacked me too Jonny when I didn't deserve it and was trying to help people myself.

You may share the same antennae with him and defend the forum rightly for the same reasons but you took the time to talk to me before you tried to kill me   Grin

W

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #13 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:33pm

Okay, guys, to a certain extent, I can understand how he, and Patty who left, feel. (I'm not placing blame here though, bare in mind.)

I was on narcotics for 7 years. It's not something I was happy about, I had to have them to function due to bone pain. I didn't get goofy off of them at all...

...But I felt so ashamed. I felt ashamed because I couldn't stand up to the pain. I felt weak. I felt disapointed in myself... I didn't like to tell people, because I felt like they would look down on me, or they would know I wasn't strong enough to handle the pain on my own.

Now, thinking back to that time, if I had joined here and someone called me a junkie due to it? I may have considered leaving, because I had opened up, and wound up getting hurt.

All of the nice people would make me think twice about leaving, but I'd also probably fear opening up again...

I dunno if that helps any, but I figured that maybe it'd be helpful to know what it's like from the other side of things. It's not that you're not good enough, or nice enough... It's that the fight or flight response has kicked in.

Myself? I let insults roll off of me online, but some things do still get under ones skin...

Mystina
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:36pm by Pixie-elf »  

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #14 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:48pm

Quote:
but you took the time to talk to me before you tried to kill me   

I hope you will trust me on this one Wendy.   I....as well as many many people here, tried in personal pms to Chris tried to talk to him.

we really did.  To no avail.

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:54pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:48pm:
Quote:

I hope you will trust me on this one Wendy.   I....as well as many many people here, tried in personal pms to Chris tried to talk to him.

we really did.  To no avail.

I second this Linda, I really thought he would consider the oxygen but as with a lot of episodic, he also will give up on it till Mr kickass returns and he realizes that he is right back where he started.

LYG, Rolo….SAD!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #16 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 11:16pm

I am sad too Rolo....   Undecided

I hope you find what you were looking for, got some answers here...or not...I wish you luck Chris.

Good-bye

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #17 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 12:05am

Goodbye, then.

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #18 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 12:19am

Chris,

I answered your PM, don't really know what you were or are expecting out of this group.  From what I have researched you were helped on MANY occasions, by selfless people!!  Please remember why you came to find us, for help and answers. 

Take what you need and leave the rest!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 12:45am

Quote:
Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:48pm:
Quote:

I hope you will trust me on this one Wendy.   I....as well as many many people here, tried in personal pms to Chris tried to talk to him.

we really did.  To no avail.

I second this Linda, I really thought he would consider the oxygen but as with a lot of episodic, he also will give up on it till Mr kickass returns and he realizes that he is right back where he started.

LYG, Rolo….SAD!

Yep me to we tried to help,  too many pm's given to this one Cry

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #20 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 6:34am

One thing we need to remember -- we're all different....

Some come here for "instant" relief (or cures) and when they don't get them (the easy way) - they feel they've been slammed. Some people just can't be helped until they're ready to help themselves.

Wendy, you need to remember that we're all different personalities here -- some of us just "tell it like it is" and some are more politically correct and sugar coat things. No one is really trying to "hurt" anyone, but we're all hurting. The ones who are here the most are the chronics and we hurt all the time and are sometimes a little sharp in our replies, but mean well. Sorry if you got slammed, but it was with good intentions I'm sure. (I've been here a lot of years and don't know anyone on this MB who is just plain "mean" or would hurt anyone intentionally).

Sorry to see Chris go, but when he gets ready for help, he'll come back.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #21 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 8:43am

i just gonna ignore him. that was the best responce i got. then i can stay and learn more

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

it a migraine eats teeth

Reply #22 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 9:18am

ChefChris wrote on Nov 22nd, 2008 at 8:43am:
i just gonna ignore him. that was the best responce i got. then i can stay and learn more

Good for you Chris!!!

Lots to read, lots to learn

Good luck!

Wendy

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #23 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 3:39pm

Chris, I'll talk to ya soon, k?    Had yardwork, cooking, etc to do and didn't realize I was still connected.........sorry bout that!

Glad you decided to stay  Smiley

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!