Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
some info about Iddy (Read 1975 times)
Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
some info about Iddy
Dec 1st, 2008 at 1:13pm

The beast arrived in my mid forties. I thought it was a result of stress and grief. I lost my brother,one year younger to suicide in 03.Then I lost my older brother,by a year,to suicide in 05.It was about a month after my older brothers loss that I had my first CH.
I was given large doses of Neproxen which just rot my guts.
I am a patient at the Center for addiction and Mental Health in Toronto.I was put on Topiramate a daily dose. I take a muscle relaxent,Flexerol daily. When I feel the beast stir I take a Flexerol and Imetrex. I go to a pain clinic to get injections to anistatize the nerves on the right side it hurts so much. I was given a sample of Axert which seemed to be effective the one time I tried it.There is not a day that goes by that I am not affected in one way or another by this malady. Thanks for caring.

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Re: some info about Iddy
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 6:12pm

I am so sorry to hear about your brothers.   (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

You've found the right place - there is a LOT to learn about how to help yourself in dealing with CH!  There are lots of other potential preventatives and if you don't have oxygen, you probably don't have the best abortive there is available.  Many of us have found that we had to help our doctors find the right treatment.  Read, read, and read!  

All my best,

Laurie
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2008 at 6:12pm by Garys_Girl »  

This is enough already
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 9:19pm

Welcome, and sorry to hear of your string of family losses, having 2 brothers myself i dont know for sure how i would react. Im sure the doctors are taking good care of you in there, but i hope you get out soon and shake the beast's ass right out of your life. Stay strong friend. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 1:34pm

Thanks for the hugs Laurie. I had never heard of o2 as a preventitive.I intend to get on it immediatly and at the same time educate my MD. I'm looking forward to that part.It's never to late to teach an old dog new tricks.
Walk in peace
Iddy

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 1:45pm

Coach Bill,kicking the beasts ass would be a pleasure and I look forward to the day
Thanks for the support,this site is a god send. I have not read as much since I don't know when.I just realized I need glasses.
Iddy

Walk in Peace

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 1:50pm

Iddy wrote on Dec 1st, 2008 at 1:13pm:
I lost my brother,one year younger to suicide in 03.Then I lost my older brother,by a year,to suicide in 05.

I am very sorry to hear that.. Cry

I lost my only brother in 2001. Prayers for you’re healing on the way.

Roland. Smiley

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 7:40pm

Nice to meet you, another fellow Ontarian!  Iddy - are you in patient at CAMH?  It's quite the place.  My son-in-law just spent 3 weeks there in September.  Hopefully they'll help you sort out some things in your life.

Do you live and work in Toronto?

Hang in - hang around - some great folks here.

If you need the name of neuros in the area - let me know.  I have a couple of names if you're having trouble.

Carol

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:05pm

Hi Iddy and welcome. Sorry about your brothers, very sad.

Talk to your doc about getting o2 as a abortive for CH's and work on a preventive. With the help of this place and a great neuro (he is in Hunstville, Ontario) my life changed. I have kept the beast away for the most part!!!

Nice to meet you and you are not alone anymore with your pain. From another Ontarian,

Barry Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:39am

Hi Carol. I live in TO. I'm an out patient at CAMH and yes it is a wonderful place. Been there since 04.Thanks for the offer of the nuros. I will be in touch with you as I am following a couple of leads at the moment. I'll see how they pan out.
Walkin peace. Iddy

Walk in Peace

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:49am

Hi Barry,being a newbie it is the first time I have heard of o2 as a preventitive. I'm seeing my shrink at CAMH this am and will talk about it with him. He is a great guy.
Our family used to have a cottage on the Indian River.Not the Lake Muskoka side the other one. You would think after thirty years I could spell the name right but I can't. Rosseu??????  Any way thanks for the support.
Walk in peace Iddy

Walk in Peace

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 12:52pm

barry_sword wrote on Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:05pm:
Talk to your doc about getting o2 as a abortive for CH's and work on a preventive.

Iddy, sorry you read this wrong. I said o2 as an abortive, and work on a prevent. I take verapamil for my prevent.

I know the Indian River quite well, my wife Angie grew up on Mirror lake. Small world, eh! Wink

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!