Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to site (Read 926 times)
gyps
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New to site
Dec 2nd, 2008 at 6:29am

Hello, I found this site by searching for someone who has the cluster headaches, and for my interest also.  
I have worked for 25 plus years in a family practice setting in the business end of it.  We have one patient that has these severe headaches, and being in the field I want to know more of what may help others, lend a ear for ones wanting to vent, or just make friends with you all.  
This is wonderful that a site like this one has been formed so others alike can chat together...this guy is now in one of his cycles and it is really hard to watch knowing how much he suffers, as you all know.
I have had migraines in the past, now ocular migraines, and one sided headaches just to the left, above my eye that will hit almost daily, but so far has not progressed to putting me on my knees.
WOW look at me writing a book on my first posting...lol, sorry about that

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: New to site
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 10:56am

No apologies necesary!! It's awesome that someone in your field is taking an interest in this condition. Our biggest barrier has been a lack of knowledge on the part of many doctors. (through no real fault of their own, they get about 5 hours TOTAL education in medical school on ALL types of headaches!) Please ask away, read everything we have on the board and let us know what we can do to help educate!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 12:14pm

Ditto to what Guiseppi said.
I wish more people in the medical field would join this site and learn along with the rest of us
                                   JPC

IP Logged

echo
CH.com Alumnus

Chronic and still alive
--- I Win!

Overland Park, KS
Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 12:25pm

Nice to have you join to discover additional information pertaining to these little jewels that have the ability to jack-up our lives from time to time.

Welcome aboard.

"If you love something, let it go.  If it doesn't come back,  hunt it down and kill it". Proud father of a US Marine,  Marine turned COP, Navy Corpsman, and KS Army National Guard. Our  4 sons serve.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 12:33pm

Just Plain Carl wrote on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 12:14pm:
Ditto to what Guiseppi said.
I wish more people in the medical field would join this site and learn along with the rest of us
                                   JPC
Yeah, my neuro said at the last visit to watch out for those "chat rooms".  I just sucked it up (with total anger) and realized he is another ignorant doctor who only relies on the pharmeutical industry to help those with CH.  When I brought up shrooms and seeds, his eyes rolled kind of like how I rolled out of there laughing.  I was only there for the O2 script which wasn't approved by insurance anyway.  Sorry for the tangent.  

Folks like GYPS are angels in my mind because they care to know what we all go through.  By all means non of us are doctors, but the infomation I have gotten here has completely outweighed my neuros suggestions.  I'm more of a naturalists if you couldn't figure that out already.

Ask away GYPS, I, like all of us would be glad to give you any info about CH.  Some here are truely experts in my opinion.

Thanks,
Chad
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2008 at 12:37pm by Chad »  

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 1:59am

Hi gyps and Welcome

First, try and get your patient to come here and find out the (many) options and tricks available which can bring him some relief

Also, if you're in a position to do so . . . copy some of the 02 info off this site and see if you can arrange an 02 script for him . . .  works for 70% of us to abort if used properly and with the correct regulator and mask.

It would also be MOST beneficial for him to be able to speak with other sufferers who truly understand the pain we endure.  We are not doctors, though we have several members who are doctors, and a testimony to this site is the fact that I've noticed (especially the last two years) more members coming to this board because their doctor/neurologist suggested it, because . . "they know what they're talking about"

Thank you for taking the effort to find us for the sake of your patient.  I feel confident that others in your office will be aware of this condition before long . . . and education of the medical establishment .  .  . at whatever level is something we're always seeking.

Any questions . . . anytime . . . someones always here.

Be Safe,  PFDANs

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!