Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Understanding (Read 3117 times)
gus411
CH.com Newbie

Thanks!!!

x0|stony point|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Understanding
Dec 3rd, 2008 at 5:36pm

Understanding some people (all that I know) just dont understand what we go through. Hi my name is Chris I've been dealing with CH's since I was in 9th grade I'm now 26 and they were dormant for a year. Before now I was eposodic getting them for a few weeks then off for a few months. People thought I was crazy and my family especially. I could type here and tell you about my war stories against the beast but thats not why I'm hear. since this cycle started my close friends and family I guess for got what they were like and being recently married and just moving into my new house with my wife I dont think she got the full jist of what she was getting into LOL. Everyone seems to have an answer and what I should do ad how they or soeone they know get bad "headaches." I almost knocked my boss out today as I was asking him to just lay off for a little while and he was saying "you just have a headache and I' sitting there my eyye tearing and my nose running. Well I guess just wanted to see if anyone else has or had these problems and maybe some guidance. I beieve I posted before a while back I'm kinda like a ghost here scimming threw the wealth of knowledge on this board. Just a little more about me I have been on relpax, imitrex (pills, nasal spray, shotsYAY!! Also prednisone which was a waste O2 YAY maxatl and I forget the O2 and shots are awsome trying now to get the O2 back. Well thats enough about me and hope to get to know some of you as I feel very alone right now. Have a great day

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Re: Understanding
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 6:14pm

I am not a sufferer but a supporter - but Gary and I are partners in work as well as in life, so he had the benefit of me there to explain. 

Many people here have experienced what you have!

We found this letter written by a CH sufferer really helped:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

There's a thread in the "stickied" section up above dedicated to this.  Smiley

Stick around - you're not alone here.  And there's a lot to learn.  Smiley

Wishing you PFDAN,

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 6:23pm

Understanding is certainly what you'll get here..and a whole lot more.  Stick around and read the links here as well as at OUCH  (button to the left)

Welcome

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

gus411
CH.com Newbie

Thanks!!!

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 6:36pm

Thankyou thats comforting to know I hope to be an active part on this website now even (hopefully) if remission comes. Cant wait to have a bud light LOL Grin

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:11pm

Welcome to Clusterville Gus,

Check out the Letter to employers at the "OUCH" site  (link is to the left)  It really explains things to bosses and coworkers.

As you have already seen, there is lots of good infor here and we all know what you are going through.

Hope you are not too far away from that Bud Light.

PFD's On Ya
                                                JPC

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:41pm

Welcome to the nut house. Dang glad you found us, here's hoping the next remission is just around the corner!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 1:26am

gus411 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2008 at 5:36pm:
and hope to get to know some of you as I feel very alone right now.

Well, you're not alone with it anymore.   Smiley

And not to worry--you'll get to know us pretty darn soon.

Looking forward to your posts in the future.  Welcome to CH.com.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

gus411
CH.com Newbie

Thanks!!!

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:43am

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 4:57pm

My DH's CH was diagnosed just after I found out I was pregnant.  I was SURE my child would grow up without a father because how can anyone survive and function with pain like what I'd been witnessing?

Well, it's 17 years later and he's still around, in a wonderful remission and we're still married.  

Let your wife get used to what you do and ask her for her help, if that's what you need.  There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't want you around when I get hit" - if you say it nicely and explain why.  My DH doesn't want me around and so I go away.  I used to spend a lot of time crying on the patio or in the car or wherever.  But now I know this is a part of our lives together and I just let him handle it.  if he needs me, he asks.

I've taken him to the ER twice - but only at his request.  I know better than to suggest that if it's a "regular" hit.  

I do keep the energy drink supply up, coffee always ready to go, and don't even mind his M tank in the living room anymore!  Whatever he wants, he gets during a hit.  But if he doesn't want me around, that's fine, too.

We share the good things with our spouses, why not try sharing the "not-so-good" things?  It brought us much closer together in the long run.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

gus411
CH.com Newbie

Thanks!!!

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 5:47pm

Thankyou Mosaicwench I think I'm gonna introduce my wife to this site I tried once and I dont think she searched it at all. I may have to sit her down and show her all your replies and maybe she will see shes nt the only one who has to deal with somone with CH

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 6:04pm

Your avitar cracks me up Pat.

Yes please show your wife how to manuever around here Gus.  Besides Pat, there are lots of supporters here who will take her under their wings and help her with questions and teach her how to help you as well as herself.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 6:51pm

first welcome and you are not alone anymore. a supporter that trys to understand and assist you in various ways is so important.
i hope your wife finds in her heart to join in with us, there is alot to offer here in this family and it is all yours for the asking.

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:34pm

gus411 wrote on Dec 4th, 2008 at 5:47pm:
Thankyou Mosaicwench I think I'm gonna introduce my wife to this site I tried once and I dont think she searched it at all. I may have to sit her down and show her all your replies and maybe she will see shes nt the only one who has to deal with somone with CH

Oh please do!  There's so much info it can be intimidating, but there is a forum just for supporters, and there's lots of us here who want to help!  We all had to start somewhere, even if it is just saying "hi I don't know what to make of all this suffering!"

Laurie - a supporter  Smiley

This is enough already
IP Logged

AnnaH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Neosho
Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:38pm

Sweety no one understands these but those of us that have them and those that live with someone who does day in and day out. I hide them to the best of my ability when i can and give the shortest explanation possible when I cant.

Anna

AnnaH  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!