Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member (Read 657 times)
PossumCluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:04pm

Hi all.  I just got over an attack, one of the worst I've had, and thought I'd research a little what everyone hs to say about it.  Let me tell you about me:

I'm a 27 year old male.  I'm a smoker (I know that's horrible for numerous reasons).  I've had attacks for about 8 years, and they last for about a week, maybe two.  I'll have at least one a day, some more extreme than others, and then just small 'tremors' for about two or three months until I get into another cluster.

I've tried Imatrex nasal spray, and this was little to no help.  My father and uncle both suffer from these headaches as well, and they use the Imatrex injection, but after listening to my frequency and amount of pain, they both agree that I suffer from them more ofter and mine are much more painful.

I've been told that clusters are pretty much mystery headaches, and the triggers (if they're triggered at all) range from stress to certain types of red wine (my uncle's problem).

Anyways, just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and wish everyone a cluster-free night!

Best.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Re: New Member
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:42pm

Welcome to our family Possum.

Are you under a neuro's care and if so, what meds are you on.

JPC

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: New Member
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:43pm

Welcome to the club! What Carl said, when you get a chance, tell us a little about your diagnosis, what kind of preventative medication, if any, you are on. What abortive meds you now use. Maybe we can throw some suggestions your way!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!