Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Teen Clusterheads Click Here! (Read 24013 times)
Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Teen Clusterheads Click Here!
Dec 13th, 2008 at 8:55pm

Hey guys. I'm Felicia and basically I'm the teenage welcome wagon. I've been a supporter since I was 7 and now, almost 10 years later, I'm here at CH.com to help teens who suffer or support some one with CH. I know it's not easy to always understand the adults here, and some times you just don't want to be talked down to. Trust me I been there. So I'm here for the Cluster "kids". It may be easier for you to talk to me than to the others. Anyways, I'm just here to help. Only thing is there's a LOT of posts to go through on here and I just don't have that kind of time. What I'm saying boils down to this: If you want, I'm here to help, listen, whatever. Leave me a message in this thread or shoot me a PM and I promise I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. This is a long fight that you're in for but you've found your way home. That's what this is and it's the first step in your survival with the beast. Welcome to all and hope you're around for a very long time.

Broken(aka Felicia)

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
Felicia They.Call.Me.Alice little_black_flame@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Teen Clusterheads Click Here!
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 9:54pm

You are a sweetheart Felicia.   The only teen aroun d here that I am aware of is here...on the CH specific  board.  He is convinced that narcotics are the way to go.   Maybe you can talk to him.

Quote:

OfflineX
View ohioterpes's Profile
Send PM to ohioterpes
Send Email to ohioterpes
ohioterpes
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

cluster headaches and finals
Dec 9th, 2008, 1:43pm     hey i am 18 and have had cluster headaches since i was in the 7th grade, i am now a freshman in college and i have just been hit with another attack. only problem is i have finals this week and reading is well you know. with me the only thing that relives my pain is opiates such as vicoden or stadol injections, fallowed by a injection of steroid and a round of oral steroids. however i am away from my nerologist and am unable to get these shots until after my exams are over and i manage to drive back home. i was woundering if anyone had tips on dealing with the pain with out being on an opiate for the pain but still be able to focus on an exam for 3-6 hours? 

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 10:18pm

JrBrew is 17 and a supporter - does that count?

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 10:26pm

Of course that counts Pat.   I was just assuming Felicia meant she wanted to be there for teens with CH.    My bad.

Linda

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 9:06am

Of course JrBrew counts. I've actually talked to him a few times but have since lost touch. Tell him if he would like to talk I will gladly give out email or IM so that we can do so. And Linda I will try to talk to ohioterpes but I can't make any promises. I'm not trying to change people's minds if they don't want to be, I'm just here to make suggestions and refer them to others who know what they're talking about. Whether they listen to me or not is up to them. It's the best I can do.

Broken

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 7:06pm

Bump. Could some one please give this a sticky so I don't have to keep doing this? It won't do any good if it's 20 pages back by the time some one who needs it finds us. Thank you.

Broken

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 7:36pm

Felicia,    Only DJ or Steph can sticky  something like what you're talking about.   Being almost PC illiterate...here is what I woul;d suggest.

In the supporters board there is already a thread that is locked under Children as supporters by Margi a long time ago.

Maybe you can copy and paste your welcome wagon post to there.  At least it will be there for always.

I will keep note of it and keep adding or bumping it...Hows that?

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 7:50pm

Thanks Linda. I might post it there too but I would really like to keep it towards the top here so that those who are first coming to the site will find it asap. I think it's important that the people who are probably the most confused, scared, and alone(aka teens) when they find this site get the most help they can as quick as they can.

Broken

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 9:28pm

A bumping we will go.    Wink

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 4:53pm

Bada bump! Grin

Broken

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #10 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 11:34am

Once again, bump.

Broken

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:22am

Another shameless bump

Oliver

IP Logged

luketd
CH.com Newbie

Action not words.

London Uk
Reply #12 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 7:55pm

Hey, Im also a teen and on here (although only till January) but ive been a long time lurker since i was diagnosed about 5 years ago. Just thought id post and say im happy to lend any advice i can to anyone but especially to any UK teens who find themselves having to deal with all the problems our education system has ect.

Also in the mean time - BUMP

Luketd

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:58pm

Thank you Luketd. The help is apperciated. Wish I had found you a little sooner though beause it would have been nice to talk to you and so you didn't have to be quite so alone. Better late than never though I suppose! Smiley

Broken

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #14 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 10:43am

Bump.

Broken

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #15 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 10:42pm

Bump.

Broken

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #16 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 1:23pm

To the top.  again. Wink

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #17 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 1:35pm

Hi Felicia,

I love your avatar.  I actually have that pinned to my bullitan board in my kitchen......found it years before ch; it holds much more signifigance since the beast invaded my head.

I'm going to talk to my daughter Katie and see if she would be interested in joining the board.  She is 18, a Sr in H.S., and not your typical teenager.

Happy New Year!!

Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

washed-out
CH.com Junior

Native Engrish Speaker
:D

Poland
Reply #18 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 8:18pm

My CH started when I was a teenager (15?), well I still am.

Fortunately now it's pain-free time (although I have other health problems). I am really happy that this stage of my education will be over in like 4 months. I always had the best marks but now it doesn't really matter how good will I write my final exams (equivalent of a-levels), I just want it to be over, as the most of my life during school was about CH...

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #19 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 10:27pm

Beth, I would be thrilled to talk to Katie if she'd like. I'm always here to help. She's more than welcome to join as you well know. And "not your typical teen" is right up my street.

Washed-out, I remember talking to you when you first signed up. I'm afraid with the switch to the new board I lost you some how but it's good to see that you're back. I'm glad that you're doing well and hope you pass your finals with flying colors. It's great to hear from you again.

Please, any one who is a teen or has a teen that has to know our beast, don't be afraid to send them to me. I'm always here to talk, listen, and give advice in any way that I can. Email and IM screen names are ready and willing to be given out for those who need them. One of my new year's resolutions is to help as many teens and "kids" as I can. Clusterkids are tough but they need support too! That's what I'm here for. Happy New Year all!

Broken

P.S. DJ or Steph, if you could please, a sticky for this thread would be greatly apperciated. I'd like for as many to find it as possible. Thank you!

IP Logged

MidgetNMinx
CH.com Junior

My love is stronger then
his beast!

Grants Pass, OR
Reply #20 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 11:39am

This is such a wonderful thread I'm all for keeping it near the top.

Wink

Minxy

There is no such thing as I know enough!
midgetnminx  
IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #21 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 11:20am

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss KissJust wanted to say a big thanks to those who are helping me keep this at the top because with school and work and everything I just don't always have the time to bump it. So thank you guys and once again...
BUMP! Grin

Broken

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:52pm

Bump  Grin

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #23 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 2:55am

Birthday bump  Smiley

IP Logged

livin on pins
CH.com Newbie

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 8:30am

Hey guys, I've checked out the site a few times since the summer but finaly decided to post some stuff. Another teen clusterhead here, going on 4-5 years now, well this years ill be 20 but i definetly know what its like to be a teen with clusters so id be happy to lend support

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!